iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
Nov 27, 2012 at 5:10 AM Post #9,271 of 13,503
Quote:
lol we'll have to see. As long as it can stack up to my 1Plus2s while at the same time offering something different with good isolation I think i will be happy. There was one person who really made me worried about this purchase but I am wondering if he had a good fit. As most seem to be quite the opposite from his opinion. Plus he got them reshelled form a different company. I'd be quite wary about doing this as I honestly didn't get good results with my TF10s being reshelled. They sounded worse than the original TF10s. I have a feeling the actual makers of the IEMs will set the IEMs and tune them to their own specifications.

Why the HECK would he do that? Heir does $70 reshells for the 8.A and they know what they're doing...

Nov 27, 2012 at 5:12 AM Post #9,272 of 13,503
Not really sure why lol. At least from his comments I gathered he had another company do it. But in the event they don't work out for me (really hoping this isn't the case) I'll most likely shoot for the SE5 or NT6. Either way I really want the SE5s one day lol. Just from all the rave reviews on them and that silicone shell just spells "I want it!" :wink:.

Nov 27, 2012 at 5:18 AM Post #9,273 of 13,503
Quote:
Not really sure why lol. At least from his comments I gathered he had another company do it. But in the event they don't work out for me (really hoping this isn't the case) I'll most likely shoot for the SE5 or NT6. Either way I really want the SE5s one day lol. Just from all the rave reviews on them and that silicone shell just spells "I want it!" :wink:.

I know two guys who has the SE5 and I was seriously considering them as well before I finally decided to go with the 8.A 
smile.gif

Nov 27, 2012 at 5:28 AM Post #9,274 of 13,503
Quote:
I know two guys who has the SE5 and I was seriously considering them as well before I finally decided to go with the 8.A 
smile.gif

Who knows maybe we'll have twin brothers sometime in the future? :p. Those silicone shells just look so cool plus it even gives you more isolation and comfort. I think over 30dB? Let's just say I wouldn't be jogging with them down the street lol.

Nov 27, 2012 at 5:39 AM Post #9,276 of 13,503
Quote:
I know they're customs but... any comparisons? I was seriously looking into the SE 5way until the shipping and warranty complications and additional costs made it too much to currently bear.

That is also another turn off. I wish they could cater to the world market instead of being limited. But there are a few people who are willing to help me on that regard so. But I won't be even thinking about it for quite some time. That is a dream for down the road lol.

Nov 27, 2012 at 5:45 AM Post #9,277 of 13,503
You guys should check out the great work by Average_Joe: http://www.head-fi.org/t/541494/multi-custom-iem-review-resource-mfg-list-discussion-23-reviews-hidition-nt-6-pro-added-9-13-12

Nov 27, 2012 at 9:25 AM Post #9,278 of 13,503
Sorry for the Off Topic.

Just wondering if you guys have seen and want to participate in this:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/637099/2012-head-fi-holiday-gift-exchange

We're hoping the thread will be added to the Home page to make it more visible to everyone.

Cheers

Nov 27, 2012 at 10:28 AM Post #9,279 of 13,503
Hi,
(sorry for my english I hope you can understand my concern)
I do own a DX100 since two weeks. I have noticed that when I play music (only wav or flac files downloaded on a platform which is very professional -<Qobuz) after 20mm of listening, I can hear some slight parasite noise in the background. I thought it comes maybee from my Headphones (AKG Q701 qincy- and Westone 4R). Any ideas what this might be? Also, playing 24 bit seems to work not properly everytime (does the DAP have some problem to read when it start to be warm?)
Thank you for your help.

Becobus 

Nov 27, 2012 at 2:34 PM Post #9,281 of 13,503
Quote:
Hi,
I do own a DX100 since two weeks. I have noticed that when I play music (only wav or flac files downloaded on a platform which is very professional -<Qobuz) after 20mm of listening, I can hear some slight parasite noise in the background. I thought it comes maybee from my Headphones (AKG Q701 qincy- and Westone 4R). Any ideas what this might be? Also, playing 24 bit seems to work not properly everytime (does the DAP have some problem to read when it start to be warm?)
Thank you for your help.

Becobus 

Have you shut down everything that might be running in the background? I run just the player and use WAV 24/196 and other formats and get no background noise no matter how warm or long the DX has been on. 

Nov 27, 2012 at 6:06 PM Post #9,282 of 13,503
Based on what I observed, the warming of the player is mostly caused by the google playstore process. Normal usage cause the player to be warm but not as warm when the google playstore process is running

better to root the player and use Titanium backup to freeze the google playstore 
biggrin.gif
 just unfreeze when you want to use it 

Nov 27, 2012 at 11:48 PM Post #9,285 of 13,503
Quote:
Hi,
Thank you for your help.

Becobus 

I also have this issue. I returned them to the dealer to check. They said they will inform me if they will replace my unit. I haven't been informed since then

Users who are viewing this thread

Back