iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
Aug 7, 2012 at 5:06 AM Post #7,367 of 13,503
Im loving mine with full size cans. I have an old set of K701s which are back in play while I look for my next set of hi-end cans. The K701s are quite gutless and hard to drive but honestly, they sound the best Ive ever heard coming out of my DX100/RX3B with bass slam. Im looking at some LCD2/3s in a few weeks time to go with this combo and my current desktop rig. Really getting into my music lately listening to a great setup whether in my office with the door closed or at home reading/surfing.

Aug 7, 2012 at 5:13 AM Post #7,368 of 13,503
Quote:

W4 recabled, 535, 20BA and Hybrid DD with 2 BA

I have zero issuses with the bass on 1.2.3 using my Heir Audio 8.A. Just stays tight, punchy and controlled. I'll try the Heir 3.Ai and 4.Ai when they arrive on thursday 
smile.gif

Aug 7, 2012 at 5:14 AM Post #7,369 of 13,503
Quote:
I have zero issuses with the bass on 1.2.3 using my Heir Audio 8.A. Just stays tight, punchy and controlled. I'll try the Heir 3.Ai and 4.Ai when they arrive on thursday 
smile.gif

Please let me have your thoughts on the the universal Heirs!!!

PM me or otherwise....thanks you  in advance mate!

Aug 7, 2012 at 5:15 AM Post #7,370 of 13,503
A quick question. Is it possible to run Spotify on the DX100 (and successfully sync playlists into offline mode with Spotify Premium)?

Aug 7, 2012 at 8:55 AM Post #7,372 of 13,503
Quote:
Spotify works ok and you can sync for offline. Just remember to go into spotify settings and set the quality to the highest available.

Of course... Is "Extreme (320 kbit)" available on the DX100 with the current firmware? Or just "normal" (92) and "high" (160)?

Aug 7, 2012 at 11:54 AM Post #7,374 of 13,503
Quote:

Hmm strange I don't seem to have that issue of having to select from album in order to see my album art? I select from playlists then click the secondary players album art screen which takes me to the main player. Then the album art shows up.

I was only referring to initial start up after making some directory changes (adding/deleting albums).  Once the album art is recognized it shows up consistently, until of course I have to make changes and than once again I need to access the file (play a track) for the art to populate.

Have any of you been able to make changes and than go back into your album directory and see all of the album art before playing any music?  I use MP3tag for all of my mp3 and FLAC files.  Also, is album art dowloaded from "album art downloader" (free version) still being recognized after making some changes?

Aug 8, 2012 at 7:06 AM Post #7,377 of 13,503
Interesting find guys. Since I've been using Coaxil out to my UHA6MKII I'm noticing when switching tracks manually there is no fade (1.1.7) in and the song begins from the very beginning instantly. There is a very small pop but nothing major at all :).

Aug 8, 2012 at 8:30 AM Post #7,378 of 13,503
Maybe a silly question:

When listening to music (through poweramp or standard player) I get interruptions (glitches) here and then at unpredictable intervals. Sometimes music plays constantly, too.

Looks like there are other processes occupying the CPU sometimes. Can this be stopped? Can I do something like UNIX "ps -ef; kill -9 xxx"?

I have three other apps installed: poweramp, quickpic and youtube,

Aug 8, 2012 at 8:34 AM Post #7,379 of 13,503
Quote:
Maybe a silly question:

When listening to music (through poweramp or standard player) I get interruptions (glitches) here and then at unpredictable intervals. Sometimes music plays constantly, too.

Looks like there are other processes occupying the CPU sometimes. Can this be stopped? Can I do something like UNIX "ps -ef; kill -9 xxx"?

I have three other apps installed: poweramp, quickpic and youtube,

Go to running services and close all but Power Amp and android keyboard. If you are using the stock music player then force close power amp and leave only the music player and android keyboard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back