ibasso D3 Review!
Dec 11, 2008 at 4:33 AM Post #92 of 200
Quote:

Originally Posted by Figlio Perduto /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks, that's what i was hoping for, 90-100 hours, that's very reasonable and won't be much of a headache at all. Awesome. *wonders how much the D10 will be.

Edit: also, this Full Potential business, i got one too, how about the D2000? full potentialness there from the D3?

The D3 drives the D2000 well. I have no complaints in that regard. Most of my portables have no problem driving the low impedance D2000, Grados and Ultrasone - it's the 300 ohm HD600 and 600 ohm AKG K240M where a bigger difference can be found in how well they power the headphones. The Pico has the most power for those, followed by the Vivid V1, then D3 and finally the Predator. The HD600 sound nice with the Predator but clipping starts at lower volume levels than with the others, and it can barely drive the 600 ohm AKG K240M past average volume levels (although with no clipping).

Dec 11, 2008 at 6:51 AM Post #93 of 200
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The D3 drives the D2000 well. I have no complaints in that regard. Most of my portables have no problem driving the low impedance D2000, Grados and Ultrasone - it's the 300 ohm HD600 and 600 ohm AKG K240M where a bigger difference can be found in how well they power the headphones. The Pico has the most power for those, followed by the Vivid V1, then D3 and finally the Predator. The HD600 sound nice with the Predator but clipping starts at lower volume levels than with the others, and it can barely drive the 600 ohm AKG K240M past average volume levels (although with no clipping).

Thanks HeadphoneAddict your wealth of knowledge in this field is greatly appreciated, i am gradually learning about ohmage. good times.

Dec 12, 2008 at 1:57 AM Post #94 of 200
Quote:

Originally Posted by dwong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anyone know if the D10 will have USB support? Haven't been able to find much info on it.

I was told by iBasso that the D10 will have USB, Coax, and Optical inputs. Most likely sockets for opamps.

Dec 12, 2008 at 2:07 AM Post #95 of 200
Quote:

Originally Posted by HiFlight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was told by iBasso that the D10 will have USB, Coax, and Optical inputs. Most likely sockets for opamps.

OOh, this sounds like a promising amp/dac to pair up with a squeezebox duet and still maintain a very high performance system with a small footprint.

Dec 13, 2008 at 12:37 AM Post #96 of 200
Still loving the sound of the D3...just the best bargain around, it really cannot be beat!

I wanted to expand my horizons so I decided to try out one of sacd-man's custom cables, being new to this stuff I think you just want to try everything.
I didnt think things could sound better, but they truly and honestly do and I was surprised. Definitely talk with Craig about his cables, they are sweet sounding.

Below is a portion of my review that can be seen here in full:

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f21/si...7/#post5130819

_______
I actually bought a quables silvercab pro LOD from sacd-man...which is great but wanted to expand my line out options in the future so when I got my D3 I bought one of ibasso's female LODs

Craig then made me a special mini to mini using his:
99.999% 22AWG solid core silver, dead soft temper, diamond die drawn, with Teflon insulation. Cryogenically treated through CryoParts.

Elite Pure Silver Cryo LOD - Default Store View

I was A/B ing the cable today with the silvercab pro LOD with my ipod and was blown away at the difference because I was not expecting one to be 100% honest.

Dec 13, 2008 at 2:00 AM Post #97 of 200
Quote:

Originally Posted by HiFlight /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Oh, I may just wait it out another month then on my first purchase for a DAC/AMP and see how the D10's will sound compared to D3's. Hopefully its release price won't be too far off. For now, I'll keep my wallet happy and just enjoy my music through onboard sound.

Dec 13, 2008 at 7:54 PM Post #98 of 200
Quote:

Originally Posted by dwong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh, I may just wait it out another month then on my first purchase for a DAC/AMP and see how the D10's will sound compared to D3's. Hopefully its release price won't be too far off. For now, I'll keep my wallet happy and just enjoy my music through onboard sound.

That's seems a wise decision and I will probably do the same. Also waiting for the Xm5 review.

Dec 16, 2008 at 1:32 PM Post #101 of 200
They say an amp and phones are only as good as your source!
I busted out the Sony single well professional cd player and hooked up the D3.
I borrowed a pure silver 24ga RCA interconnect from my father-in-law and listened to my blue break beats collection. All I have to say is DO NOT write off cd's yet folks!

It sounded nice. I a/b'd a cheap interconnect just to see and it made a huge difference. Crisper sound, more bass, separation and clarity.

Dec 17, 2008 at 7:24 AM Post #102 of 200
Hey guys considering buying this, because it seems like the best bang for buck. Was considering Pico but $500, i could spent half of that on a better headphones (like the HD650..). So in terms of value for money, is this a good buy?

Dec 17, 2008 at 12:26 PM Post #103 of 200
I think it's a great buy. The option of being able to use just the dac or just the amp or both is very nice. The build quality is solid. IMHO

Dec 17, 2008 at 12:52 PM Post #104 of 200
I'm just concerned about the "interfence" problem exhibited here. I 'm not using any phone as a source (just an mp3 player) but i do have like a 3G phone that i carry around (in my bag). Would this affect?

Dec 17, 2008 at 1:55 PM Post #105 of 200
It may, but if it's a problem with the D3 it would be an issue with the others...so I am told.
You can get a shield...I think sacd-man may have them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by davidw89 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm just concerned about the "interfence" problem exhibited here. I 'm not using any phone as a source (just an mp3 player) but i do have like a 3G phone that i carry around (in my bag). Would this affect?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back