iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
Aug 3, 2012 at 10:12 AM Post #7,321 of 13,503
Generally no. Funny part is although the device is plugged in at 100% charge it is not producing much heat at all, even while connected to the UHA6 MKII. But keep in mind the velcro is actually elevating the devices from each other so they are not touching. So I don't see it as an issue at all and rather a benefit to prevent heat transfer and scratching.

Aug 4, 2012 at 4:46 AM Post #7,323 of 13,503
Quote:
Heads up folks.....Ibasso have just informed me of new firmware that will be up Monday/Tuesday next week! This one cures the number bleed box issue, don't know if it fixes anything else
smily_headphones1.gif

Would most probably pass on this update..... I don't think I will have more than 1000 songs playing on my dx100 and I am quite happy with 1.2.3 now. Really don't want too many shocking experience over this short period of time.... 
redface.gif

Aug 4, 2012 at 6:03 AM Post #7,324 of 13,503
Quote:

Would most probably pass on this update..... I don't think I will have more than 1000 songs playing on my dx100 and I am quite happy with 1.2.3 now. Really don't want too many shocking experience over this short period of time.... 
redface.gif

+1.  If that's all that it's doing then there's nothing there for me.  I'm guessing that there may be more to it because I'm not sure that they would release new firmware with just that one fix in it.

Aug 4, 2012 at 6:22 AM Post #7,325 of 13,503
I would love it if they will fixed the EQ.......I am not sure, if the default Android settings of boasted bass and trebles, was a requirement of accommodating PowerAmp to work again on the DX100?

Aug 4, 2012 at 6:21 PM Post #7,327 of 13,503
Has any one else experienced this problem ? I even emailed ibasso  a while back and
but got no response .

On Firmware 1.1.7 , when my 32 GB lexar class 10 is inserted i lose/dont see alot
of my files on internal memory . This was nt always the case tho

Are there any fixes for it ?

Cheers

Aug 4, 2012 at 11:47 PM Post #7,328 of 13,503
Try clearing the data on the Media Storage and Music Player Processes. Then restart your player and let it index your music again. Wait about 5 to 10 minutes and that may solve your issues.

Aug 5, 2012 at 1:48 AM Post #7,329 of 13,503
Quote:
Has any one else experienced this problem ? I even emailed ibasso  a while back and
but got no response .

On Firmware 1.1.7 , when my 32 GB lexar class 10 is inserted i lose/dont see alot
of my files on internal memory . This was nt always the case tho

Are there any fixes for it ?

Cheers

Yes, I've had this happen a couple of times with a card installed. Pretty disconcerting the first time it happened. I cured it by shutting the player down and then restarting. Everything was there again when I accessed my music on the internal memory.

I find bugs are most likely to occur straight after I've had the player connected to the computer to transfer some music across. Something weird almost always happens. One common one is that when I try and access my new music the more sophisticated player crashes and I'm suddenly back listening to something that I'd listened to some time previously. But once it's settled down and been restarted a couple of times it works far more reliably.

My Westone 4Rs have arrived. Took about an hour for the sound to open out properly, especially the bass, but really enjoying them now. Finding them very neutral and natural sounding, but involving and transparent too. A good match with the DX100.

Is there any way to get rid of the fade in? It's driving me crazy.

Aug 5, 2012 at 2:22 AM Post #7,330 of 13,503
After transfering new files, make sure you wait until the "Media" process stops before trying to access the player 
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 5, 2012 at 2:24 AM Post #7,331 of 13,503
Upgrade to 1.2.3 but you will have 5 to 8 second pauses when you manually change tracks. You may not like how the sound sounds without EQ. It sounds boosted without EQ while 1.1.7 sounds very nice without EQ.

Edit: OMG. I am loving the Coaxil out to my UHA6MKII. I've switched back to OP 209 again and man I must say this is sounding more to my liking now. The plus with the Coaxil is I can put the DX100 internal amp to 0 to extend battery life. Plus when leaving it in once fully charged the heat is still greatly reduced. It is just slightly warm. I still feel there is an issue there though. Because I've been able to have the unit plugged in before and the DX100 was completely cold to the touch. So obviously there is something going on with the sleep feature that ibasso needs to address or they will have several warranty claims down the road.

Aug 5, 2012 at 4:02 PM Post #7,332 of 13,503
Quote:
Try clearing the data on the Media Storage and Music Player Processes. Then restart your player and let it index your music again. Wait about 5 to 10 minutes and that may solve your issues.

Tnx mate . Do you mean i should delete all music on my internal and external SD card ?
Quote:
Yes, I've had this happen a couple of times with a card installed. Pretty disconcerting the first time it happened. I cured it by shutting the player down and then restarting. Everything was there again when I accessed my music on the internal memory.

I find bugs are most likely to occur straight after I've had the player connected to the computer to transfer some music across. Something weird almost always happens. One common one is that when I try and access my new music the more sophisticated player crashes and I'm suddenly back listening to something that I'd listened to some time previously. But once it's settled down and been restarted a couple of times it works far more reliably.

My Westone 4Rs have arrived. Took about an hour for the sound to open out properly, especially the bass, but really enjoying them now. Finding them very neutral and natural sounding, but involving and transparent too. A good match with the DX100.

Tnx mate for your reply . ive tried that but will try again . Its driving me nuts

Aug 5, 2012 at 7:54 PM Post #7,333 of 13,503
Quote:
Tnx mate . Do you mean i should delete all music on my internal and external SD card ?

Tnx mate for your reply . ive tried that but will try again . Its driving me nuts

No go into Settings/Application/Running Services/All. Scroll to Media Storage Process and click on it. Chose clear data. Do the same for the Music Process. Click it and chose clear data. Then shut down the player and restart it. Let it boot up and index all your music as if you had done so for the first time. Give it up to 10 minutes I'd say. You will know when it is done when the Media Storage Process disappears from "Running Services".

Aug 5, 2012 at 8:49 PM Post #7,334 of 13,503
Quote:

upgrade to 1.2.3 as lee730 said

Quote:
Upgrade to 1.2.3 but you will have 5 to 8 second pauses when you manually change tracks.

its around 3-4 seconds for me. i counted haha. i guess the pause is better than the fade-in for me

Aug 5, 2012 at 9:27 PM Post #7,335 of 13,503
Quote:

upgrade to 1.2.3 as lee730 said

its around 3-4 seconds for me. i counted haha. i guess the pause is better than the fade-in for me

Not sure why mine takes longer. Could be due to the imbedded album art or tags. I also have a lot of music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back