iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
Oct 11, 2012 at 11:08 AM Post #8,251 of 13,503
Quote:
Yep from settings applications, Force stop. Test it out and post your findings. It could be beneficial to others. I rarely use the setting however as my player takes less than a minute to boot up anyways :).

Man Madonna has some of the very best mastered music period... Her 24/96 albums are insanely good and much better than 16/44. You'd have to be deaf to not hear it. It's so obvious.
atsmile.gif

Hey mate

Well i dont think my findings are in any way encouraging , but maybe im expecting too much

i  shut all down via settings , and turned screen off , when i awoke less than 8 hours later

i went from 92% to 71% .

Thats quite a loss for sitting idle id assume .

PS are thos Madonna albums from HDTRACKS . id like to give some a listen . i really only like one song of hers called

true blue ,but from the way you explained things id like to give em all a listen

Cheers

Oct 11, 2012 at 11:52 AM Post #8,252 of 13,503
Hmm I'm curious about these tracks. Are they dependable? I've heard mixed reviews from sites like this... If it is indeed a 24/96 rip it should be good. But if its up-sampled, it's crap. I'll test my unit out and leave it in sleep more for 8 hours. I swear it don't use that much power. Are you on 1.2.3?

Oct 11, 2012 at 12:02 PM Post #8,253 of 13,503
Quote:
Hey mate

Well i dont think my findings are in any way encouraging , but maybe im expecting too much

i  shut all down via settings , and turned screen off , when i awoke less than 8 hours later

i went from 92% to 71% .

Thats quite a loss for sitting idle id assume .

PS are thos Madonna albums from HDTRACKS . id like to give some a listen . i really only like one song of hers called

true blue ,but from the way you explained things id like to give em all a listen

Cheers

The discharging is probably in line with my DX100. I am on 1.2.3. Frankly, if I want to shut down all the programs manually, it is probably faster to turn the entire unit off. I just did and after like 4.5 hours, I see it at 94% from a fully charged state.... I wonder if it drains battery even when it is powered down.... I shall leave it overnight with it switched off.

Oct 11, 2012 at 12:06 PM Post #8,254 of 13,503
It should not be draining the battery when fully off. There may be something wrong with your unit if this is the case. Either that or 1.2.3 is the culprit. I'll test my unit and tell you the amount of drain after 8 hours. I thought it was around 10% drain so we'll see.

Oct 11, 2012 at 12:21 PM Post #8,255 of 13,503
If set to standby mine goes down about 10 percent after 24 hours. I normally just leave it plugged in when not using it, standby or off. 

Oct 11, 2012 at 1:24 PM Post #8,257 of 13,503
Quote:
Strange how your unit works perfect Jamato and everyone else' doesn't :p.

I think Ron has had pretty much the same results. If you are insinuating something else then just state it. I state what results I come up with, nothing more nothing less and I don't lie about it! 

I will add I never stated mine was perfect but nothing is, nothing but I also don't quibble about every little thing (no insinuation, just stating my mode)  but what I do is enjoy the music.

Oct 11, 2012 at 1:38 PM Post #8,258 of 13,503
Mine has been perfect since I got it as well (hexing myself here). The only obvious bug is the fade-in, for me. I'm using high-bitrate lossy w/embedded album art and all tracks have proper tagging and the file names/folders were already properly organised. On 1.1.7 obviously.

Oct 11, 2012 at 1:52 PM Post #8,259 of 13,503
Quote:
I think Ron has had pretty much the same results. If you are insinuating something else then just state it. I state what results I come up with, nothing more nothing less and I don't lie about it! 

I will add I never stated mine was perfect but nothing is, nothing but I also don't quibble about every little thing (no insinuation, just stating my mode)  but what I do is enjoy the music.

Didn't say you were lying but it is hard to believe you aren't having any of the issues everyone else is, including the fade-in. Just makes me wonder why are there these discrepancies and if ibasso is at fault for it or not (quality control).

Oct 11, 2012 at 2:13 PM Post #8,260 of 13,503
Quote:
Didn't say you were lying but it is hard to believe you aren't having any of the issues everyone else is, including the fade-in. Just makes me wonder why are there these discrepancies and if ibasso is at fault for it or not (quality control).

Ok, I have listened over and over and do get about a .5 second or so fade-in when switching to another song. It is that with most music I do not hear this and until I listened over and over, it didn't affect what I was hearing (the song). I have listened to many live concerts and they always seem to start a little different so the first second never mattered. As far as standby time, the percent used for me has been pretty much consistent. I don't get hang-ups with 1.1.7 and do get artwork, once the album is engaged for the first time. The music plays in order on 1.1.7 and I just don't have any issues. Maybe I don't try to do everything that some do with the songs. I have 16/44 to WAV 24/196 and no issues with playing or hang-ups and I use the DX day in and day out. I don't think it is a QC issue, I think it is a use issue by the user, not to say that there aren't any issues or that there aren't any units that may have a problem.

Oct 11, 2012 at 2:17 PM Post #8,261 of 13,503
Quote:
Ok, I have listened over and over and do get about a .5 second or so fade-in when switching to another song. It is that with most music I do not hear this and until I listened over and over, it didn't affect what I was hearing (the song). I have listened to many live concerts and they always seem to start a little different so the first second never mattered. As far as standby time, the percent used for me has been pretty much consistent. I don't get hang-ups with 1.1.7 and do get artwork, once the album is engaged for the first time. The music plays in order on 1.1.7 and I just don't have any issues. Maybe I don't try to do everything that some do with the songs. I have 16/44 to WAV 24/196 and no issues with playing or hang-ups and I use the DX day in and day out. I don't think it is a QC issue, I think it is a use issue by the user, not to say that there aren't any issues or that there aren't any units that may have a problem.

How do you get album art on WAV? Did you use an album art grabber for them? The issues I have with my unit is the album art not showing up from the embedded album art in the tags. On 1.2.3 it works and I can get it to carry over to 1.1.7. But once on 1.1.7 if you add new tracks it won't show up. I'm still testing the standby myself. So far it's been 3 hours and there has been 0 drain on the battery.

However if ibasso did manage to address these remaining issues I'd be extremely impressed with my unit. Just these bugs are taking away from my enjoyment of the unit. Just knowing that iriver and Hifiman may not have these issues makes my expectations that much higher. Plus ibasso had promised us they would get a fully function DAP without these issues.

Oct 11, 2012 at 2:24 PM Post #8,262 of 13,503
Quote:
Hmm I'm curious about these tracks. Are they dependable? I've heard mixed reviews from sites like this... If it is indeed a 24/96 rip it should be good. But if its up-sampled, it's crap. I'll test my unit out and leave it in sleep more for 8 hours. I swear it don't use that much power. Are you on 1.2.3?

Yes im on 1.2.3 .Just thought of that

when i got time ill go back to 1.1.7 and five that a try to compare

PS were you asking about HDTRACKS there ? ive heard some bad reviews on them as well . It appears they re not 100%
reliable . But who is LOL . i forget what ive read exactly ,something questioning the authenticity of true 24/96 and 24/192
and methods used ,maybe some up sampled . i recall specific lps were brought into question , but its been sometime so
i forget which ones exactly .

Where did you get your true 24/96 Madonna lps then ? i dont know any other 24 bit resources

Cheers

Oct 11, 2012 at 2:41 PM Post #8,264 of 13,503
Quote:

Downloaded from a friend. All are Vinyl rips.

Wow your friend must have a premium set up then

So i wont be finding those madonnas for sale / download then .i thought they were commercial
releases

Dr Robert just came to mind as another who does such rips ,not sure if hes part of hdtracks or not

ive heard some Miles Davis,maybe Allman Bros ,and some other vinyl rips of Dr Robert . What ive
heard ive been impressed with . Could nt believe it was from vinyl .

PS cant wait for you to get your ears onto Ibassos best of mix of 1.17 and 1.2.3 And report back
If they actually do lol

Cheers

Oct 11, 2012 at 2:48 PM Post #8,265 of 13,503
Quote:
Wow your friend must have a premium set up then

So i wont be finding those madonnas for sale / download then .i thought they were commercial
releases

Dr Robert just came to mind as another who does such rips ,not sure if hes part of hdtracks or not

ive heard some Miles Davis,maybe Allman Bros ,and some other vinyl rips of Dr Robert . What ive
heard ive been impressed with . Could nt believe it was from vinyl .

PS cant wait for you to get your ears onto Ibassos best of mix of 1.17 and 1.2.3 And report back
If they actually do lol

Cheers

Wasn't he the one doing the Beetles and then stopped? I have a friend with the copies (from vinyl) and he has the latest Beetles release and really like the rips from vinyl. I should get a copy from him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back