ibasso D2+ replacement
Nov 27, 2011 at 8:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

inego

Head-Fier
Arrgh! In just happily throwing my ibasso D2+ into my bag, I seem to have broken the "charge" on/off switch by pushing it into the unit, so will need a replacement.

Now, I've been happily listening for a while and lost track of the "bang for buck" portable amp discussions. I actually don't need a DAC -  I bought the ibasso cheapish off a fellow head-fier to see what difference an amp would make to my ipod classic/UM3X rig.

So, in the $70-$200 range, what are the best options for my replacement amp ($70 being the E11 in Australia)? If I was being cheap, would the E11 be a big disappointment after the Ibasso, especially with the UM3X?

Nov 27, 2011 at 8:58 PM Post #2 of 7
I feel the e11 was a great amp for the price.

Nov 27, 2011 at 9:08 PM Post #3 of 7

Quote:
I feel the e11 was a great amp for the price.

Thanks - my only concern is, having scanned the E11 threads, the hiss noted given that I'm using the UM3X. I haven't noticed any with the ibasso, so introducing it by saving a few bucks doesn't seem a good idea. But if it's really not a major issue with the E11, $70 is a great price.

Nov 28, 2011 at 7:54 PM Post #4 of 7
Just a bump on this, and maybe I should have titled it better - what is currently the best portable amp (no DAC) up to $200, and what is the best value for with accurate IEMs such as the UM3X?

Nov 28, 2011 at 10:02 PM Post #5 of 7
Just a bump on this, and maybe I should have titled it better - what is currently the best portable amp (no DAC) up to $200, and what is the best value for with accurate IEMs such as the UM3X?

I can highly recommend the iBasso T5!

Nov 28, 2011 at 10:30 PM Post #6 of 7
Thanks - before I bought the D2+ I'd almost pulled the trigger on a T3D, so a T5 would be logical.

Is my thinking that an amp alone is (or at least ought to be) better than an amp+DAC at the same price point?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back