iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
Sep 1, 2012 at 1:06 AM Post #7,636 of 13,503
Quote:
Do we have to do a factory reset everytime we update a newer version of software? And if we do,do we transfer all our songs elsewhere before doing a reset? Currently I'm using the 1.1.7 version,felt that the SQ is wonderful already... Is it better to upgrade to version 1.2.3 from the previous version?

IMO no. It messes up the sound. Distored bass, boosted treble and mids in 1.2.3. But to get some benefits of 1.2.3  (if you have album art imbedded into your tags) you can update to 1.2.3. Then do a factory reset. Then let the player fully load up. Then play all music/albums from the main player tabs. Then revert back to 1.1.7 and have all your tags show up without downloading extra stuff and keep the great sound quality. I also like 1.2.3 wallpaper better (looks more luxurious).

Sep 1, 2012 at 1:18 AM Post #7,637 of 13,503
Quote:
Excuse me if this isn't the proper place to ask this question - I know that this thread is huge and this issue has been addressed within the thread but with no definitve answer that I can see.  But my issue is flac files being played out of order.  These are flac files purchased through HD Tracks (the only files the I've seen this issue).  As per suggestions earlier in this thread, I used CopyInOrder.exe to perform the copy to the DX100.  I also don't see a problem with the tagging that might be problematic.  The files are named with a numeric prefix (00, 01, etc.) hoping that might help but to no avail.  Interestingly, the problem doesn't occur accessing and playing the files through the "Directory" tab - which I believe I saw mentioned somewhere.  But it would be nice to be able to play the files from say the "Albums" tab. Any suggestions?

If I am not mistaken, HDtracks are numbered 1,2,3 instead of 01,02,03 on the metadata.

Use MP3tag and re-tag the numbering to show 01, 02, 03 in the metadata and it should play in order. 

Hopefully this will work for you!

Sep 1, 2012 at 1:23 AM Post #7,638 of 13,503
Quote:

Ok, but, for what I've understood, since it has a line out and not a line in, I cannot use it as DAC for my crappy notebook sound card, but only for outputting its sound on another device; or I've missed something? No, that this is a major problem, since actually I'm more interested in this DAP than in a dedicated DAC..

I hope it will do the same for my UM3X :)

You cannot use it as a DAC for your laptop, no. But you can use it to feed other amps through its line-out.

Sep 1, 2012 at 2:35 AM Post #7,639 of 13,503
I've decided, mainly due to the software being a nuisance and having to sort out getting my current playlists from my Mac on to the device not being something I want to bother with, I'm bailing out of ownership and have my DX100 up for sale. Not helping things is that I bought a MacBook Air which I can use when travelling as well, with one or another portable DAC.

Sep 1, 2012 at 2:39 AM Post #7,640 of 13,503
So you are having problems with your itunes playlists working on the player? I use Mediamoney for the syncing. I also have all my playlists backed up in an easy to access location so the pain is done once I went through the process of creating each playlist. I got real tired of having computer issues and losing my playlists.

Sep 1, 2012 at 12:58 PM Post #7,641 of 13,503
Hi,

Hello ... I'm a new one here. I've just ordered iBasso DX100 and should get it next week. Therefore I'm trying to collect the whole possible knowledge. Because of young firmware I can see the situation not so well.
I've tried to read all of the posts ... it takes time.
I've got a few questions:
- which FW is better, 1.1.7 or 1.2.3? I'm going to use FLACs 16/44, 24/48, 24/88, 24/96 and 24/192. All my files all with proper Tags, I use them via uPnP with my LINN Majik DS without any problems. I would like to see every information from the files means artist name, title, album title, bitrate, frequency and of course the album cover.
- what I've read there is a problem with reading and showing the album covers from the taged files (FLACs). Can iBasso read it fromexternal jpg file which is put inthe same folder?
- what I assume I should buy the external 64G San Disc micro SDXC card and format is in FAT32? Is there any limitation to use it properly? Number of files, folders, lenght of names, files?

Thanks for your answers.

Best regards.

Sep 1, 2012 at 1:13 PM Post #7,642 of 13,503
Hi - Thanks for your suggestion.  I did retag the problematic files and then recopied using CopyInOrder but still no luck.  One thing I should mention that not all HD Tracks files have this issue.  One good example - Beethoven's Complete Symphonies - has many files going over multiple discs (with file renumbering starting over with each of the discs) plays in the proper order.  One of the problematic albums consists of a single disc with less then 10 tracks numbers 01 thru 0n (don't recall the exact number of tracks).  That leads me to believe that something else is going on here.  I could, of course, be missing something obvious!

Sep 1, 2012 at 3:05 PM Post #7,643 of 13,503
Quote:
Hi,
Hello ... I'm a new one here. I've just ordered iBasso DX100 and should get it next week. Therefore I'm trying to collect the whole possible knowledge. Because of young firmware I can see the situation not so well.
I've tried to read all of the posts ... it takes time.
I've got a few questions:
- which FW is better, 1.1.7 or 1.2.3? I'm going to use FLACs 16/44, 24/48, 24/88, 24/96 and 24/192. All my files all with proper Tags, I use them via uPnP with my LINN Majik DS without any problems. I would like to see every information from the files means artist name, title, album title, bitrate, frequency and of course the album cover.
- what I've read there is a problem with reading and showing the album covers from the taged files (FLACs). Can iBasso read it fromexternal jpg file which is put inthe same folder?
- what I assume I should buy the external 64G San Disc micro SDXC card and format is in FAT32? Is there any limitation to use it properly? Number of files, folders, lenght of names, files?
Thanks for your answers.
Best regards.

You are one lucky individual to have a LINN DS! I really really want one of those! May I ask what you paid for it?

Sep 1, 2012 at 3:28 PM Post #7,644 of 13,503
Listening to Cowboy Junkies, the Trinity Sessions, Wow, Pure excellence. Also I have no, zero hang-ups with my DX100. All the music plays fine, I can skip to any album I want, the art shows up, if there and I have Apple Lossless, FLAC, WAV and some hi rez WAV in 24/196 that is like a master recording. 

Sep 1, 2012 at 3:31 PM Post #7,645 of 13,503
You are one lucky individual to have a LINN DS! I really really want one of those! May I ask what you paid for it?

Hmmmm,

I bought this unit in very atractive price ... less than 2k EUR.
Excellent player, I could only recommend it. I own OPPO 95 either but LINN is much better.
I'm curious a comparison to DX100. I play files with my tube amplifier Unison Research S6 and 30 years old BBC speakers Harbeth monitors HL MkIII, sometimes with my Sens HD800 and dedicated tube amplifier Skorpion HV-1.

Regards.

Sep 1, 2012 at 7:43 PM Post #7,646 of 13,503
Quote:
So you are having problems with your itunes playlists working on the player? I use Mediamoney for the syncing. I also have all my playlists backed up in an easy to access location so the pain is done once I went through the process of creating each playlist. I got real tired of having computer issues and losing my playlists.

I have a Mac. Mediamonkey is only available for Windows.
frown.gif

Sep 1, 2012 at 8:44 PM Post #7,647 of 13,503
That sucks. For what its worth I use to use my iphone4 back before they released the new IOS. At that time I was able to sync my iphone with media money and it worked flawlessly. Then the update and nothing worked after that :frowning2:.

Sep 1, 2012 at 11:02 PM Post #7,649 of 13,503
Quote:
How do you get the dx100 to play all songs?
Atm. I can only play folder by folder.

When on the main player there is are 2 tabs at the very top of the screen. One on the left and one on the right. Click the one to the far let (it consists of 3 periods and 3 lines). Then you'll notice it gives you options such as "All Music/Directory/Playlists/Albums. You can also scroll to the left to see more options. But on "All Albums" give it a long press then select "Playall."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back