iBasso D3 Python
Aug 31, 2008 at 2:53 AM Post #46 of 101
is there any improvement to the amp / dac section over a d2? I am all set to get the d3 but unless there is an improvement besides the battery I don't see why'd it would be worth it.

Aug 31, 2008 at 3:02 AM Post #47 of 101
Quote:

Originally Posted by jamato8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well I am thinking about it. I know there are changes to the circuit and the battery choice can make a difference. The eneloop has an lower internal resistance, which I have found to have a positive effect and it could be the chemistry that also has an effect, maybe.

More to do with the lower internal resistance, probably. NIMH batteries in general are pretty decent for higher current draw applications as it is. The newer chemistry is great just for the fact that it greatly reduces self discharge rates. Even though their overal capacity (mAH) is lower than regular NIMH, they last longer since most applications don't involve heavy use from start to finish in one session in a single day.

-Ed

Aug 31, 2008 at 5:05 AM Post #48 of 101
I see they got rid of the "turn volume knob this way" graphics
evil_smiley.gif

Aug 31, 2008 at 6:22 AM Post #50 of 101
I don't know. I never see my rechargeable batteries below 1.29 volts. They charge to 1.42 volts and run down to 1.29. Not that big a deal but 1.4 X 5 would be 7 volts and the 1.29 would be less but still above the 5 volts.

When will we get an alternatively run machine? I am looking forward to the new batteries that use nano tube technology that will be 10 times the storage of mA's for the same size. Imagine a AA with 10 amps of storage or a AAA with 25 amps of storage. Now there is some run time. They say it will be a few years off though.

Aug 31, 2008 at 6:35 AM Post #51 of 101
Quote:

Originally Posted by jamato8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am looking forward to the new batteries that use nano tube technology

C-n tubes are a major PITA to produce right now. They would probably cost much more than the amp if there was any serious use of the technology instead of a few more mundane tweaks with the nano buzzword thrown on for marketing.

Aug 31, 2008 at 6:56 AM Post #52 of 101
The DAc/Lineout is a nice option for desktop/work stations. I have some active speakers that will be happy to get lineout.
Anyways, I figure my students should develop an ear for Miles asap - it is the path to enlightment - and now at least the SQ will be top-notch too.
I have also found that 'roaming' students avoid my office, as they get subjected to 'wierd music that scares them!'

I'm going to grab an eight pack of eneloop AAA's and the 8 charger, then wait for the postie.

BT

Aug 31, 2008 at 6:59 AM Post #53 of 101
Quote:

Originally Posted by trickywombat /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The D10 will replace the D1
Also coming are the T3 and P3

That would be nice if it retained the optical but was a smaller unit. Also wouldn't hurt if sq was even better although I can't really complain about sq in my rolled D1.

Sep 1, 2008 at 10:43 AM Post #54 of 101
Would be interesting if the batteries are needed if you want to use it just as a standalone DAC. From what I know the DAC of the D2 Viper is simply powered by the USB Bus.

If the D3 would need the batteries to run with DAC only it would kill it for me...

Sep 1, 2008 at 10:45 AM Post #55 of 101
double post... pls delete

Sep 1, 2008 at 3:32 PM Post #57 of 101
The D3 cant roll opamps. Sorry about that.

Sincerely
iBasso Audio

Sep 2, 2008 at 9:04 AM Post #58 of 101
I've recieved my tracking number, can't find it on DHL atm - guess I need to know which service they are using!

Still, time to get excited eh!

Sep 2, 2008 at 9:10 AM Post #59 of 101
Quote:

Originally Posted by BigTony /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've recieved my tracking number, can't find it on DHL atm - guess I need to know which service they are using!

They used EMS when I bought D2 Boa.

Sep 2, 2008 at 10:03 AM Post #60 of 101
Quote:

Dear Sir,
Thank you for your email.
Yes, the input jack becomes to line out when the USB is connected.
If you only need the standalone DAC, you neither need to turn on the D3, nor need to insert the battery, once the USB is connected, you can have the line out.

Sincerely
iBasso Audio

SWEET-NESS

Users who are viewing this thread

Back