ibasso D3 Review!
Feb 17, 2009 at 4:41 AM Post #196 of 200
I finally got out the D3 tonight...had the ipod with silvercab pro LOD and my 2500s...I had a variety of source files, always rip at 320 guys, man what a nice thick sound...that little amp continues to impress.

Just a word of wisdom here, for home listening, especially when you are next you your partner, get some closed phones!!! As I couldnt get more than a few songs before I had to put her away.

Apr 16, 2010 at 11:50 PM Post #198 of 200
^Thanks for checking in with the update. We were waiting with bated breath for the last 14 months.
tongue.gif

Uh yeah, I still enjoy mine too.
smile.gif

Sep 28, 2014 at 11:15 PM Post #199 of 200
anyone still using this? I recently manage to revive mine (it refused to turn on) after spraying considerable amount of contact cleaners inside the amp.

anyone has comparison of the D3 over the newer D4?

Oct 14, 2014 at 2:25 AM Post #200 of 200
  anyone still using this? I recently manage to revive mine (it refused to turn on) after spraying considerable amount of contact cleaners inside the amp.

anyone has comparison of the D3 over the newer D4?

I've got a pretty big review thread on portable DAC/amps and compared them.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/306883/updated-2-22-review-13-usb-dac-amp-predator-pico-2-3move-d10-d3-d2-viper-boa-d1-lyrix-microamp-vivid-v1-nuforce-xm5

EDIT - okay, I just looked and that thread is so long that I'll just get to the main point - the D4 was my favorite of the two by the end of it in 2013 (I updated it over a 3 year period with about 13 dac/amps).  When using upgraded opamps bought from HiFlight the D4 was my first choice over all the DACamps I tested, despite it's poor battery life and no internal charging.  

I pretty much stopped buying DACamps after that, but have switched to the Pico DAC/Pico Slim amp due to the jitter reduction with the iPhone camera connection kit and the improved warmth of the Pico Slim over the original Pico amp.

The D4 is still in my possession and the amp sounds identical to the Pico when stock and like the RSA P-51 when upgraded, but I haven't had much need for it since the DACport is slightly better for laptop use and the Pico DAC/Slim was better for iPhone use.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back