IBasso DC-Elite . . . The no compromise DAC/AMP with a true Stepped Attenuator
Apr 18, 2024 at 3:02 AM Post #376 of 411
Dc-Elite is here.

Small problem related to Android, the volume on the phone works with all programs.

But if i try Usb Audio Player Pro, volume don't work on the phone so i can change only with the Dac. And the Dac is good but... a lot of background noise in the volume change...
Perhaps you purchased the wrong dongle, its a great device but due to its specs and features its not for the lighthearted Head-Fier.

1. Don't allow your source to control the volume, it will degrade the sound and you may as well use a different dongle.
2. As @SQ13 has already said the noise and need to readjust the stepped attenuator after choosing the right "step" is a side-effect of the design.

I have no idea if other stepped attenuators have this side-effect but its totally normal for the miniature one in the DC Elite. I can't wait for a DC Elite 2 with a better stepped attenuator and 2 or 4 ROHM DAC's that will be an awesome device. :)

Apr 18, 2024 at 5:43 AM Post #377 of 411
it's probably just the wrong dongle for me. I was thinking of making a major upgrade compared to KA17! but at the moment it is only with some streaming services (where I can manage the volume from the phone)

I'll give it some time!

I wonder though... from my point of view, an object like this was created to be attached to the phone, right?

Apr 18, 2024 at 6:02 AM Post #378 of 411
it's probably just the wrong dongle for me. I was thinking of making a major upgrade compared to KA17! but at the moment it is only with some streaming services (where I can manage the volume from the phone)

I'll give it some time!

I wonder though... from my point of view, an object like this was created to be attached to the phone, right?
A phone yes or a DAP that supports USB digital out. The DC Elite is definitely an improvement in the sound quality compared to the DAC in my Sony A306 and I also use it with the Xduoo x10t ii that one doesn't even have a DAC in it as its designed as a transport only.

Apr 19, 2024 at 7:25 AM Post #380 of 411
Apr 23, 2024 at 3:54 AM Post #383 of 411
I wonder are there any dongle like DC elite but with warmer sound? I find DC elite isnt great pair with brighter iem.

Apr 23, 2024 at 4:01 AM Post #385 of 411
For me it is FC6
Yeah i think this one is currently the best warm dongle that i have tested. I just wish it has more holographic and wider deeper staging like DC elite and more resolving quality.

Apr 23, 2024 at 4:05 AM Post #387 of 411
Have you tried the D2 filter? I'm listening now with Monarch mk3 and it's great (I removed a bit of EQ in the treble area). Great synergy with the denon 9200, which are also bright headphones.
D2? From the DC elite? I have not tweak anything, will try later thanks.

Apr 23, 2024 at 5:08 AM Post #388 of 411
It is n
D2? From the DC elite? I have not tweak anything, will try later thanks.
It is not tweak, it’s iBasso official Android app.
You can choose only D1/D2.
D1 - sharper, D2 - smoother and warmer.
But for sure depends on IEMs.
And for sure it’s not day’n’night difference.

P.S. regarding fc6 - don’t think fc6 not resolving or less staging. Just try.
I have both and like both the same.

Apr 23, 2024 at 5:29 AM Post #389 of 411
I wonder are there any dongle like DC elite but with warmer sound? I find DC elite isnt great pair with brighter iem.
I find the DC Elite has a "reference tuning" which every good DAC/amp should have. Basically flat frequency response between 20Hz and 20Khz, why would anyone require anything any different?

If you find it too bright you are most likely listening too loud. Do people around you in a noisy environment start dancing and singing along to the sound emitting from your IEMs? If the answer is yes then turn it down a little bit.

Apr 23, 2024 at 6:06 AM Post #390 of 411
It is n

It is not tweak, it’s iBasso official Android app.
You can choose only D1/D2.
D1 - sharper, D2 - smoother and warmer.
But for sure depends on IEMs.
And for sure it’s not day’n’night difference.

P.S. regarding fc6 - don’t think fc6 not resolving or less staging. Just try.
I have both and like both the same.
I find the DC Elite has a "reference tuning" which every good DAC/amp should have. Basically flat frequency response between 20Hz and 20Khz, why would anyone require anything any different?

If you find it too bright you are most likely listening too loud. Do people around you in a noisy environment start dancing and singing along to the sound emitting from your IEMs? If the answer is yes then turn it down a little bit.
IMO DC elite have a little U shaped tuning compared to other dac. I keep finding Dc elite add treble and bass which is fun sounding overall. Unfortunately if your iem already bright this can increase its brightness. I just tried the D2 , yeah it wasnt much difference from the original. FC6 is very rich sounding and thick from low to top which is quite addicting and enjoyable for long session. But the stage and holographic ability is definitely less than DC elite. I think DC elite is still the more resolving one , i have not met other dongle as resolving as DC elite for now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back