iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
Aug 6, 2012 at 11:34 PM Post #7,351 of 13,503
Sooo, I'm hoping to be able to buy the dx100 soon, and I've been wondering about a few things. I'll just ask the questions: can it be operated while it is charging? And while this is not vital, it would be nice occasionaly: does it have any native video support? Well, so far that is all, I had thought a few other questions but can't remember them now.
Thanks!

Aug 6, 2012 at 11:58 PM Post #7,352 of 13,503
Quote:
Sooo, I'm hoping to be able to buy the dx100 soon, and I've been wondering about a few things. I'll just ask the questions: can it be operated while it is charging? And while this is not vital, it would be nice occasionaly: does it have any native video support? Well, so far that is all, I had thought a few other questions but can't remember them now.
Thanks!

The DX 100 can be operated when being charged or left plugged in with little to no detrimental effects sonically.

I have never played videos on the DX100 but am sure it has some support, need to go into the gallery to find the native player. Otherwise just go to google play and download the MX player. But in all honesty, the screen sucks for videos....

Aug 7, 2012 at 12:02 AM Post #7,353 of 13,503
Quote:

The DX 100 can be operated when being charged or left plugged in with little to no detrimental effects sonically.

I have never played videos on the DX100 but am sure it has some support, need to go into the gallery to find the native player. Otherwise just go to google play and download the MX player. But in all honesty, the screen sucks for videos....

Does your unit heat up at times when charging Spkrs? It's pretty strange and obviously a problem. At certain times I can charge the player and listen to music and it will produce barely any heat. Then other times it will get quite hot. I'm at a lose why this happens but there are inconsistencies here and hopefully ibasso can fix that being that the player can charge at times or be plugged in on a full charge and not heat up significantly.

Aug 7, 2012 at 12:26 AM Post #7,354 of 13,503
Quote:
Does your unit heat up at times when charging Spkrs? It's pretty strange and obviously a problem. At certain times I can charge the player and listen to music and it will produce barely any heat. Then other times it will get quite hot. I'm at a lose why this happens but there are inconsistencies here and hopefully ibasso can fix that being that the player can charge at times or be plugged in on a full charge and not heat up significantly.

Just charging, a little warm but when playing music....Very Warm and this is with air con permanently on. However, I am not too worried as it gets even warmer, disturbingly so, when I am out and about with the DX100.

Aug 7, 2012 at 12:32 AM Post #7,355 of 13,503
Well lets hope that this won't lead to premature failures in the near future...
rolleyes.gif

Aug 7, 2012 at 3:05 AM Post #7,357 of 13,503
Hmm, I haven't fiddled around enough with the higher bit rate songs to determine this. I thought the battery was causing all the heat. The fact is though that there's an inconsistency here so I'm not sure if the DX100 should really be running as hot as it does and then not exhibit this behavior at other times. I know the unit will get rather hot while in my pocket but when it is on the table and properly ventilated....

Aug 7, 2012 at 3:21 AM Post #7,358 of 13,503
I finally got around to the new update.  Player froze up quite a bit while building the directory (I'm assuming that was what it was doing).  Took a few shut downs and long waits to sort out, the last of which I forced closed the app and selected the music icon from the directory and no problems since...  maybe should have tried this earlier.  An improvement on album art recognition, however, you still have to play a track from the album for it to recognize which is a pain in the ass when you are carrying 125+GB of albums and add/subtract on a regular basis.  For those that use "album art downloader" I still don't think it carries over after making changes.  I don't mind this as it reminds me that I need to retag certain albums in my home library.  Haven't listened to it since the update so will have to post later.

I like the fact that Ibasso continues to update the UI even if they are just baby steps.

I was on a plane last week and everyone kept asking the guy in the other aisle what the heck he had plugged into his iPod, no one asked me anything regarding my DX100...kind of nice.

Aug 7, 2012 at 3:23 AM Post #7,359 of 13,503
Quote:
I finally got around to the new update.  Player froze up quite a bit while building the directory (I'm assuming that was what it was doing).  Took a few shut downs and long waits to sort out, the last of which I forced closed the app and selected the music icon from the directory and no problems since...  maybe should have tried this earlier.  An improvement on album art recognition, however, you still have to play a track from the album for it to recognize which is a pain in the ass when you are carrying 125+GB of albums and add/subtract on a regular basis.  For those that use "album art downloader" I still don't think it carries over after making changes.  I don't mind this as it reminds me that I need to retag certain albums in my home library.  Haven't listened to it since the update so will have to post later.

I like the fact that Ibasso continues to update the UI even if they are just baby steps.

I was on a plane last week and everyone kept asking the guy in the other aisle what the heck he had plugged into his iPod, no one asked me anything regarding my DX100...kind of nice.

Hmm strange I don't seem to have that issue of having to select from album in order to see my album art? I select from playlists then click the secondary players album art screen which takes me to the main player. Then the album art shows up.

Aug 7, 2012 at 4:09 AM Post #7,361 of 13,503
Quote:

Hmm strange I don't seem to have that issue of having to select from album in order to see my album art? I select from playlists then click the secondary players album art screen which takes me to the main player. Then the album art shows up.

Same for me, although no playlists for me........I think it really is a matter of how the music was tagged originally

Aug 7, 2012 at 4:32 AM Post #7,362 of 13,503
About the battery, yes it seems to me that choosing high resolution in SRC will produce more heat and lessen the battery time, although it seems will produce better sound...

For the album art, I am using mp3tag to tag the album arts for all my flacs and the album art can be shown no matter I choose to play the songs from album/directory/playlist.

Aug 7, 2012 at 4:56 AM Post #7,364 of 13,503
I have gone full circle with the DX100.......I am again preferring using the unit with headphones than IEMs  on the latest update. 

With EQ. on (blue dots lit), gain on medium and Volume 238, the DX100 sounds incredible with the HD800. Stunning clarity with a bass that has weight and great texturing!  It is the bass with IEM that has been giving me second thoughts of whether to go back to 1.1.7 as I was finding it sound somewhat muffled.

Update 1.2.3 is staying on my DX100 due to the stunning synergy with the HD800

Aug 7, 2012 at 5:01 AM Post #7,365 of 13,503
Quote:
I have gone full circle with the DX100.......I am again preferring using the unit with headphones than IEMs  on the latest update. 

With EQ. on (blue dots lit), gain on medium and Volume 238, the DX100 sounds incredible with the HD800. Stunning clarity with a bass that has weight and great texturing!  It is the bass with IEM that has been giving me second thoughts of whether to go back to 1.1.7 as I was finding it sound somewhat muffled.

Update 1.2.3 is staying on my DX100 due to the stunning synergy with the HD800

Which IEMs were you using with the DX100 when you experienced the bass problems on 1.2.3? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back