iBasso D7, True 24Bit/192K USB-DAC (Bit for bit), Asynchronous USB transfer
Oct 19, 2011 at 9:49 AM Post #16 of 30
My guess is that it will be closer to a D6, utilizing a better DAC, and the ability to charge from USB, instead of a separate charger. I don't really follow the HP-P1 comparison either, as this thing is made to work with a computer, like most other portable DAC/AMP combo's.

Oct 20, 2011 at 3:27 AM Post #17 of 30
Nothing in the press release hints to being a DAP transport, it is basically the evolved D4/D6 from the looks of it.

A DAC has a CoAx so it can connect with receivers and other stuff. The D12 had it, even the lowly uDAC has it. This is useful for a PC for instance that has no SPDIF or Coax but needs to hook up to a centralized receiver that feeds someone's speaker setup or something.

Nov 3, 2011 at 4:44 AM Post #18 of 30
Latest news from Ibasso:

"Hi,
Thank you for your email.
We are making a big change on the D7. Please give us a couple weeks.
We are changing the DAC chip to ES9018."

This is ESS Technology's reference 32-bit DAC

Hope they release it soon 
normal_smile .gif

Nov 4, 2011 at 8:49 AM Post #20 of 30

Quote:
Latest news from Ibasso:

"Hi,
Thank you for your email.
We are making a big change on the D7. Please give us a couple weeks.
We are changing the DAC chip to ES9018."

This is ESS Technology's reference 32-bit DAC

Hope they release it soon 
normal_smile .gif

Now we're talking.

Smells good in the kitchen, dose be sum quality muffins.

Nov 4, 2011 at 9:55 AM Post #22 of 30
If it had the amp section of the D6, the inputs of the D12, and was USB powered w/ a 32 bit DAC, that would be SICK. But I'm guessing the fact that its solely powered by USB limits its amp section to that of the D12. When I emailed iBasso, they told me the amp section is going to be "as good as the D12". Not sure if this still applies, as they seem to be changing the product around a bit.

Nov 4, 2011 at 3:54 PM Post #23 of 30
Most would agree the P4 is their best-sounding amp. If it had the P4 amp section with a switchable internal rechargeable battery or external battery. pack that would be the great

Switched to battery power it could have the extra voltage for the stronger amp section. If the voltage for the amp is limited by USB, then maybe the amp could run at a reduced output when switched to USB power.

A larger case would be the only downside...but it's worth it for a truly portable solution that you could optionally use as just an amp without the PC

Dec 3, 2011 at 10:39 PM Post #28 of 30
The plans have changed - http://www.ibasso.com/en/news/show.asp?ID=112

Quote:

D7 Sidewinder:

We have already completed the D7 development. It is in production. We will release it after 10~14 days.
We told some people that the D7 has the ES9018 DAC chip. However, in order to rich our product line to meet different needs, we finally decided changing the DAC chip to another top of line chip, the WM8741.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back