iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
Sep 3, 2012 at 8:07 AM Post #7,681 of 13,503
I have never fathomed the need for a program to sync files to a player - thus my hatred of iTunes that locks you in to just that. I just select the music I want on my DX100 and copy it to players internal memory or SD card. Done. Then again, I've never felt the need for specific playlists, I usually play an artist at a time or "play everything" with shuffle turned on. 

Sep 3, 2012 at 8:10 AM Post #7,682 of 13,503
I don't find it far-fetched at all. I like organization and I'm not forced into anything unlike apples software. Big difference. Via playlists I am able to access my 2,500 songs super fast. Faster than any other method available on the DX100 for that matter and its super organized exactly how I want it. I do use shuffle at times but other times I'll want to listen to a specific track and this is by far the fastest method. Since I've put the files in specific orders its very easy for me to remember where everything is, even on such a large library. If I can't find a specific track then I'll use the search function (rarely though).

Plus the need to use the program is for the organization. It may be a PITA to initially get all your music organized how you want it. But once its done and you save it in a safe place, you won't go thought it again and just add as you go. At that point I don't really use the player to sync anymore. I'll just add new files to the playlist in MediaMonkey and overwrite the older one. Then use that playlist to overwrite the one on the DX100. Then simply copy and paste those new files listed in the playlist on MediaMonkey to the appropriate folder on the DX100. Since the folders are named the same name as my playlists this is super easy to do. That's basically it. Plus I can guarantee you via playlists the DX100 is the smoothest and fastest in comparison to the other presets.

Sep 3, 2012 at 8:19 AM Post #7,684 of 13,503
Quote:
Ok Lee, so lets just say I delete all music from my DX, and re-sync......it will put the 100 PSB songs back on my DX even though the playlist has only 30 songs picked ?

No it should only sync the songs that you have in the playlist. So lets say you have 30 songs in the playlist. It will sync those 30 songs and the playlist so that you can listen to those songs from playlist view and have them in the exact order you put them in the playlist. It should not be adding extra songs that are not in the playlist. If that is the case you need to check your settings. Under "Auto Sync List" you check-mark "Playlists and it will show you "Imported playlists". You can expand the tab and select the playlists you wish to sync. Then click "Apply". After you hit Auto-Sync and it will sync those specific-chosen playlists. I think this may be where the problem is.

Sep 3, 2012 at 9:00 AM Post #7,686 of 13,503
Quote:
How can i get my DX playlists in Alphabeticle order ? in the playlist screen ?

If you follow what I said and sync them via the Automatic sync feature that I listed earlier, it will sync them in order. Basically if you don't do it in order they won't show up in order. Still a flaw on the DX100 and something that is rather stupid and should have been fixed along time ago on ibasso's end.

Sep 3, 2012 at 11:05 AM Post #7,687 of 13,503
Finally managed to get my JH16s hooked up to my DX100 after a week away for business and some challenges with custom cables - incredible sound.  Still in jaw dropping mode right now so can't really give a more critical analysis until I get past that.  Still extremely frustrated that my JH3a is sitting idle because I only stated three times that I needed a custom digital IC to connect the DX100 to my JH3a and ended up with an IC that can't do that
mad.gif

Sep 3, 2012 at 3:21 PM Post #7,688 of 13,503
After some testing with the EQ I must say that I really prefer the sound of the 1.2.3 firmware with EQ on, set to flat and my 8.A on medium gain, 180-190 on the volume depending on the music.

Sep 3, 2012 at 3:56 PM Post #7,689 of 13,503
Quote:
After some testing with the EQ I must say that I really prefer the sound of the 1.2.3 firmware with EQ on, set to flat and my 8.A on medium gain, 180-190 on the volume depending on the music.

Interesting and nice to have the choice. After trying them all I prefer the previous firmware to the current. For me, more open, spacious, dynamic and a more realistic bass. It is nice though to have the options since we all hear a little different and have varying preferences. 

Sep 3, 2012 at 4:03 PM Post #7,690 of 13,503
Interesting and nice to have the choice. After trying them all I prefer the previous firmware to the current. For me, more open, spacious, dynamic and a more realistic bass. It is nice though to have the options since we all hear a little different and have varying preferences. 

+1 on the 1.1.7. I have compared both and prefer 1.1.7 for the same reasons Jamato8 listed above. For some reason, 1.2.3 causes me to experience listening fatigue much sooner than does the 1.1.7 version regardless of which phones I am using. Not exactly sure why.

Sep 3, 2012 at 4:31 PM Post #7,691 of 13,503
I haven't tried reverting to 1.1.7 after switching to 1.2.3, I might give that a go tomorrow, depending on how my work day pans out. 

Sep 3, 2012 at 11:51 PM Post #7,692 of 13,503
Quote:
+1 on the 1.1.7. I have compared both and prefer 1.1.7 for the same reasons Jamato8 listed above. For some reason, 1.2.3 causes me to experience listening fatigue much sooner than does the 1.1.7 version regardless of which phones I am using. Not exactly sure why.

Boosted treble, mids and bass. :wink:. They messed up on the EQ again when enabling Power Amp support due to Android. At least that is what I feel is the cause. For me the bass was the biggest give-away especially on my 1Plus2s since that IEM is extremely revealing when it comes to bass quality and texture. But the treble and mids are also noticeably more aggressive and upfront. This is due to being boosted IMO.

Sep 3, 2012 at 11:53 PM Post #7,693 of 13,503
Quote:
I haven't tried reverting to 1.1.7 after switching to 1.2.3, I might give that a go tomorrow, depending on how my work day pans out. 

Sorensiim since you seem to be enjoying EQ on on 1.2.3 try to get yourself very familiar with that sound and then go back to EQ off. Then revert to 1.1.7 and see if you can hear the difference. 1.1.7 sounds the best and most natural to my ears with EQ off. With EQ on it actually takes things too far back, yet it does make the sound stage bigger.

Sep 4, 2012 at 3:19 AM Post #7,694 of 13,503
Connect your DX100 to the machine and start up MediaMonkey. You wanna configure the settings in MediaMonkey first. Configure both internal and external storage. It may take a little while to scan if you got a crap load of music like I do.

Click on the "ibasso DX100 Internal" listed on the left hand side of MediaMonkey. Select "Options." Under "Destination" copy and paste: \Music\\ under "Sync Music files." I also did the same thing under "Classical music files" just in case. Make sure to click "Apply" or it won't save. Do the same for the below directions or you'll end up kicking yourself :wink:.

If you are syncing FLAC files I recommend you set up a custom preset under "Auto conversion". Its also listed in the Options tab I had mentioned earlier. Under You'll find a list of options. Next to "When the format is:" Change it to "FLAC." Now under "If any of the following conditions are true:", "For Audio bitrate" change it to "Above" and change "input" to "128 kbps." Further below change "To the following format:" to "FLAC." Customize the compressions if you wish. I recommend 6 at the most. So that would be the third to the last line then select OK.

Now under "auto sync" select the playlists that you imported. If you haven't added the playlists you can manually do it from "File/Add /Rescan Folders" and point it to where you have your playlists stored. It will add them to "Imported playlists" in MediaMonkey. Whichever playlists you select will sync once you press the auto sync button. Just check-mark the desired playlists you want to be synced and apply. Then hit the Auto-Sync button. That should be it. Happy listening. (One more thing guys). Under Option/Playlists be sure to check-mark Sync Playlists, Library Playlists, Artists, Albums, Location. Also checkmark Use Unicode (UTF-8 Encoding) for M3u playlists. The 4th picture in my below posts will show you exactly what I mean.

Once you have synced everything try and have a look at both your playlists and music folder on your DX100. You'll notice they are all named the same thing. This makes it very easy to edit and add onto your DX100 and keep everything organized. When you want to add on you just update the playlist in MediaMonkey and apply the changes to the playlist (overwrite it). At which point I recommend you clear the playlists from MediaMonkey library and rescan them. This should take about 10 secs to do and will reflect the changes you made. If you intend to not add a lot you can just copy and past the new music over to the intended folder and then delete the old playlist from your DX100 and copy the updated playlist over to the DX100 Playlist folder (should be the same playlist but with the new music you added to it as well). Once you disconnect your DX100 it will reflect the same playlists but with your new music files added and in the order you put them in. Happy listening. :smile:

You might add this nice "how to....." to the dx100 wiki, it should be helpful...

Sep 4, 2012 at 4:55 AM Post #7,695 of 13,503
Well thanks for all that info Lee, with Media Monkey.

I haven't gone down the route of deleting my DX files and re-syncing with MM, however what has worked for me (for just adding play lists to DX) is this.....

Just create your play lists and "send to M3U/XSPF"......send it to your connected DX and then the play list is there on your DX ready to play!!!......All the songs in the play list are in Alphabetical order, only some problem as previously mentioned and seems to be generic to the DX is that the "play lists" are not listed alphabetically.

Also using MM for this process means you have a back up of your play lists :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back