iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
May 1, 2012 at 7:41 AM Post #5,656 of 13,503

Quote:

Quote:

I use media monkey to make playlists and point the m3u files to a folder of my choosing for permanent archival as I will not go through this BS of creating playlists again. Only when I'm adding will I do this. Then after I set up medimonkey auto sync where it syncs the playlists just as they would appear in the directory (making it very easy to add and remove files on the fly).

Whats nice about the playlists is that they will be in the order of your choosing regardless of the file number.
Also if its not to difficult could you post a screen shot of some of your files in Mp3tag for me to see. That could help me help you out.

When you do a factory reset it will not delete your music BTW. Are you intending to do a complete format as well?

Yes, complete format.

Just got her HD tracks days ago...nice collection....

May 1, 2012 at 7:43 AM Post #5,657 of 13,503
Good but theres a couple more things you could do to tidy up (not saying this will help for sure but it could). There is a method where you can have your File name changed to reflect both the file number and the file title. You can do this all on the fly, instantly within MP3tag.

Making it very neat example 02 Mega Madness instead of  2- Michael Sembello megamadness special edition.

Paste "%track% %title%" in "tag - fileanme" and apply and this button will do all the work to the files you've hi-lighted.

Also consider removing Composer. I find it to be clutter and not necessary.

May 1, 2012 at 7:52 AM Post #5,659 of 13,503

Quote:

Quote:

Hmm wonder if I have that album... Hint hint :wink:.

So now I decided to stick with the EQ off, but the bass sounds muddy, or is it  placebo or my ears got used to the EQ?
You should have that Album, its a wonderful recording that "KI__KI" recommended me.....
blink.gif
..to get..

May 1, 2012 at 8:47 AM Post #5,660 of 13,503
... What I did was have mp3tag read v3.2 v3.1 and have it remove v3.2. Then you remove all the tags. Then click undo....

That's clever! I have been using Mp3tag to remove tags on problem albums and then rebuilding them from freedb or from scratch. This is a much better method.

... Also ibasso likes my idea of allowing for the swipe feature on the main player to take you back to your last screen (playlist/Directory) and may very well implement this in the next update....

This would be great. I'd also like a quick way one-button way to get back to the player when I'm deep in the layers of folders and albums. I know you can hit home screen and then tap the player widget ...but I'm even more lazy than that. :xf_eek:

This one, with the LACO, is of my favourite albums. Excellent stuff!

May 1, 2012 at 8:55 AM Post #5,661 of 13,503

Quote:
That's clever! I have been using Mp3tag to remove tags on problem albums and then rebuilding them from freedb or from scratch. This is a much better method.
This would be great. I'd also like a quick way one-button way to get back to the player when I'm deep in the layers of folders and albums. I know you can hit home screen and then tap the player widget ...but I'm even more lazy than that.
redface.gif

Thanks :). I use to do what you did and I was getting really pissed lol. I was like, "this is BS there must be a faster way to do this in this program". Only took a few minutes to figure it out when I set my mind to it.

I'm not really sure how the widget works but I just want to press one button and be done with it. Since those 2 side screens aren't being used for anything I don't see why ibasso can't put them to use. Maybe the other screen could be used to pull up the EQ menu :wink:.

May 1, 2012 at 10:55 AM Post #5,662 of 13,503

To mark this post #, I thought I'd mention that this morning I've been breaking in the D7K's using the DX and this:

The resonance and full body of the strings sounds sinfully good. I think the DX is in fact a very good choice for classical (and romantic, and baroque) ; brilliant sound stage, musical but still detailed, great imaging.

"Black as the devil, hot as hell, pure as an angel, sweet as love." -Charles Maurice de Talleyrand (well okay, he was talking about coffee ... but only because he was too slow to get in on the second batch of DX100s)

:evil:

May 1, 2012 at 11:19 AM Post #5,663 of 13,503

Just recieved mine :), wow cant believe how fast it traveled to the UK.

Just loading some music on now, can wait for the full amount so just poping on a few to give me something to listen to. Very nice box it comes in, reminds me of an expensive watch box.

May 1, 2012 at 11:41 AM Post #5,664 of 13,503
Yep. That's what spurred my latest acquisition last week. I've been admiring them for years - but now it's do or ... well not die, but ...

\

< shudder >

Haven't seen this Denon headphones before. What model is it?

May 1, 2012 at 11:43 AM Post #5,665 of 13,503

Quote:
To mark this post #, I thought I'd mention that this morning I've been breaking in the D7K's using the DX and this:

The resonance and full body of the strings sounds sinfully good. I think the DX is in fact a very good choice for classical (and romantic, and baroque) ; brilliant sound stage, musical but still detailed, great imaging.
"Black as the devil, hot as hell, pure as an angel, sweet as love." -Charles Maurice de Talleyrand (well okay, he was talking about coffee ... but only because he was too slow to get in on the second batch of DX100s)
evil_smiley.gif

I am downloading it right now. I look forward to giving it a listen. From the sample, it sounds like some very nice violin contrasts and dynamics. Thanks for the tip. The download speed is much better than that of HD Tracks. 

Very nice full sound and resonance. Not something you need to play very loud. 

May 1, 2012 at 1:12 PM Post #5,666 of 13,503

Quote:
Good but theres a couple more things you could do to tidy up (not saying this will help for sure but it could). There is a method where you can have your File name changed to reflect both the file number and the file title. You can do this all on the fly, instantly within MP3tag.

Making it very neat example 02 Mega Madness instead of  2- Michael Sembello megamadness special edition.

Paste "%track% %title%" in "tag - fileanme" and apply and this button will do all the work to the files you've hi-lighted.

Also consider removing Composer. I find it to be clutter and not necessary.

So , how do you convert tag 3.2 to 3.1 with mp3 tag?

EDIT : OK, got it , but what about APE in tags read? write?remove? and what difference does it make (esp. for the DX100)?

May 1, 2012 at 2:31 PM Post #5,667 of 13,503
This would be great. I'd also like a quick way one-button way to get back to the player when I'm deep in the layers of folders and albums. I know you can hit home screen and then tap the player widget ...but I'm even more lazy than that. :xf_eek:

Tap "Settings" then "Exit". That will return you to the home screen (basic player)

May 1, 2012 at 4:36 PM Post #5,669 of 13,503
Haven't seen this Denon headphones before. What model is it?

These are the replacements for the newly discontinued Denon 7000. I apologize for posting that pic and recommend a light saline solution to anyone who feels the need to cleanse their eyes. :eek:

I am downloading it right now. I look forward to giving it a listen. From the sample, it sounds like some very nice violin contrasts and dynamics. Thanks for the tip. The download speed is much better than that of HD Tracks. 

Very nice full sound and resonance. Not something you need to play very loud. 

It's a great album. I listened to it non-stop two and half times this morning. Hope you enjoyed it as much. These Denons are wonderful with stringed instruments. Very chuffed about the decision to grab them ... especially considering what they can be had for at the moment.

Tap "Settings" then "Exit". That will return you to the home screen (basic player)

Settings does nothing for me when I'm in the browsing part of the stock player. Hitting Home takes me back to the basic version and then I tap the screen to open the full version of the player. It's no biggie, but I wish you could go straight back to the full player from anywhere in the browser with a single tap/swipe.

May 1, 2012 at 5:37 PM Post #5,670 of 13,503
Quote:
Dannybai do what we are doing. Use a 1/4 adapter to hook your IEMs into. I also feel the 1/4 jack sounds slightly better than the 3.5 so that's another possible benefit for you. Basically when you know you are gonna resume from sleep just disconnect your IEMs from the adapter (leaving the 1/4 plug inside your DX100). This will greatly reduce wear on the DX100 (putting all the wear on that easily replaceable 1/4 adapter) and eliminate the risk of you damaging your IEMs.

Then again food-for-thought, is your DX100 popping when it goes into sleep? It may be better to disconnect them even before going into sleep mode. I don't care what anyone says about those pops being non-lethal to an IEM. For me that doesn't sound good at all and sounds like it will damage the IEM in the long run.

When the DX100 goes to sleep, I don't hear much, but then a few minutes into sleep mode, I hear a brief hiss then I know it's in deep sleep.  After that, if I turn it back on, the pop is much more pronounced like when you turn it on and off.  The small pops and cracks when the player is on and going through the menus aren't that big of a deal.  I'll try the 1/4 plug trick.  Thanks for the feedback.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back