iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
Jan 26, 2012 at 9:22 AM Post #241 of 13,503

Quote:
The coax out as I posted last night is terrific, it's a nice source.  Using the JH's DAC over the ibasso's would make me sad.

Thanks for the response,Due to the Jh3a DSP  setup it sounds better using the coax in then the analog in. I plan on ordering the DX100 as soon as Ibasso opens up the preorder.
I will give the lineout a try as well.When Is the chinese new year over?

Jan 26, 2012 at 10:00 AM Post #242 of 13,503

Quote:

The drainage is normal, as it is unable to charge thru usb and you are using its own power while accessing it thru PC, please update us when you finish comparing it to the Neutron.

I did some tests over a bus ride with my customs. My take on this is that the stock ibasso player sounds better. The sound stage seems to be wider and the little details are better presented on the stock player compared to the Neutron. I am still a budding audiophile, so I hope some more experienced member can do the same test.

edit: I just remember I bought poweramp too. Might give it a spin tomorrow.

Jan 26, 2012 at 11:24 AM Post #244 of 13,503
I am going on the 3rd day for the DX100 and the bass has changed. I can see, that for me, comparing this unit too soon will not mean anything. The bass has become stronger in impact and songs have more bloom to them, a more rounded sound and full. I also hear more lingering to notes, more decay and hall ambience. Very nice, very big and very open. 

Jan 26, 2012 at 11:40 AM Post #245 of 13,503
The sound is getting warmer? I'd love to read this... :xf_eek:)

Quote:
I am going on the 3rd day for the DX100 and the bass has changed. I can see, that for me, comparing this unit too soon will not mean anything. The bass has become stronger in impact and songs have more bloom to them, a more rounded sound and full. I also hear more lingering to notes, more decay and hall ambience. Very nice, very big and very open. 

Jan 26, 2012 at 12:02 PM Post #246 of 13,503
Ah! HiFlight, I am almost 100% on getting the MG6Pro's myself, and having someone who has them and a DX100 is music to my ears. If you wouldn't mind going into a bit more detail about the synergy between the FS customs and DX100..... :p

Quote:
I think that is really going to be a toss-up. I used my DX100 as a DAC feeding my balanced desktop amp and HE-6. Sounded excellent. Then I listened to my MG6Pro and ES3X customs driven directly from the DX100 headphone output and they also sounded excellent. I haven't yet had time to use the DX100 line out to my PB2. Hopefully I will get to that soon. I will say that I think the DX100 has a very spacious and open soundstage with excellent imaging, both of which I normally associate with a balanced system.

Jan 26, 2012 at 12:13 PM Post #247 of 13,503
Ron, thank you so much for your responses. When you use the DX100 as a DAC feeding your balanced desktop, you are not using balance input into your desktop amp, right? Also, even if you line out from the DX100 to the PB2, it will still be single end into the PB2. I am just curious if the DX100 coax out to the DB2 and then to the PB2, will that make a difference? Thanks.

Feeding the PB2 via the DX100 line output will still yield most of the benefits of a fully-balanced system, as both positive and negative outputs are actively driven and there is no common ground return as in SE. It has been my impression that this improves the stability and accuracy of soundstage and imaging. I have not found that a balanced output significantly impacts the audio bandwidth of the amp over the SE output.

Jan 26, 2012 at 12:24 PM Post #248 of 13,503
Ah! HiFlight, I am almost 100% on getting the MG6Pro's myself, and having someone who has them and a DX100 is music to my ears. If you wouldn't mind going into a bit more detail about the synergy between the FS customs and DX100..... :p

Well, as best I can describe the pairing, it is about as close to being there live as is possible! It is much like a superb home system with a quality subwoofer, but one that never overshadows the midbass. Many things such as applause, thunder, etc. sound almost holographic. I have a couple of excellent binaural recordings plus some that I have made and they make you want to turn around and look behind you!

I have not, as yet, experimented with any of the EQ options, but have been just running the EQ centered on all bands.

So far, using only the DX100 output, the MG6Pro sounds better than any of my other IEM's or phones. As far as universals, the Sony EX800ST sounds really fine.

Jan 26, 2012 at 12:25 PM Post #249 of 13,503

Quote:
The sound is getting warmer? I'd love to read this... :xf_eek:)

To my ears, the sound is slightly warmer now but still remains open sounding. Sometimes I hear warm sound on amps and the soundscape is also a little closed in, which I don't like but the DX100 remains open for now. More time is needed. 

Jan 26, 2012 at 12:31 PM Post #250 of 13,503
You can makes Playlists on the PC and sync them as I have on Media monkey. Just be careful though if you mess up and want to delete these playlists you'll have to do it manually from the player as it will not delete the playlists even if you format the player (which is a big no,no IMO and unacceptable TBO).

Quote:
You can create playlists right on the DX100. I don't know if you can make them up on a PC and transfer them. You can also add and remove tunes from Favorites on the device itself, much as you do with playlists. I seldom use playlists as I most often just set my players to shuffle and listen to what comes up or else pick a specific album that I want to hear.

Jan 26, 2012 at 12:38 PM Post #251 of 13,503

How do you use EQ on this device? I'm still trying to figure out how to use it but no luck yet. Does it have something to do with "DO Not Found The LRC File!" It says this on one of the screen menus next to the now playing song?
Quote:
I have not yet discovered a gapless setting. Although iBasso said the DX100 would support gapless, I don't see anywhere in the menus to select it.
I'm not sure how the albums are organized. I just dragged all of my albums from my computer to the DX100 (it immediately shows up as a drive) They are all listed under the Albums icon, but not fully in alphabetical order. Two new ones I added showed up at the end of the list. Also, when playing an album, the tunes don't play in the numbered order, even with the Random setting disabled.
I just completed my first fully battery run following a full charge. It ran for 7 hours and 45 minutes before shutting off. Conditions were: Android sync settings turned off, haptic feedback turned off, Shuffle Play enabled and low gain with the volume set at about 185 except for about 2 hours of play using the line out, during which I used about 90% volume. No EQ, SRC off, and screen brightness set at about 15%. Screen timeout was set to 1 minute, although if I made any volume changes (which reactivates the screen), I turned it off manually. I did make several reboots during the run.

Jan 26, 2012 at 12:58 PM Post #252 of 13,503
HiFlight explained it to me as I couldn't find it Go the the screen and bring up the home page by contacting the CD with the musical note on it. The will bring up the page with the upper three bars and to the right, the one with the back < in a circle and 4 bars. 

At the bottom where the three symbols are, the are always there on the lower glass, press the left one and this brings up a menu at the bottom with the EQ to the right. 

Jan 26, 2012 at 1:06 PM Post #253 of 13,503

Sorry lol still not finding it? I press the now playing file with the music note on it and it takes me to another screen with a smaller version of the cd with the orange music note. At the top right hand corner there is an icon with 4 bars and a play icon. On the left side is an icon with 3 bars. When I press the one on the right side it takes me to now playing and lists all my songs. About 1700+ flac files :p
Quote:
HiFlight explained it to me as I couldn't find it Go the the screen and bring up the home page by contacting the CD with the musical note on it. The will bring up the page with the upper three bars and to the right, the one with the back < in a circle and 4 bars. 

At the bottom where the three symbols are, the are always there on the lower glass, press the left one and this brings up a menu at the bottom with the EQ to the right. 

Jan 26, 2012 at 1:34 PM Post #254 of 13,503
You have to press the bottom screen button, bottom left on the screen (there are 3 in silver the middle one looks like a house or home. 

Jan 26, 2012 at 1:37 PM Post #255 of 13,503

Quote:
You have to press the bottom screen button, bottom left on the screen (there are 3 in silver the middle one looks like a house or home. 

I'm sorry man I'm a retard when it comes this (not usually though lol). Could you take picture to show me exactly what you are doing?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back