iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
Jan 28, 2012 at 6:23 PM Post #391 of 13,503

Quote:
I got my unit from JDS Labs which is located here in the USA. Same design but different exterior design. Well I can tell you that I find this amp superior to the Fiio E9 amp and that is a desktop amp so its really good. It does have it quirks though. If they could improve on the volume pot and come up with a digital potentiometer this amp would destroy. It does have slight channel imbalance at very low volume so for very sensitive IEMs depending on what source you are feeding it, can be an issue. But generally this isn't a problem though. It pairs very well with my full size cans. There is no hiss even with my sensitive IEMs. Its actually smaller than I anticipated and I can very well see this thing destroying much more expensive set ups.

The channel imbalance may be due to the default gain settings.  Since I only use IEM's, I had mine set to 1.5x and 3x and I don't have any channel imbalance on 1.5x for any of my sensitive IEM's.

The biggest and most noticeable aspect the O2 is the utterly black background.  Pretty awesome.  Anyway, sorry to go off topic.  Back to living vicariously through all you DX100 owners.

Jan 28, 2012 at 7:22 PM Post #392 of 13,503

Quote:

The channel imbalance may be due to the default gain settings.  Since I only use IEM's, I had mine set to 1.5x and 3x and I don't have any channel imbalance on 1.5x for any of my sensitive IEM's.

The biggest and most noticeable aspect the O2 is the utterly black background.  Pretty awesome.  Anyway, sorry to go off topic.  Back to living vicariously through all you DX100 owners.

Sorry for being off topic but would it be easy to change the gain myself? I'd like to lower it as well.

Jan 28, 2012 at 7:36 PM Post #393 of 13,503
Jan 28, 2012 at 9:35 PM Post #394 of 13,503
Please stay on topic. The one thing about some threads is they contain so much information on something besides the original post that people get discouraged reading through all the posts that do not deal with the original topic, which is one reason I started this one for the DX100. 

Jan 28, 2012 at 11:48 PM Post #395 of 13,503
Anyone get a chance to try the DX100 with UE10's (or similar analytical IEM's)? I have the latter and wonder about the synergy with the former. Thanks for all the info guys - good thread...

Jan 29, 2012 at 3:05 AM Post #396 of 13,503
So far, I have not been getting good battery life from the device and the stock player seems to be consuming battery when paused. 

Jan 29, 2012 at 9:42 AM Post #397 of 13,503
So far, I have not been getting good battery life from the device and the stock player seems to be consuming battery when paused. 

It seems that in the iBasso implementation of the Android OS that momentarily pressing the On/Off button does not put the DX100 in sleep mode, but rather just turns off the screen backlight allowing background processes to remain in operation.

Jan 29, 2012 at 10:38 AM Post #398 of 13,503

Quote:
It seems that in the iBasso implementation of the Android OS that momentarily pressing the On/Off button does not put the DX100 in sleep mode, but rather just turns off the screen backlight allowing background processes to remain in operation.

Probably because of complex connection between android and DX100 hardware part. Besides that DX100 is intended to play music with high SQ, and maybe iBasso team didn't thought that there are people who prefer to put DAP in sleep mode rather to turn it off. But I hope that iBasso with their associates will have ability to repair all those software bugs. As for the hardware part, I see there is nothing wrong besides lack of USB Dac mode like 801 has.

Jan 29, 2012 at 10:57 AM Post #399 of 13,503

Quote:

Which is why if I will not be listening to DX100 for extended period of time, I will shut it down than to leave it in sleep mode. 

Jan 29, 2012 at 11:31 AM Post #400 of 13,503
the clocks alone will chew quite a bit of current and they would have to maintain operation to keep the device ready to wake up. the sabre dac chip is not your average dac, it contains a basic MCU (but the DX100 will have another one to do the OS housekeeping) a DSP section, digital input receiver, oversampling filter etc etc. just keeping this ready for fast start will use a bit of juice and that doesnt even count all the other processes. definitely turn it off if you wont be using it for a while and you dont need to worry about battery cycling with the polymer cells in the DX100 either

Jan 29, 2012 at 11:36 AM Post #401 of 13,503
Which is why if I will not be listening to DX100 for extended period of time, I will shut it down than to leave it in sleep mode. 

Ironically, I have to do this with my Cowon J3, since Cowon screwed-up when implementing the 'sleep' function. It runs TOTALLY flat if left to auto-sleep. This, in spite of having a fantastic battery life during playback, of 30hrs-plus.

Jan 29, 2012 at 1:30 PM Post #402 of 13,503
I am not sure why but for some reason my DX100 now boots up faster after being turned off. At first it would take 45 seconds or a little longer to read the internal storage and external card (which is almost full 32gb) but now it takes about 25 seconds to scan internal and external storage and be ready to play. Fine with me. :^)

I also like that Poweramp, when turned back on, goes directly to the last song played and to where I stopped, even if in the middle of the song and that gapless works great. The one thing it doesn't do is play 24/192 but it does play 24/96. 

Jan 29, 2012 at 1:36 PM Post #403 of 13,503

Quote:
I am not sure why but for some reason my DX100 now boots up faster after being turned off. At first it would take 45 seconds or a little longer to read the internal storage and external card (which is almost full 32gb) but now it takes about 25 seconds to scan internal and external storage and be ready to play. Fine with me. :^)

I also like that Poweramp, when turned back on, goes directly to the last song played and to where I stopped, even if in the middle of the song and that gapless works great. The one thing it doesn't do is play 24/192 but it does play 24/96. 

I have to agree the more I listen to power amp the more Im liking it. I also like neutron player but its too buggy Every few minutes I'm getting an error that my subscription is over (when I paid for this POS). So I'll try and reinstall it again. If it don't work I'm gonna demand for my money back and gladly pay for the Power Amp. It is definitely an improvement over the stock firmware. One of the biggest annoyances though with this player is not being able to access all the icons from either the horizontal view and the vertical view. Its very irritating were sometime I'm trying to click an icon (song for example) and it picks the song above it, below it or not at all). The only way to solve this is to turn the player the other way to make it go vert or horizontal view and then you can select this buggy icon. This also happens with Power Off button a lot. ibasso fixes! :).

Jan 29, 2012 at 2:02 PM Post #404 of 13,503

Quote:
I have to agree the more I listen to power amp the more Im liking it. I also like neutron player but its too buggy Every few minutes I'm getting an error that my subscription is over (when I paid for this POS). So I'll try and reinstall it again. If it don't work I'm gonna demand for my money back and gladly pay for the Power Amp. It is definitely an improvement over the stock firmware. One of the biggest annoyances though with this player is not being able to access all the icons from either the horizontal view and the vertical view. Its very irritating were sometime I'm trying to click an icon (song for example) and it picks the song above it, below it or not at all). The only way to solve this is to turn the player the other way to make it go vert or horizontal view and then you can select this buggy icon. This also happens with Power Off button a lot. ibasso fixes! :).

To be clear, you are talking about the stock player? When you are at an album and trying to pick an individual song, if you tap that song I guess you are saying that the one below or above or none comes up but if you turn the DX horizontal, you can get it to work. Is that basically it? I notice that it is easy to get the song above or below unless I pay closer attention to where I place my finger and then the song does come up that I have chosen, without problem but understandably, there are some bugs and I would imagine these will all be addressed. 

Jan 29, 2012 at 2:48 PM Post #405 of 13,503

Quote:
To be clear, you are talking about the stock player? When you are at an album and trying to pick an individual song, if you tap that song I guess you are saying that the one below or above or none comes up but if you turn the DX horizontal, you can get it to work. Is that basically it? I notice that it is easy to get the song above or below unless I pay closer attention to where I place my finger and then the song does come up that I have chosen, without problem but understandably, there are some bugs and I would imagine these will all be addressed. 

This is not just with the stock player. I'm experiencing these issues on other programs as well. Maybe there is something wrong with my unit. I am tapping the icon clearly and at certain times it will not select the icon I am clicking (keep in mind this is by pressing my finger to the screen and not using my nails). This is with the stock player and with other programs. So in order to select these buggy icons I'll have to turn the player sideways and then it will let me select that icon. This happens a lot to me especially when trying to turn off the device and I am pressing the power off button and it will not press it. Only when I turn it sideways when it exhibits this will it allow me to shut it off. If you are not experiencing this at all then my unit is clearly defective.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back