iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
Mar 29, 2012 at 8:41 PM Post #3,181 of 13,503

Quote:
Lots of tracks showed noise never heard it before.

Detail and resolution that I have been harking on about, it is so addictive!

What amazes me more about the DX100 is that, the current wave or in the last 5 years of mainstream recordings where they are engineered to sound, loud and compressed dynamically. Albums, that I have avoided listening to like the plague due to sibilance, compression and the seemingly phenomenon, the trait of the soundstage collapsing into itself when the song goes in to climax mode have all sounded pretty awesome on the iBasso
L3000.gif
!

The same said albums that used to sound awful and very flat on the Cowon X7 sounds wonderful on the DX100. No disrespect to the X7, after all, it is very comparable to iPods, Walkmans etc. For me, it is down to the detail retrieval prowess of the DX100, the resolving power and the expansive soundstage that it can recreate. Now everything within the soundstage has its own place without having instruments being on top of one another and creating a sound which was like distortion at climaxes in the song.

It seems to me, that my whole library of music is brand new as I am listening to albums that are mainstream and sounding excellent! 

Leona Lewis hasn't sounded so good in months!!! The purity of her tone is a highlight for me
ksc75smile.gif

Mar 29, 2012 at 9:12 PM Post #3,182 of 13,503
Try and get a listen to "These Days" on the album, It All Starts With This One (2011) by Ane Brun. 

Serious rumble on this song, with real instruments and the swirling drums are delicious!!!

Quote:

Nice call. Tested the LCD-2s with this one. It had me checking to see who the hell was tapping on the wall.

The DX100 is wonderful for letting the character of the headphones shine through. The T1 have great sound stage, the LCDs sound crystal clear - eerily so.

After a quick AB I'm wondering about the fate of my Lyr now.....

I am absolutely loving this player.

Mar 29, 2012 at 9:42 PM Post #3,183 of 13,503
Got mine...charged for awhile (how do you know the charging is done...does the green light on the charger go out?).  Loading music now...it's taking around an hour to load my 29 gb of music to the internal memory.  I just dropped my music folder into the root directory...hopefully it doesn't need to be in the "sd card" folder.

Mar 29, 2012 at 9:46 PM Post #3,184 of 13,503

Quote:
Got mine...charged for awhile (how do you know the charging is done...does the green light on the charger go out?).  Loading music now...it's taking around an hour to load my 29 gb of music to the internal memory.  I just dropped my music folder into the root directory...hopefully it doesn't need to be in the "sd card" folder.

Get a battery widget would be the best advice with multi-detail other wise the battery icon is rather small on the DX100 to notice that it is fully charged. Just a thought!

Mar 29, 2012 at 9:55 PM Post #3,185 of 13,503
Another oddity...I have 64 bit Windows 7...when I first plugged inthe DX100 via USB, Windows told me that the driver for it had failed to load.  A screen popped up showing 6 or more recognized components associated with the DX100, with the DX100 itself listed as "not installed".  However, it popped up as a drive letter and everything seems to work so far.  That's the first time I've ever seen that with the 100+ other USB devices I've used. 

Mar 29, 2012 at 10:01 PM Post #3,186 of 13,503

Quote:
Another oddity...I have 64 bit Windows 7...when I first plugged inthe DX100 via USB, Windows told me that the driver for it had failed to load.  A screen popped up showing 6 or more recognized components associated with the DX100, with the DX100 itself listed as "not installed".  However, it popped up as a drive letter and everything seems to work so far.  That's the first time I've ever seen that with the 100+ other USB devices I've used. 

I have the same OS, dont really need to install drivers but eventually W7 will find some LOL.

Just treat the DX100 as a SD card(external memory)

Mar 29, 2012 at 10:03 PM Post #3,187 of 13,503
Finally got my DX100 in the mail today! I find it quite slow in loading music onto it. I can only get a max write speed of around 8 MB/s. It's a little larger than expected but at the same time lighter than expected.

Mar 29, 2012 at 10:45 PM Post #3,188 of 13,503
Just got mine today as well and loaded some songs.

I notice that the iBasso player lists the songs on an album in reversed order.
This was reported as a bug before on another thread.

Do you know if this is supposed to be fixed already? Any workaround?

I almost always listen to songs in the original order.

Mar 29, 2012 at 11:05 PM Post #3,189 of 13,503

The SD CARD folder IS the internal music storage folder.

Mar 29, 2012 at 11:06 PM Post #3,190 of 13,503
I was looking at the settings on the DX100 and I saw it has 2 different settings for a filter. What is it? i changed it and there was a slight difference in the sound.

Mar 29, 2012 at 11:19 PM Post #3,191 of 13,503

Quote:
Thank you Lee730.Does the pop goes away or fade after the burn in time?

I doubt it. You just have to power the unit on then after its fully on plug in your IEMS or headphones. Then before powering off, unplug your headphones/IEMs. Its not a big deal IMO since basically all my audiophile DAPs do it one way or another. Only the iphone and Sansa fuze don't do this. The Studio V has a slight crackle but very small. I still unplug it anyways to ensure no harm is done.

Mar 29, 2012 at 11:42 PM Post #3,192 of 13,503
So obvious - take out the device that will cause you to hear that pop, or lower the volume before turning off/on, or keep listening to the music.

Quote:
I doubt it. You just have to power the unit on then after its fully on plug in your IEMS or headphones. Then before powering off, unplug your headphones/IEMs. Its not a big deal IMO since basically all my audiophile DAPs do it one way or another. Only the iphone and Sansa fuze don't do this. The Studio V has a slight crackle but very small. I still unplug it anyways to ensure no harm is done.

Mar 29, 2012 at 11:45 PM Post #3,193 of 13,503

Quote:
So obvious - take out the device that will cause you to hear that pop, or lower the volume before turning off/on, or keep listening to the music.

Lowering the volume before turning on/off has no impact on the loudness of the pop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back