Ibasso D2..
Mar 10, 2008 at 8:09 AM Post #513 of 529
Quote:

Originally Posted by circuithero /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have a problem similar to yours. I have a hiss which becomes a greater hiss when touching the unit when using it as a dac. The hiss becomes louder and more noticeable with volume.

The Problem I have only happens with my computer, the popping happens sporadically and the hiss happens in the left then right ear then stops.

Mar 10, 2008 at 8:19 AM Post #514 of 529
Quote:

Originally Posted by fyxim /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hello,
We are very sorry.
we just detected a problem. One of our dealer placed a special order of D2, which has very high gain setting, +13/+21, we mixed them with some of the preorder D2. Unfortunately, you got one of this. Therefore, your D2 has very high gain setting, if you have any uncomfortable or you dont like the current gain setting, you can sent it back to us via USPS express shipping, we will pay for the shipping cost, and return it to you ASAP.
If you have any question about this, please dont hesitate to contact us.
Please accept our appologize.

Sincerely
iBasso Audio
frown.gif

so hwo are we suppose to differentiate from the ones that we have.

also, i found out that when you turn the volume knob past 1200, the volume increase becomes very minimal.

Mar 10, 2008 at 9:08 AM Post #515 of 529
Quote:

Originally Posted by TSi /img/forum/go_quote.gif

also, i found out that when you turn the volume knob past 1200, the volume increase becomes very minimal.

I'm pretty sure iBasso was able to track the production number and see which exact ones were the "special" ones. Btw does anyone know how iBasso pays for the shipping? Do they just refund you the difference?

Mar 10, 2008 at 9:48 AM Post #516 of 529
Quote:

Originally Posted by circuithero /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm pretty sure iBasso was able to track the production number and see which exact ones were the "special" ones. Btw does anyone know how iBasso pays for the shipping? Do they just refund you the difference?

they can just always paypal u back. u probably need to show a proof of shipping price (through scanning ur receipt or something)

Mar 10, 2008 at 12:57 PM Post #517 of 529
Quote:

Originally Posted by fyxim /img/forum/go_quote.gif
frown.gif

Yep, got this message as well overnight.

What exactly is the drawback to the higher gain? I'm not noticing much if any hiss or noise, and frankly the amp sounds wonderful with my most commonly used headphones (IM716's, KSC75's and SR60's).

I'm leaning towards "if it ain't broke don't fix it" here, but I'd appreciate the feedback of someone who has more knowledge about these things (i.e. higher gain settings).

Mar 10, 2008 at 1:35 PM Post #518 of 529
Quote:

Originally Posted by TSi /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I've found the same thing. Although I havent gotten an email stating that I have a High gain unit. But back to back testing of my D2 vs P2, Im inclined to think I have a high gain D2.

Mar 10, 2008 at 2:14 PM Post #519 of 529
I also have the high gain unit and I am experiencing a lot of buzz with my Klipsh Image. When I touch the unit the buzz gets even louder. Regardless, I am definitely sending my unit back to get the one with the lower gain settings.

Mar 10, 2008 at 3:16 PM Post #520 of 529
Quote:

Originally Posted by greenzee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yep, got this message as well overnight.

What exactly is the drawback to the higher gain? I'm not noticing much if any hiss or noise, and frankly the amp sounds wonderful with my most commonly used headphones (IM716's, KSC75's and SR60's).

I'm leaning towards "if it ain't broke don't fix it" here, but I'd appreciate the feedback of someone who has more knowledge about these things (i.e. higher gain settings).

If you like it, don't change it.
tongue.gif
It really is a matter of preference. If you don't notice any problems with your amp with hiss and buzzing and such, don't do anything with it.

Mar 10, 2008 at 3:18 PM Post #521 of 529
Are you sure that it only affects the pre-orders? When did you guys, having one with high gain setting, order?

Mar 10, 2008 at 3:18 PM Post #522 of 529
Quote:

Originally Posted by onlychild /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I also have the high gain unit and I am experiencing a lot of buzz with my Klipsh Image. When I touch the unit the buzz gets even louder. Regardless, I am definitely sending my unit back to get the one with the lower gain settings.

Yes high gain will do that with very sensitive headphones. Also, are you experiencing this even when you turn on the amp? I get a buzz when I turn off the amp and EVERYTHING is plugged in (AC, USB, headphones).

Mar 10, 2008 at 3:36 PM Post #523 of 529
iBasso feels that the higher gain unit will not yield as good a sound. The circuit is the same as the P2 so if someone compares the two and feels the P2 is better then that would most likely be the reason. I have no idea who would need that high a gain unless they are working with a very low output source.

Mar 10, 2008 at 3:42 PM Post #524 of 529
Do you think the reduced gain will drive high impedance headphones? The "high" gain version is working with my HD650's, but as others have mentioned the volume control is not linear (past 12 o'clock).

Mar 10, 2008 at 3:47 PM Post #525 of 529
No matter what you are only going to get so much power out of the D2 and after that it will clip. Using higher gain in some situations, i.e. where your source has a low output, will help that but it doesn't give you more power it only amplifies the incoming signal more. The P2, which has normal gain settings, powers my 650's just fine so the D2 at a normal setting would also, or as much as it can.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back