ibasso D3 Review!
Dec 20, 2008 at 11:42 AM Post #106 of 200
Just bought one, hopefully it'll come next week or so.

How many hours of burn in should i do? Is it possible to charge and burn in at the same time? I don't think it comes with an adaptor does it?

Does this run on 5xAAA battery?

Dec 22, 2008 at 7:26 AM Post #109 of 200
i need a usb amp/dac strictly for on the go laptop use. am i understanding correctly that usb only powers the amp and to use the dac and amp at the same time it'd require batteries as well? not so hot on that idea and obviously i want to be using both amp and dac together at all times. just looking to verify this. i'll probably go with 3move instead.

and on a similar ibasso note, what is the difference between the d2 viper and d2 boa? i guess from what i know the viper gave the option of changing out op-amps. as someone who knows nothing about any of that, would there be any difference between a stock viper and boa?

Dec 22, 2008 at 12:31 PM Post #110 of 200
The Viper is no longer available, only 100 were made. It gave the option of changing the sound by using different opamps.

You don't want a amp/dac that operates totally from the USB because the USB power isn't all that clean. You are better off with an amp that runs on battery and the usb dac that runs off of the usb power. The D3 does a great job.

Dec 22, 2008 at 1:24 PM Post #111 of 200
How long does it take iBasso to send out. I got the confirmation of payment but no reply as to when it is going to be sent out. For god know it could be sent out next year..

So the D3 as a DAC only then find a better amp?

Dec 22, 2008 at 1:43 PM Post #112 of 200
Ibasso has great shipping times. From China to the US, most people receive it in under a week. Many have commented in getting amps from them before the tracking number worked.

Dec 22, 2008 at 3:06 PM Post #113 of 200
Well do they email you after it is dispatched?

Dec 22, 2008 at 5:00 PM Post #114 of 200
Quote:

Originally Posted by davidw89 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So the D3 as a DAC only then find a better amp?

I think you will be surprised how good of an amplifier the D3 actually is, I know that I was and still am...it gets better and better. I will be getting a LISA but simply because I want a desktop amp...and have become a head-fi'er.

But I suggest getting some dead soft pure silver cables and a good source and the D3 may be all you need.

Dec 22, 2008 at 7:42 PM Post #115 of 200
so what's the more popular rechargeables for this if no one has a problem using batteries all the time? it just seems weird that i'd be using batteries when a lot of the time i'll be sitting right next to a power outlet but if it's the best option in the price range i'll go for it.

also how does a dac/amp like the move get such praise if it's a usb-only unit? what does it do different from the d3?

Dec 23, 2008 at 12:37 AM Post #116 of 200
Quote:

Originally Posted by xyz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
so what's the more popular rechargeables for this if no one has a problem using batteries all the time? it just seems weird that i'd be using batteries when a lot of the time i'll be sitting right next to a power outlet but if it's the best option in the price range i'll go for it.

also how does a dac/amp like the move get such praise if it's a usb-only unit? what does it do different from the d3?

I'm getting 5 Sanyo Enlopp AAA ones for this. They are simply the best, they last longest and don't die.

Dec 23, 2008 at 1:05 AM Post #117 of 200
Quote:

Originally Posted by jamato8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Viper is no longer available, only 100 were made. It gave the option of changing the sound by using different opamps.

You don't want a amp/dac that operates totally from the USB because the USB power isn't all that clean. You are better off with an amp that runs on battery and the usb dac that runs off of the usb power. The D3 does a great job.

i'm still curious how many people prefer the sound of the move (not to mention the convenience for laptop users) of move over the d3 despite it only using usb over usb/batteries. 5 batteries also kills the idea of an easy and convenient recharge since recharge units/batteries come in 4.

Dec 23, 2008 at 3:26 AM Post #118 of 200
Well you get about 100 hours...if you buy 8-12 eneloops you are set...youll have that extra pair///its only one extra charge cycle or just have one set waiting...and their charge lasts a while. I have read reviews, the move isnt in the same class.

Quote:

Originally Posted by xyz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i'm still curious how many people prefer the sound of the move (not to mention the convenience for laptop users) of move over the d3 despite it only using usb over usb/batteries. 5 batteries also kills the idea of an easy and convenient recharge since recharge units/batteries come in 4.

Dec 24, 2008 at 4:48 PM Post #119 of 200
Quote:

Originally Posted by paulybatz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Larry, being a DJ as well...my verizon phone never interfered with my PA system but cingular/ATT is aweful...it also interferes with my sons baby monitor. Anyway, thanks for helping to sustain my disdain a bit. I will likely keep the D3 and use it as a DAC and figure something else out for portable...or just buy a regular ipod.

Better yet, when you're listening to music...TO AIRPLANE MODE! It would be a slight inconvenience, but if it bothers you enough, probably worth it.

Dec 25, 2008 at 1:32 PM Post #120 of 200
Missed delivery this week. Getting picked up from DHL on saturday. Will let you guys know how it goes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back