iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
Oct 10, 2012 at 5:58 PM Post #8,236 of 13,503
Quote:
I have found that with the higher resolution of the DX that I hear a difference in the sound so I have been ripping and using WAV for that reason.

Quote:
Same. I also hear it in regular FLAC to WAV. But I don't have enough space to justify doing it right now. When 128 GB cards are out then I'll move to WAV.

I have not tried to compare this but you are saying that the Wav does sound better than Flac file given the same sampling rate & bit depth?

Oct 10, 2012 at 6:18 PM Post #8,237 of 13,503
Quote:

I have not tried to compare this but you are saying that the Wav does sound better than Flac file given the same sampling rate & bit depth?

Exactly. But I'm not saying it's due to the actual files themselves. I really think it's during the conversion of FLAC to WAV where the sound degradation takes place. As I use cPlay as my main player and it completely solved that discrepancy. Although it quite minimalist it does the trick. I'm able to even do intensive tasks (such as moving GBs of files at a time) and it doesn't affect the sound at all. While on any regular player I'd get pauses and interference. cPlay completely unzips the file before playback and stores it in memory cache. This is not the norm of a player or DAP for that matter. It's all done on the fly, which is the problem. I've even noticed differences on my Studio V. Just the space is not ample yet so I won't make the jump til 128 GB cards are out and affordable. Once I'd accustomed myself to the differences it's quite easy to spot to be honest and irritating.

Oct 10, 2012 at 6:59 PM Post #8,238 of 13,503
Guys,

my new DX100 discharges like 30% over 10-11 hours in standby, music paused hit and side button to turn off screen.

Is this "normal"? That means I can't leave it on standby because battery will be flat in a day...

Do all of you power off you DX100 when not in use or my DX100 is faulty?

thanks.

Oct 10, 2012 at 7:06 PM Post #8,239 of 13,503
I don't use the Stand-bye feature as it also seems buggy as you had mentioned. I've manually put it in a state of Stand-bye though and it seems to last longer and use less battery although I don't use it very often. I manually close all applications besides android keyboard. Then attempt to shut off the player. I select yes. Then it prompts you again to turn it off. This time just shut the screen off and see if that works for you. Seems to go for 10 hours with 10 percent drain on the battery.

Oct 10, 2012 at 7:07 PM Post #8,240 of 13,503
Quote:
Guys,

my new DX100 discharges like 30% over 10-11 hours in standby, music paused hit and side button to turn off screen.

Is this "normal"? That means I can't leave it on standby because battery will be flat in a day...

Do all of you power off you DX100 when not in use or my DX100 is faulty?

thanks.

Sounds normal to me . i oft go to bed with 100% charge and listen to a cd to fall asleep ,DX100 is set to play cd once .When i awake i prob
have at least that drain % & this is no where near 11 hours . You may be lucky ? . My SR71B is nowhere touched by this tho. Its also left on all night , i may charge DX100 7 or even more times to one charge for SR71B.That lil amp has a champeen battery .

Oct 10, 2012 at 7:07 PM Post #8,241 of 13,503
Lol Did anyone else experienced this?! The song play at about double speed on 1.1.7? haha.  It sounds good actually! Don't want to stop it
etysmile.gif

Oct 10, 2012 at 7:10 PM Post #8,242 of 13,503
Quote:
Lol Did anyone else experienced this?! The song play at about double speed on 1.1.7? haha.  It sounds good actually! Don't want to stop it
etysmile.gif

I've had it happen on older firmwares but not on 1.1.7.... So tupac you gonna loan me your Hifiman 901 when you jump ship :wink:.

Oct 10, 2012 at 8:26 PM Post #8,243 of 13,503
Quote:
I don't use the Stand-bye feature as it also seems buggy as you had mentioned. I've manually put it in a state of Stand-bye though and it seems to last longer and use less battery although I don't use it very often. I manually close all applications besides android keyboard. Then attempt to shut off the player. I select yes. Then it prompts you again to turn it off. This time just shut the screen off and see if that works for you. Seems to go for 10 hours with 10 percent drain on the battery.

Thanks mate .i have never thought of this .This tip will save me aggravating slow reboots when ill be using the DAP again within an hour or so

Cheers

Oct 10, 2012 at 8:32 PM Post #8,244 of 13,503
Quote:
Thanks mate .i have never thought of this .This tip will save me aggravating slow reboots when ill be using the DAP again within an hour or so

Cheers

Remember to close the Music Player, google crap, and settings process (force close). If you leave these processes on it will severely drain the batter.

Oct 10, 2012 at 9:35 PM Post #8,246 of 13,503
Yep from settings applications, Force stop. Test it out and post your findings. It could be beneficial to others. I rarely use the setting however as my player takes less than a minute to boot up anyways :).

Man Madonna has some of the very best mastered music period... Her 24/96 albums are insanely good and much better than 16/44. You'd have to be deaf to not hear it. It's so obvious.
atsmile.gif

Oct 11, 2012 at 1:28 AM Post #8,247 of 13,503
Quote:
Yep from settings applications, Force stop. Test it out and post your findings. It could be beneficial to others. I rarely use the setting however as my player takes less than a minute to boot up anyways :).

Man Madonna has some of the very best mastered music period... Her 24/96 albums are insanely good and much better than 16/44. You'd have to be deaf to not hear it. It's so obvious.
atsmile.gif

Which ones?

Oct 11, 2012 at 1:41 AM Post #8,248 of 13,503
Quote:
Which ones?

Music, Google Play Store, Settings. Force Close all three of those, make sure to force close settings last as it will force you from the settings screen. When normally playing back music I'll kill all but the music player and android keyboard.

Oct 11, 2012 at 10:19 AM Post #8,249 of 13,503
Quote:
Music, Google Play Store, Settings. Force Close all three of those, make sure to force close settings last as it will force you from the settings screen. When normally playing back music I'll kill all but the music player and android keyboard.

Quote:
Which ones?

I think Jamato meant which Madonna albums in particular :wink:

Oct 11, 2012 at 10:31 AM Post #8,250 of 13,503
Oh :wink:. I'm really enjoying her True Blue, Ray of Light, Erotica, Vogue 12" Single, Bedtime Stories LP, Madonna Album, Like a Prayer, Confessions On a Dance Floor, You Can Dance, Music LP. It all sounds great! Just love how the 24 bit stuff can add a new dimension to the music. Takes you from listening to being there just about. How realistic things sound. Things from the deep and textured bass, smooth and extended treble (realistic sparkle). The sound staging is also noticeably better with the placement and space between the instruments. Separation is superb. Like her Frozen Song is a very good example of this. It's a bit congested on the 16/44 track. Towards the end you can hear the mastering imperfection clear as day while on the 24/192 it's not an issue.

Thing is my DACport LX is really showing me the limits of my own DX100 which is a bit irritating considering I paid significantly less for it..... Not saying the DX100 is bad at all but the DACport LX takes a dump on it sound quality wise in comparison. Especially on High-resolution files... :frowning2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back