iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
Aug 8, 2012 at 9:09 AM Post #7,382 of 13,503
I installed an app called Advanced Task Killer, I have used it on phones before. You can have it add a widget to desktop that kills all apps, and it has an exclude list so you can let it keep the essentials running. This seems to help my player in a number of ways, responsiveness, it doesn't seem to get 'runaway hot', and also I do it before I put the player into 'suspend' mode and it seems to waste less battery. Might want to give something like that a shot. Available on the marketplace for free.

Aug 8, 2012 at 9:13 AM Post #7,383 of 13,503
Quote:
I installed an app called Advanced Task Killer, I have used it on phones before. You can have it add a widget to desktop that kills all apps, and it has an exclude list so you can let it keep the essentials running. This seems to help my player in a number of ways, responsiveness, it doesn't seem to get 'runaway hot', and also I do it before I put the player into 'suspend' mode and it seems to waste less battery. Might want to give something like that a shot. Available on the marketplace for free.

Or do like me - root the person and remove all the bloat like mail, calendar etc... 
wink.gif

Aug 8, 2012 at 9:52 AM Post #7,384 of 13,503
Quote:
Did so, but glitches remain. I have the latest firmware and a 64GB Card mounted (properly formatted, of course). Should I uninstall some stuff? So far I´m rather helpless...

I'm not sure why you are having issues. Maybe you can do a factory restore and see if it helps? All I know is that 1.2.3 seems to be less smooth than 1.1.7 so I'm gonna stick with that firmware. I only access my music via playlists and I noticed with 1.2.3 the screen wasn't nearly as slick as it was on the previous firmware. Plus the load times were taking longer, less responsive. Since I'm using the DX100 as a transport while using the amp I benefit from not having the crossfade effect nor a 5+ second delay between tracks. It's a win, win for me :). I'm wondering if your tags could be causing issues (tags that are cluttered with garbage).

Aug 8, 2012 at 10:00 AM Post #7,386 of 13,503
Quote:
How do you root it? Mind appears to be pretty fast as is but it would be pretty neat to have it filthy clean :wink:.

Pretty simple: http://www.head-fi.org/a/ibasso-dx100-faq
I added it to the FAQ, just scroll down a bit. The free version of Titanium backup should do fine for removing system apps as far as I remember. Just remember to do a full backup first and you'll be fine. I actually uninstalled Titanium Backup afterwards, but I didn't delete the folder containing my backup files. That way I can always reinstall, but won't have Titanium backup floating around on the DX100 since I only need to use it once. I have also installed ADW Launcher and removed all the home screens except one that just has three shortcuts: Music player, app drawer and settings. 

Aug 8, 2012 at 10:04 AM Post #7,387 of 13,503
Quote:
I added it to the FAQ, just scroll down a bit. The free version of Titanium backup should do fine for removing system apps as far as I remember. Just remember to do a full backup first and you'll be fine. I actually uninstalled Titanium Backup afterwards, but I didn't delete the folder containing my backup files. That way I can always reinstall, but won't have Titanium backup floating around on the DX100 since I only need to use it once. I have also installed ADW Launcher and removed all the home screens except one that just has three shortcuts: Music player, app drawer and settings. 

Could there be a shortcut to playlists? Pretty much that is all I need. The main player and playlists :).

Aug 8, 2012 at 10:14 PM Post #7,388 of 13,503
Quote:

Sweetness, I will be doing this!

Aug 9, 2012 at 2:11 AM Post #7,389 of 13,503
For any European DX100 owners (like me) Amazon.co.uk has a pretty nice deal on the Sandisk 64gb card: 
http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B007JTKM30/ref=ox_ya_os_product

I just caved in and ordered mine, even got free delivery to Denmark. 128 gigs of storage will be NICE! I hit the ceiling yesterday where I wanted to add new music but couldn't find anything to delete. Damn these first world problems!

Aug 9, 2012 at 12:39 PM Post #7,395 of 13,503
Quote:

Very nice!  I just heard that my JH3a / 16Pros are shipping next week so I'm really excited to hear that pairing with the DX100 - just hope that the Whiplash cables arrive in time too
L3000.gif

Congrats.....another set up I would like to hear thoughts about
ksc75smile.gif
!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back