iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
Mar 28, 2012 at 1:07 PM Post #3,016 of 13,503
... d/L the app   "cover art downloader"...this is the best one.

Run it, and it get as many of the album art as possible....

Brilliant. Thank you, will give it a try this evening..... hopefully - supposed to pick up my DX in an hour or two.

I wouldn't worry too much about spelling. If 50% of native English speakers would spell and type as coherently, the interwebs would be a much more bearable place.

Mar 28, 2012 at 1:43 PM Post #3,018 of 13,503
Does the removable storage mount as 64gb in windows/mac OS?  Wonder if it can be reformatted.  That is odd.

Mar 28, 2012 at 1:57 PM Post #3,019 of 13,503
Website, inter alia

- 64G Onboard Flash
- Support up to 32G External MicroSD

as per the website, which leaves a clear impression that irrespective of the external storage, there is 64gb.

It is extremely odd that iBasso are communicating this information yet leaving the website untouched.

They need to resolve the issue.

Mar 28, 2012 at 2:02 PM Post #3,020 of 13,503
32gb onboard storage? That isn't what I'm buying.
Perhaps those who have already received theirs (batch 2) can confirm what their devices can hold. Rather more important than a case, perhaps?

The preliminary specifications for the DX100 listed 32GB internal storage, but that was later updated to 64GB.

My DX100 showed 64GB internal storage. Keep in mind that the internal storage of the DX100 is listed under "SDcard" in the root folder which is rather confusing, as one would think that referred to the removable card.

I tried renaming it to "Internal Storage" but my efforts were unsuccessful. iBasso said that it was part of the Android system and could not be renamed.

Mar 28, 2012 at 2:04 PM Post #3,021 of 13,503
The preliminary specifications for the DX100 listed 32GB internal storage, but that was later updated to 64GB.

My DX100 showed 64GB internal storage. Keep in mind that the internal storage of the DX100 is listed under
"SDcard" in the root folder which is rather confusing, as one would think that referred to the removable card.

I tried renaming it to "Internal Storage" but my efforts were unsuccessful. iBasso said that it was part of the Android system and could not be renamed.

Thanks for the clarification.

Mar 28, 2012 at 2:06 PM Post #3,022 of 13,503

Quote:
No this is not the LOCK SCREEN...this is the home screen. So still need to unlock first! the app for the buttons is called    "Media Buttons"  there is also a fast fwd and fast reverse buttons that I don't use. It is a theme, but I chose a black background from an app called    "Colours"

Rock Widget Locker and you can put it on the lockscreen

Quote:
Nevermind the CPU speed- the iBasso webpage says -64gb ONBOARD FLASH-
I sincerely hope iBasso are honoring that. I didn't pay $765 for a 32gb flac player...

Yeah, I don't think those specs are correct. I really want to know what kind of processor is ACTUALLY in the device, not just the clock speed, but the actual processor.

Mar 28, 2012 at 2:54 PM Post #3,027 of 13,503
Thanks for confirming '64gb' onboard, spkrs01 & Pudu,

I'm looking forward to mine (hopefully) turning up tomorrow, DHL permitting...

Maybe I should spend the rest of today ripping CDs..? :)

Mar 28, 2012 at 3:14 PM Post #3,028 of 13,503

Quote:
Gonna need details ....quickly, before Turock starts yelling again.

Been doing some shopping, missed a lot...how..where what happened ?...somebody answers me..Please

Mar 28, 2012 at 3:27 PM Post #3,029 of 13,503

Quote:
Mine shows the same.

congrats.
frown.gif

Mar 28, 2012 at 3:40 PM Post #3,030 of 13,503
Mine has 64gbs as well.

It's still not reading flac tags at all but thankfully I took the time to create gnre folders with sub folders of artists/composers, and sub folders within those folders with album/piece. Going into the main player's music list, there's a tab named Directory which allows you to view your songs as organized by folders.
I think I like this way better than trying to find each artist/album in the default song list.

Some software flaws:

- When you go back from a specific album to all albums, selection goes back to the top, which is annoying if you have hundreds of albums and you're tryin to get to an album starting with letter Z.
- If the name of the album/song/artist is too long, it will only show the first certain amount of letters and then '...' This is expected, but without some method of displaying the whole length of the name, such as the title sliding across horizontally to the left showing you the whole name, general song selection becomes extremely difficult (I.e. I cannot distinguish between Mozart Violin Concerto No. 21 and Mozart Violin Concerto No. 24 because they're cut off with '...')
- Flac and aiff tags are not recognized at all.
- Ability to add songs to playlist is limited to either adding each song individually, or by a list displaying every single song inside the dap by alphabetical order.
- There's no ability to skip to a certain letter in the large list.
- No way to display songs by composer.

Bugs:
- I left Sorenslim's burn in track playing overnighting when I tried playing a normal song this morning, the playback speed was doubled. I had to restart the device for it to return back to normal.

I hope these get fixed over time.

I'm usually a grammar and spelling nazi but I'm on my iPhone right now so please forgive all these inexcusable mistakes. (will fix later on computer --Mild case of OCD lol)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back