iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
May 6, 2012 at 7:48 PM Post #5,852 of 13,503
Noticed a few things last night:

1.  The info on the Basic Player is different from the Advanced Player. Its like when I play something from Diana Krall, for example, when I switch back to the Basic Player the info shows from a song by Michael Jackson. I find it a bit hilarious though and it didn't bug me at all since I don't use the Basic Player.

1.  Playlist got deleted again for some unknown reason, I think this is the third time that it happened to me. The first one when I am still using the older firmware, and the other time that my playlist got deleted is right after firmware update. Not quite sure how to replicate it yet but IIRC the last things that I did is to copy a folder to the DX100, disconnected the DX100 from my PC, connected it again and deleted the numbers(01, 02, 03, etc), and other files that are not needed inside the folder and disconnected the DX100 from the PC. After that, I added the new album to my new playlist and once I went to the playlist tab, the playlists are there but all of the contents are deleted. Maybe I should start using Mediamonkey for my playlists.

1.  Also noticed that the bass really improved after burn-in. Although it still lacked impact to my taste, which I don't mind, I like how the DX100 gives that quality bass which I liked. At first, I'm not impressed with the bass it gives to the point of selling it since the T51 actually gives more bass (quality and quantity) than the DX100. Although I still find the mids of the T51 more 'intimate' or 'pure' than the DX100.

May 6, 2012 at 8:31 PM Post #5,853 of 13,503
Noticed a few things last night:

•  The info on the Basic Player is different from the Advanced Player. Its like when I play something from Diana Krall, for example, when I switch back to the Basic Player the info shows from a song by Michael Jackson. I find it a bit hilarious though and it didn't bug me at all since I don't use the Basic Player.

.................snip..................

This is a known issue and is scheduled to be fixed in the next firmware update.

May 6, 2012 at 9:48 PM Post #5,854 of 13,503
The only gripe that I have is, since the firmware update, playing by folders is not available via the directory anymore. This is somewhat troublesome for me as I do not remember album names. My music are stored as Artist > Year > Album Name. 

The preference to play music through folders is I find, no matter how well tagged my FLAC files are and mine are impeccable, I am still getting unknown Artist tags playing music via metadata. Most of these albums are mid 2000 produced when record company were experimenting with data locks on CDs

Hopefully, iBasso can rectify this in the next firmware update. 

May 6, 2012 at 11:32 PM Post #5,855 of 13,503
Quote:
The only gripe that I have is, since the firmware update, playing by folders is not available via the directory anymore. This is somewhat troublesome for me as I do not remember album names. My music are stored as Artist > Year > Album Name. 

The preference to play music through folders is I find, no matter how well tagged my FLAC files are and mine are impeccable, I am still getting unknown Artist tags playing music via metadata. Most of these albums are mid 2000 produced when record company were experimenting with data locks on CDs

Hopefully, iBasso can rectify this in the next firmware update. 

Strange? What format are you using in your tags? If its apple well that may very well be the issue. I'm using all flac and a few select mp3 and my tags are working fine besides a few bugs here and there (bit rate is a little off from the actual songs, and "Time" should be listed as "Length" While "Length" should be listed as "File Size". Other than that my tags are working correctly. Oh and album art isn't showing in stock player although its imbedded correctly.

May 7, 2012 at 12:08 AM Post #5,856 of 13,503
About the playlist, I found that it will be cleared each time when I did some update to the file system, e.g. add/delete/rename some songs. Now I need to delete the playlist and re-create it again after I made the change. This happened both before and after the firmware update.

May 7, 2012 at 12:14 AM Post #5,857 of 13,503
Quote:
About the playlist, I found that it will be cleared each time when I did some update to the file system, e.g. add/delete/rename some songs. Now I need to delete the playlist and re-create it again after I made the change. This happened both before and after the firmware update.

Try and stop and clear the "Media" Process and the "Music Player Process". Then restart the device and wait until it is done reprocessing everything. You can check this in settings/running processes. Once the "Media" process clears your player is ready. I also kill android market and the settings process once this is all done to save battery life and ram. I'm sure that will fix your issue. I had issues with my player not updating and figured out you have to have it do a rescan to make all your new files show up. Also I notice the playlists aren't sorting in alphabetical order as they should be. They are showing up in the order they were synced. This needs to be fixed ibasso in the next update.

May 7, 2012 at 12:18 AM Post #5,858 of 13,503
Lee, thanks for your thoughts! Much appreciated.

All FLAC, EAC ripped. It is such a shame that before before the update, I was able to play via directory and folders. Due to the nature that I store folders it is just really cumbersome for me to look for albums by a particular artist.

When I play from folders now, it just adds the song chosen and unable to play the full album. I can cope with it looking for albums but just takes a lot longer and I am so used to just folder play!!!

May 7, 2012 at 12:22 AM Post #5,859 of 13,503
Quote:
Lee, thanks for your thoughts! Much appreciated.

All FLAC, EAC ripped. It is such a shame that before before the update, I was able to play via directory and folders. Due to the nature that I store folders it is just really cumbersome for me to look for albums by a particular artist.

When I play from folders now, it just adds the song chosen and unable to play the full album. I can cope with it looking for albums but just takes a lot longer and I am so used to just folder play!!!

Hmm I'm confused here. When you play from the directory isn't it giving you the option to play all songs from within that particular folder? It does this for me. Also I can just opt to stay within this folder and change songs accordingly without even using the stock player (which I barely ever use to be honest). I just stay in the directory and shut off the screen. I generally use my playlists now though as its organized exactly how I want it, every single song. Also when I go back into the main playlist directory it stays where I last was and doesn't scroll to the very top like it does in the directory.

Edit:  Load some of your songs into mp3tag and take a full screen shot of the list so I can see what is wrong and help you fix it. Generation girl was having some issues with her files and she uploaded me a couple of them. I figured out what she was doing wrong and her files work fine on the device.

I do see what you mean by the Directory not working as it use to. Before it would only show you the files in the now playing directory which was convenient although I still didn't use this feature. Why not just keep your folder directory up instead of having it on the home player. In this way you are able to change to different files listed in that particular folder which will solve your problem for now at least. The thing is you really can't shuffle though. The only fix for this is to create playlists like me and be done with the directory.

May 7, 2012 at 12:40 AM Post #5,860 of 13,503
Hmm I'm confused here. When you play from the directory isn't it giving you the option to play all songs from within that particular folder? It does this for me. Also I can just opt to stay within this folder and change songs accordingly without even using the stock player (which I barely ever use to be honest). I just stay in the directory and shut off the screen. I generally use my playlists now though as its organized exactly how I want it, every single song. Also when I go back into the main playlist directory it stays where I last was and doesn't scroll to the very top like it does in the directory.

Edit:  Load some of your songs into mp3tag and take a full screen shot of the list so I can see what is wrong and help you fix it. Generation girl was having some issues with her files and she uploaded me a couple of them. I figured out what she was doing wrong and her files work fine on the device.

I do see what you mean by the Directory not working as it use to. Before it would only show you the files in the now playing directory which was convenient although I still didn't use this feature. Why not just keep your folder directory up instead of having it on the home player. In this way you are able to change to different files listed in that particular folder which will solve your problem for now at least. The thing is you really can't shuffle though. The only fix for this is to create playlists like me and be done with the directory.

Thanks very much for the offer and I will do that when I get home tonight.

Will PM you. Cheers

May 7, 2012 at 7:14 AM Post #5,861 of 13,503
Quote:

I share this frustration. I store all my albums by folder and used to be able to play an album through in order by selecting the first track in the folder from the directory, this no longer works...

May 7, 2012 at 8:27 AM Post #5,862 of 13,503
I share this frustration. I store all my albums by folder and used to be able to play an album through in order by selecting the first track in the folder from the directory, this no longer works...

Same here :frowning2:

I've not been one to complain about cover art or playlists. Whilst I'd LIKE to see those sorted, I'll make do (considering the stellar sound quality) with simply playing albums. Therefore, I really don't understand why iBasso BROKE the BASIC FUNDAMENTAL ability to simply select a folder and play its contents in alpha/numerical order. It really doesn't get any more basic than that; it's ABSURD that they've c0ck3d up something so simple and that was already working just fine. Some of us aren't interested in meticulously tagging our music files, iBasso; we just want to play by folder/directory. Am I asking too much..?? [/rant]

May 7, 2012 at 9:20 AM Post #5,863 of 13,503

Same here :frowning2:
I've not been one to complain about cover art or playlists. Whilst I'd LIKE to see those sorted, I'll make do (considering the stellar sound quality) with simply playing albums. Therefore, I really don't understand why iBasso BROKE the BASIC FUNDAMENTAL ability to simply select a folder and play its contents in alpha/numerical order. It really doesn't get any more basic than that; it's ABSURD that they've c0ck3d up something so simple and that was already working just fine. Some of us aren't interested in meticulously tagging our music files, iBasso; we just want to play by folder/directory. Am I asking too much..?? [/rant]

I wonder if this is tagged to well.. um tags somehow. I was just testing mine and if I open a folder and choose a song ... the stock player will continue to play through that folder in order.

However - there are a few files which seem to not tag properly no matter what I do to the tags. If I open a directory with those files in, then it will play the first track and then shoot off to a random one.

One thing I would like is if you browse by directory and start playing - when you hit the library browser button again it should take you back to the directory you just started playing from.

May 7, 2012 at 9:36 AM Post #5,864 of 13,503
For anyone using AWB Launcher (Like me) and needing a battery widget, be sure to check out Widgetsoid. You can set up custom rows of toggles like wifi, bluetooth, brightness etc - but the most notable feature for DX100 users is probably that the player control widgets (previous, play/pause/next) work with the stock music player 
smile.gif

My single home screen 
smile_phones.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back