iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
Oct 18, 2012 at 8:51 AM Post #8,401 of 13,503
@Kryten123 : I have 800 Go SD Flac and 180Go Flac HD and i don't want choice what i want listend in hollydays or at works.

I have bay lot of memory Card 64 GB and 31Gb and this :

I have in internal memory just my Music for dance ( My Best Of WCS, Salsa, Tango, Rock&Roll, LindyHop ChaCha ecT... ) and i can tak all mine music with me :)

Oct 18, 2012 at 9:24 AM Post #8,402 of 13,503
Quote:
Having kept up to date with this thread, I just wanted to add my impressions for the record.

I seem to be one of the lucky ones that is pretty much 100% happy with my unit. After my initial disappointment of not being instantly wowed by the sound, I have steadily grown to appreciate just how awesome this player sounds, especially for a portable unit.

The minor gripes I have with it, I have learnt to work around or just ignore them.
Yes I agree that for the price paid the GUI and functionality should be a hell of a lot better. However, if I valued (perceived) ease of use over sound quality, I would choose a different player.
I appreciate that this is a small company with limited money and resources and only so much can be achieved and ironed out before it has to go to market to begin paying for itself.
So I am willing to live with the minor niggles, while the audiophile community beta test it....for me, as soon as the first song starts playing, everything is forgiven.

Having said that, there are a few things I would really like to see improved:

The pops when coming out of sleep or when first powered on - for now, I try to remember to not plug my IEMs in until its up running

Slow wakeup and indexing - power it up a few minutes before I want to use it

Get rid of all cr@p that runs in the background - as with all my android devices, I immediately rooted it and then installed a Task Killer - now I wait for it to power up and kill all tasks\services except the music app.

Longer battery would be nice - I just make sure I regularly charge it up or play it with the charger on

Album art - nice to have but not important as I dont sit and look at the art work while songs are playing

Smaller and lighter form.

All my music loads and plays in numbered order and as I tend to play by album and rarely skip songs, so I dont really have any issues in that department.

I love this player so much that I have now got rid of my cowons and will probably get rid of my HM-601 - this is the only sound I want.

After reading about the sound changes in v1.2.3 I decided to stay on 1.1.7

I play only FLACs and 24bit on it

+1

Oct 18, 2012 at 12:05 PM Post #8,403 of 13,503
According to iBasso you need a 12V 1.5A AC adapter with a 3.5mm plug diameter. They do supply them, but you'll need to decide whether its worth the postage costs. I dont know where you're based, but I picked up a multi charger with exchangeable tips from a Maplin store in the UK. I use the original in the office and the Maplin one at home.

There's a Maplins down the road from me, I'll go grab one tomorrow - thanks!

Oct 18, 2012 at 2:34 PM Post #8,406 of 13,503
That would work fine.

Oct 18, 2012 at 7:08 PM Post #8,409 of 13,503
Quote:
Ibasso have confirmed to me that new firmware coming out this week :)

Nice. Let's hope they get it right this time.....
rolleyes.gif

Oct 19, 2012 at 1:59 AM Post #8,413 of 13,503
If your DX100 is rooted there is absolutely no need for using a task killer. Install Titanium Backup and use it to freeze or uninstall everything you dont need. I've killed off the calendar, email, chinese keyboard etc. Why keep killing those apps on every startup when you can just as easily get rid of them for good?

Oct 19, 2012 at 2:20 AM Post #8,414 of 13,503
Quote:
If your DX100 is rooted there is absolutely no need for using a task killer. Install Titanium Backup and use it to freeze or uninstall everything you dont need. I've killed off the calendar, email, chinese keyboard etc. Why keep killing those apps on every startup when you can just as easily get rid of them for good?

Does using Titanium Backup do the same thing?
Rooting voids the warranty will using Titanium also, if you know?

Has anyone else heard there is going to be a new software update/release this week?

Oct 19, 2012 at 2:59 AM Post #8,415 of 13,503
Quote:
Does using Titanium Backup do the same thing?
Rooting voids the warranty will using Titanium also, if you know?

Has anyone else heard there is going to be a new software update/release this week?

I've never heard rooting the device will void the warranty. I'd assume if you brick the unit in the process that is a different matter. Titanium backup will back up all those processes so you can safely remove them (the ones that Sorensiim mentions in his tutorial). There was a minor mistake I noticed though in the tutorial. The launcher he had mentioned was differently named from the one I think he intended to mention. I was able to find it and I agree it is minimalist and better due to this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back