iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
Sep 17, 2012 at 3:43 AM Post #7,861 of 13,503
Quote:
Has anyone sent their DX100 back to China from the US? How long did it take to arrive? It's been 15 days since I sent mine and still no word.

I think you need to contact ibasso whether they received your unit after a few more days. Should not take that much time to arrive. I afraid something wrong in the customs....If so, I hope you have insurance on your unit....

Sep 17, 2012 at 6:09 AM Post #7,862 of 13,503
Quote:
Has anyone sent their DX100 back to China from the US? How long did it take to arrive? It's been 15 days since I sent mine and still no word.

And you sure it has arrived to ibasso? since you know they will stop anything overseas at international hub....and that do all those complicated procedure!

Sep 17, 2012 at 9:40 AM Post #7,863 of 13,503

Did you use Express shipping or 1st Class? I sent mine back to iBasso for updates via USPS 1st Class (a mistake) and it took about 3 1/2 weeks for it to arrive.
If you sent it Registered, it will take even longer as everyone handling the package must sign for it.

Express is the fastest, but most expensive.

Also, much depends on how fast (or slow) customs is working when it arrives.

Sep 17, 2012 at 10:43 AM Post #7,864 of 13,503
Quote:
Did you use Express shipping or 1st Class? I sent mine back to iBasso for updates via USPS 1st Class (a mistake) and it took about 3 1/2 weeks for it to arrive.
If you sent it Registered, it will take even longer as everyone handling the package must sign for it.
Express is the fastest, but most expensive.
Also, much depends on how fast (or slow) customs is working when it arrives.

This is somewhat comforting. I was being a cheapskate and used USPS First Class. So I have no tracking beyond the U.S soil. And no it hasn't arrived to iBasso yet. So I guess I'll just have to wait and see. Thank you for the replies people.

Sep 17, 2012 at 11:20 AM Post #7,865 of 13,503
Well 30 minutes after I made the comment above iBasso issued my refund :)

Sep 17, 2012 at 1:16 PM Post #7,866 of 13,503
I feel its only fair to update a previous comment on DX 100 woefully underpowering
my HD800s . i think that was back in July

i tried them on DX100 a few days ago again ,directly w/out my SR71B

Tho still no match for that combo they sound pretty decent . i listened to a cd
ive been familiar with for decades . Dark side of the moon . 24 bit 96

Now i hear that power on/off pop everyone else has been on about . Its not as overwhelming
as many have described , but its still there . i never heard it when using SR71B

im on latest firmware . Still tons of those application crashes . in fact more so even lately

Plus the usual multiple over multiple reboots to get working after making any changes on
dx100

As much as i enjoy the awesome sound of this unit the errors are wearing me thin

Ive heard nowt from Ibasso in some while . Has anyone else got any info on whether
they ve just abandoned us on this ? Is this as good as it gets or is there an awesome
update on its way ?

Cheers

Sep 17, 2012 at 1:19 PM Post #7,867 of 13,503
Quote:
It works just fine and the DX100 has access to the Google Play store 
smile.gif

Sorensiim, thank you!   time to pull the trigger.  :)

Sep 17, 2012 at 2:19 PM Post #7,868 of 13,503
Well according to Ibasso (I just received an email from them) they are not aware of any issues with the last firmware and thus are not working on any updates. I pointed them to this thread. Oh, and my unit is on the way! so :) for my unit but :frowning2: for no firmware update

Sep 17, 2012 at 2:25 PM Post #7,869 of 13,503
Quote:
Well according to Ibasso (I just received an email from them) they are not aware of any issues with the last firmware and thus are not working on any updates. I pointed them to this thread. Oh, and my unit is on the way! so :) for my unit but :frowning2: for no firmware update

I've pointed them to this thread numerous times. Sounds like they're being lazy.

I'm glad that I'm happy with both the sound and the lack of major issues with my version of the latest firmware.

Sep 17, 2012 at 4:21 PM Post #7,870 of 13,503
Quote:
Ive heard nowt from Ibasso in some while . Has anyone else got any info on whether
they ve just abandoned us on this ? Is this as good as it gets or is there an awesome
update on its way ?

Cheers

I would imagine they are working on an update. For me, 1.1.7 is the best and I have zero problems with it and the best sound, IMO. No crashes ever and no lockups using FLAC, Apple lossless, WAV or any high res music problems. 

Sep 17, 2012 at 5:02 PM Post #7,871 of 13,503
Quote:
I would imagine they are working on an update. For me, 1.1.7 is the best and I have zero problems with it and the best sound, IMO. No crashes ever and no lockups using FLAC, Apple lossless, WAV or any high res music problems. 

There is one problem though, it always skips the first 2 or 3 seconds of every song I choose. Don't know how to fix that.

Sep 17, 2012 at 5:14 PM Post #7,872 of 13,503
Thanks mate

Wow not aware of any problems i almost choked on dinner when i read that

ive sent them numerous email just since this firmware . They mostly responded
but never answered my question on another firmware update

Cheers mate

Sep 17, 2012 at 5:26 PM Post #7,873 of 13,503
Quote:
Thanks mate

Wow not aware of any problems i almost choked on dinner when i read that

ive sent them numerous email just since this firmware . They mostly responded
but never answered my question on another firmware update

Cheers mate

I don't think anyone has said there are no known problems. I know I don't experience any and I don't have a loss of the first part of a song. I use 1.1.7 and with that I have art work and everything plays with no freezing or hang-ups. 

Sep 17, 2012 at 6:49 PM Post #7,874 of 13,503
This is making me bonkers...more so than i usually am

i know i read it here bef i got my dx100 in july

someone has been able to use multiple micro sd cards

ive googled this to death in search of a sd to usb hub etc

multiple micro sd card reader..turn sd card into a plug that can read as a
usb port etc...

im coming over all 500 plus pages and still cant see that post

im almost certain the micro usb on dx100 is to hook to pc  etc
to transfer files and for life of me can find no micro sd to go
into dx100 that has any hub/connection capabilities

Can someone wiser than me...so any body lol Hook me up here
and point me to a solution

Cheers

Sep 17, 2012 at 9:39 PM Post #7,875 of 13,503
Quote:
I don't think anyone has said there are no known problems. I know I don't experience any and I don't have a loss of the first part of a song. I use 1.1.7 and with that I have art work and everything plays with no freezing or hang-ups. 

That is what Ibasso wrote in a mail they sent me, that they are not aware of any issues, and that they are not working on any updates.
Quote:
This is making me bonkers...more so than i usually am

i know i read it here bef i got my dx100 in july

someone has been able to use multiple micro sd cards

ive googled this to death in search of a sd to usb hub etc

multiple micro sd card reader..turn sd card into a plug that can read as a
usb port etc...

im coming over all 500 plus pages and still cant see that post

im almost certain the micro usb on dx100 is to hook to pc  etc
to transfer files and for life of me can find no micro sd to go
into dx100 that has any hub/connection capabilities

Can someone wiser than me...so any body lol Hook me up here
and point me to a solution

Cheers

It was indeed mentioned, somewhere in the first pages of the thread. But if I remember correctly it never happened, it was just an idea someone posted.
Cheers to you too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back