Ibasso D2..
Mar 2, 2008 at 6:48 PM Post #376 of 529
Quote:

Originally Posted by jamato8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No, it requires 12 volts in for the charging circuit. Also the USB circuit for DC and the amp DC are separate, which is a good thing for sound as long as the DC from the USB is cleaned up because sometimes the DC from a USB has many artifacts riding along on the DC. From my experience so far with the Predator the USB being powered with the USB is fine.

So if I gather correctly: While it doesn't charge off of USB, the amp can be fully powered off of a USB port? Or will there still be additional drain on the batteries? Anyone know roughly what the battery life is like?

Mar 2, 2008 at 6:52 PM Post #377 of 529
When using the USB you need to either use the adapter for the amp or run it from the battery internal to the amp. The run time should be around 15 to 20 hours depending upon phones used unless iBasso decreased the mA draw of the amp section and then it would be longer.

Mar 2, 2008 at 6:55 PM Post #378 of 529
Quote:

Originally Posted by MONVMENTVM /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah once in the D2 R&D Report they said that only the first 100 will be with DIP sockets... but if you look on their new produkt page it says as a feature that it has DIP sockets for rolling opamps. That's why CountChoculaBot and me thought they may changed their mind about it and also the future productions of the D2 would have the sockets. Would be nice.

Anyway I hope I'll get one with the sockets
smily_headphones1.gif
. Do you think that there've already been more than 100 (pre-)orders?

I doubt they have sold 100 D2's allready. I think we all will be gettin the DIP version of it.

Mar 2, 2008 at 6:55 PM Post #379 of 529
Ah i see, thanks for the clarification.

Mar 2, 2008 at 7:22 PM Post #382 of 529
Quote:

Originally Posted by souperman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Shoot an e-mail to every ibasso e-mail to find out.

I sent them an e-mail since I didn't get a confirmation that they received my address confirmation and phone #. Oh, and I asked them when my D-2 Viper (long name D2 or Viper?) would ship
very_evil_smiley.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaw007 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I paid on feb 2-2008
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks, I just may be at the end of the pre-order line

Mar 2, 2008 at 7:28 PM Post #383 of 529
Quote:

Originally Posted by meusickfrek /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I sent them an e-mail since I didn't get a confirmation that they received my address confirmation and phone #. Oh, and I asked them when my D-2 Viper (long name D2 or Viper?) would ship
very_evil_smiley.gif

D2-Viper
tongue.gif

Mar 2, 2008 at 8:03 PM Post #385 of 529
I have contacted them before ive preordered. (Feburary 28th, lol, 1 day b4 shipping, so still considered preorder)

They said that I would be getting one of the 100 DIPs... so if you are earlier or close to my order date, u should have no problem getting one of the DIP socket Vipers.

Mar 2, 2008 at 8:58 PM Post #386 of 529
Quote:

Originally Posted by jamato8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
When using the USB you need to either use the adapter for the amp or run it from the battery internal to the amp. The run time should be around 15 to 20 hours depending upon phones used unless iBasso decreased the mA draw of the amp section and then it would be longer.

hmm... I think I don't understand exactly. What type of adapter do you need?

I don't need it to charge from USB, but it would be nice if it could be simply used as a DAC without needing the power supply (or batterypower). Is it capable of this?

Mar 2, 2008 at 9:07 PM Post #387 of 529
Quote:

Originally Posted by MONVMENTVM /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hmm... I think I don't understand exactly. What type of adapter do you need?

I don't need it to charge from USB, but it would be nice if it could be simply used as a DAC without needing the power supply (or batterypower). Is it capable of this?

The power adapter runs and charges the amp. The usb runs the DAC and does not charge the amp. No you can not use the DAC by itself, (is there an echo in here?)
very_evil_smiley.gif

Mar 2, 2008 at 9:12 PM Post #388 of 529
Quote:

Originally Posted by meusickfrek /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The power adapter runs and charges the amp. The usb runs the DAC and does not charge the amp. No you can not use the DAC by itself, (is there an echo in here?)
very_evil_smiley.gif

OK that makes it clearer. Though it sucks if I always need to take a power adapter with me when I want to use it as DAC/amp for my laptop. Doesn't the pico just run from the USB power?

Edit: btw. I am sorry to say but your explanation is still a bit unclear. What do you mean with the usb does not charge the amp? Does it mean that it doesn't charge the _battery_ or does it mean that it also is not able to _run the amp_ from usb?
And I understand that I can't just run it as DAC because it is in fact an amp with built-in DAC...

Mar 2, 2008 at 9:24 PM Post #390 of 529
Pico is battery powered. Charging is done with a walmart but it is fully functional without the power adapter.

Power adapter charges the battery

USB carryies audio data to the Viper or Pico for that matter. USB has nothing to do with powering the units.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back