iBasso D2+ quick questions
Jan 18, 2011 at 6:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

kmanmx

100+ Head-Fier
Hello, I have just ordered an iBasso D2+ Boa with a Line-Out Dock connector. I am aware that you can use it just as a DAC, AMP or DAC+AMP. Although i am a little confused how i use each one. I have had Sennheiser HD650's, Grado SR125's and now some ATH AD700 headphones before. But never a headphone amp or dac. I understand exactly what a DAC and AMP do, i'm just a little confused on how the D2+ chooses between the 3. My primary use was going to be with my iPhone 4, using the line out. Where to my understanding it will then just be on AMP mode. But what about when i plug it into my PC via USB. Will that be DAC& or just DAC, and if so, is it my computer powering the headphones in that case ? If someone could clear it up a bit i'd be very greatful ! Thanks

Jan 18, 2011 at 11:33 PM Post #2 of 5
Dac only: plug in via USB and use the Aux in/out jack for output to another amp/preamp/etc.
amp only: plug in your iphone with LOD into the aux in/out jack and your headphones into the headphone output jack for listening
amp + dac: plug in through USB and use the headphone output jack for listening

I hope that helps.
(Correct me if I'm wrong.)

Jan 22, 2011 at 1:47 PM Post #5 of 5
I guess that will be because it's no longer FOTM after the D4 and D10.I use one every day as a dac driving a cyrus1 amp with some old Castle speakers,on the pc and with sr325 phones.I will keep it until it blows up,I don't see a reason to upgrade .Having said that,if i am mobile i prefer the mini3,but i don't think you can beat the D2+ as a VFM dac /amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back