iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
Nov 28, 2012 at 4:18 AM Post #9,286 of 13,503
Quote:
I also have this issue. I returned them to the dealer to check. They said they will inform me if they will replace my unit. I haven't been informed since then

Did you guys remember to turn off wifi and bluetooth?

Nov 28, 2012 at 4:23 AM Post #9,287 of 13,503
Dammit... I was so sure that the DX100 straight into my Heir 8.A was the end, but after spending some time with the Heir Rendition 1 amp (prototype), I'm not so sure. Everything just gets a bit better when I add the amp. Damn.

Nov 28, 2012 at 5:57 AM Post #9,289 of 13,503
Quote:
The end....you know there is no such thing
smily_headphones1.gif

I was about to say that:)..All our gears worth nothing in 10 years time...
very_evil_smiley.gif

Nov 28, 2012 at 6:49 AM Post #9,291 of 13,503
Bear with me guys, I have to share this... can't remember if I posted them before. 

I'm going to see these guys live and kicking tonigh, CAN'T WAIT!

...no audio system beats a good live performance. And they REALLY kick @$$ on stage! 
biggrin.gif

Nov 28, 2012 at 6:57 AM Post #9,292 of 13,503
Hello all,

I'm new to this thread but thought I'd let you know that I've finally given up waiting for the Hifiman HM-901 to be released and instead ordered a DX100. Hopefully I'll have it by the end of the week.

I'm finding more and more that the treble roll-off on my HM-801 is troubling me and find I'm actually resorting more to my J3 with the UM Miracles (but missing the fullness of sound as a major trade-off).

Thanks all for this great thread which has helped to convince me to take the iBasso plunge.

I'll let you know how I get on with the sound; I have high hopes!

Tony

Nov 28, 2012 at 7:04 AM Post #9,293 of 13,503
Quote:
Hello all,

I'm new to this thread but thought I'd let you know that I've finally given up waiting for the Hifiman HM-901 to be released and instead ordered a DX100. Hopefully I'll have it by the end of the week.

I'm finding more and more that the treble roll-off on my HM-801 is troubling me and find I'm actually resorting more to my J3 with the UM Miracles (but missing the fullness of sound as a major trade-off).

Thanks all for this great thread which has helped to convince me to take the iBasso plunge.

I'll let you know how I get on with the sound; I have high hopes!

Tony

I think you'll love it Tony. It will show you the true colors of your miracles and what you were missing in your music compared to the 801 :). While still having an organic sound to it yet super detailed. So you get it all in one. You can't beat that. :).

Nov 28, 2012 at 9:22 AM Post #9,298 of 13,503
Quote:
Awesome. Looking forward to your impressions. Welcome to the club.
beerchug.gif

Just curious what gear will you be using it with?

As I say welcome to the family. I love my Ultrasone Sig. Pro headphones,  but find if I equalize the treble down and the midbass down I am in love. I know all headphones are colored to some extent, but now I really dig these. I could never equalize my Westone ES5 to sound open and clear.

Nov 28, 2012 at 9:34 AM Post #9,299 of 13,503
Quote:
Dammit... I was so sure that the DX100 straight into my Heir 8.A was the end, but after spending some time with the Heir Rendition 1 amp (prototype), I'm not so sure. Everything just gets a bit better when I add the amp. Damn.

+1.  That's how I felt about my 4.Ais...until I listened to them through my SR-71A. 
rolleyes.gif

Still trying to decide if I want to part with another $1k for the 8.As.  Let's see...if I sell one of my grandkids...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back