IBasso DC-Elite . . . The no compromise DAC/AMP with a true Stepped Attenuator
Apr 23, 2024 at 6:54 AM Post #391 of 414
IMO DC elite have a little U shaped tuning compared to other dac. I keep finding Dc elite add treble and bass which is fun sounding overall. Unfortunately if your iem already bright this can increase its brightness. I just tried the D2 , yeah it wasnt much difference from the original. FC6 is very rich sounding and thick from low to top which is quite addicting and enjoyable for long session. But the stage and holographic ability is definitely less than DC elite. I think DC elite is still the more resolving one , i have not met other dongle as resolving as DC elite for now.

OK, perhaps your digital source is adding jitter noise or some other digital artefacts? Its a well publicised fact that noisy digital = brighter sound.

My ie900 sounds great with the DC Elite, not sure if its classed as a bright IEM though? Here is a frequency response graph I found. It does look a bit "spiky" in the 6-12kHz region.

1713869416141.png

Apr 26, 2024 at 6:19 PM Post #394 of 414
IMO DC elite have a little U shaped tuning compared to other dac. I keep finding Dc elite add treble and bass which is fun sounding overall. Unfortunately if your iem already bright this can increase its brightness. I just tried the D2 , yeah it wasnt much difference from the original. FC6 is very rich sounding and thick from low to top which is quite addicting and enjoyable for long session. But the stage and holographic ability is definitely less than DC elite. I think DC elite is still the more resolving one , i have not met other dongle as resolving as DC elite for now.
The Elite is not U shaped AT ALL, its dead flat like any good quality source. It has rather polite and bit warmer trebles, just like IBasso dx320. What sets them apart in favor of the Elite is that the Elite has bit less aggressive midrange (the midrange is not boosted on the dx320, is linear but the dynamics and transients make it bit fatiguing). The Elite is more polite in this area so there is an impression that it sounds more flat in frequency response. What is U shaped is probably your iems.

Apr 26, 2024 at 11:04 PM Post #395 of 414
The Elite is not U shaped AT ALL, its dead flat like any good quality source. It has rather polite and bit warmer trebles, just like IBasso dx320. What sets them apart in favor of the Elite is that the Elite has bit less aggressive midrange (the midrange is not boosted on the dx320, is linear but the dynamics and transients make it bit fatiguing). The Elite is more polite in this area so there is an impression that it sounds more flat in frequency response. What is U shaped is probably your iems.
If you are talking about fei wan i have not receive it yet. I use other devices. What i mean by u shape is that this device add some treble and bass. Im not the only one said this.

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2024 at 5:44 AM Post #396 of 414
Of course can always run it from a dap👍.
AK SR35 and the Elite.
What are the improvements over just the SR35? I'm fine with the SR35 and PB5 combo but the Elite seems to be calling

Apr 27, 2024 at 6:48 AM Post #398 of 414
I agree, I'd say it's a soft U. There's definitely a bass & treble boost. Mids are full enough to not sound recessed.
In comparison, the AK sp1000 (which isnt a typical bright or analytical source) has more treble than the Elite. The Elite seems like it has a slight roll off in the highest registers so to my ears, the Elite is bit warmish.

Apr 27, 2024 at 6:51 AM Post #399 of 414
What are the improvements over just the SR35? I'm fine with the SR35 and PB5 combo but the Elite seems to be calling
Ive auditioned the sr35 for an hour and it sounded very good, nothing to complain about. I havent compared it to the Elite but from memory, the Elite is a definite step up in bass, soundstage and dynamics. The Elite has the WOW factor, its just bolder and more powerful in presentation.

Apr 27, 2024 at 12:54 PM Post #402 of 414
Is the only app available to configure settings (like filter) on this for Android? I see a Windows driver, but there’s no configuration app for Windows?
I have mostly Apple products and one Windows. I put the app on my DX260 and can change the settings on the Elite and they stay there, so for me, it is easy to make changes to the settings.

Apr 27, 2024 at 6:59 PM Post #403 of 414
Anyone compare this to woo tube mini ?

Apr 27, 2024 at 7:04 PM Post #404 of 414
how does dc elite sound compared to hiby rs8?

Apr 27, 2024 at 7:16 PM Post #405 of 414
Would like to see, a.comparison between this and woo audio mini.

Also did I read correctly 690mw power draw from source?
Anyone?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back