iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
Sep 7, 2012 at 3:13 PM Post #7,741 of 13,503
Quote:
Some?

Nah.

Now, I have all of it. Decompiled and readable in plain english (programming langauage Java). Specifically I was right (there is that damn concept turning into facts again). The ESS likes 80Mhz as the sweet spot and 100Mhz as it max for CLK. looks like the 1.2.3. firmware went above 100mhz for the ESS CLK hence the sound degredation being reported. Why they decide to muck with the CLK signal is beyond me (again experience says, no version control and no software repository with incremental changes being kept).

Music.apk file is broken down into 162 components with a specific set used for the ESS chip (and btw it is RockChip doing the development work). Now the fun part is to decipher which part is the ESS. Security through obscurity. Already found the component that outputs SPDIF. trying to figure out if that is from the ARM CPU or the ESS. with no IDE, makes reverse engineer a huge connect the dots game (read time consuming).

Great you have all of it. How does it sound? 1.1.7 sounds great to me. I have used 80mhz oscillators, 50 and 100 in a portable dac I built. With the particular crystal chip I was using, 80 did it for me. This proved out in listening tests.  

Sep 7, 2012 at 3:49 PM Post #7,743 of 13,503
Quote:
umm

did you miss my 1.2.3 comment???

umm nope, I did not. What I am getting at is 1.1.7 is available and works fine. Use what works and don't use what doesn't. Some people may like the way the DX100 sounds with 1.2.3 and that is their choice but you know what, they have the DX100 and can make that choice, they aren't looking at the software and fretting or worrying about where the DX100 is made or parts of it are made or whether it should be labeled as made in China with software by xyz company etc. 

Sep 7, 2012 at 4:08 PM Post #7,744 of 13,503
Quote:
umm nope, I did not. What I am getting at is 1.1.7 is available and works fine. Use what works and don't use what doesn't. Some people may like the way the DX100 sounds with 1.2.3 and that is their choice but you know what, they have the DX100 and can make that choice, they aren't looking at the software and fretting or worrying about where the DX100 is made or parts of it are made or whether it should be labeled as made in China with software by xyz company etc. 

you think it is worth the 800 beans you paid.
That is great.

At it's current revision, not even worth 2 bananas for me. I would be more intrested in the HDP-R10 at this point (that cost more) than the DX100). Just for the facts stated by qsup.

and me worry?

to much credit. Curiosity. Seeing all the spelling mistakes and how they make calls to misspelled functions (which means they don't work) is quite intresting. Actually quite telling on on the QA testing also.

Sep 7, 2012 at 4:13 PM Post #7,745 of 13,503
Quote:
you think it is worth the 800 beans you paid.
That is great.

At it's current revision, not even worth 2 bananas for me. I would be more intrested in the HDP-R10 at this point (that cost more) than the DX100). Just for the facts stated by qsup.

and me worry?

to much credit. Curiosity. Seeing all the spelling mistakes and how they make calls to misspelled functions (which means they don't work) is quite intresting. Actually quite telling on on the QA testing also.

I think you need to use spellcheck. 

Sep 7, 2012 at 5:11 PM Post #7,747 of 13,503
figgie, you are just trolling. Get a DX100 and then talk. 

Sep 7, 2012 at 6:46 PM Post #7,748 of 13,503
Well I for one have been following this thread for a while and am finally able to place my order, which I hope to do next monday, and I find figgie's posts very interesting. Of course I want the DX100 to sound its best, but I also want it to play gapless and I want to use poweramp in it. I need to be able to save different eq settings.
I don't get why some seem to be bothered with figgie's posts, the way I see it th more information we get the better, everything adds (bad translation of 'todo suma'
tongue_smile.gif
)
Cheers!

Sep 7, 2012 at 8:48 PM Post #7,749 of 13,503
Somewhere among all this bickering is a useful thread.  I moderate a forum on a totally different topic so am used to forums, but by heck the amount of pointless personal comments here is mind blowing.  Can people not simply read what they are interested in and ignore the rest.  Everyone has a right to post items relevant to the topic and everyone has a right to ignore posts by others.

Can we argue whether figgie's posts are relevant - I suppose, but he is posting information that he is discovering about the software that runs our units.  If you have no interest then ignore it, but I for one was helped by figgie's posts a month or so back and am interested in what he has to say - if that makes me unworthy then this isn't anywhere I want to be.

Sep 7, 2012 at 9:47 PM Post #7,750 of 13,503
Roffesian you have a point but figgie does not own a unit and cannot even verify these things for himself. Hes just going off of speculation from the firmware. Its putting the cart before the horse and will not get you anywhere. Would you risk damaging your unit for him when he doesn't own one nor tried these supposed changes to the firmware?

Sep 7, 2012 at 10:21 PM Post #7,753 of 13,503
Problem is when you are manually changing tracks you have that large delay still in 1.2.3 and in 1.1.7 you have part of the song cut out.

Sep 7, 2012 at 11:20 PM Post #7,754 of 13,503
Strange, I get no cut out of the song when changing. Gapless is working really well for me in 1.1.7. 

Sep 7, 2012 at 11:25 PM Post #7,755 of 13,503
Quote:
Strange, I get no cut out of the song when changing. Gapless is working really well for me in 1.1.7. 

So when you manually change from one song to a different one you have no audio cut out from any of the tracks? If you don't manually change the songs it doesn't do this. But I like to select my own tracks a lot of the time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back