iBasso D2: Boa Review (56K i shall slay thee!)
Jun 20, 2008 at 12:58 PM Post #46 of 116
Glad everything worked out for you. Hope my amp gets delivered correctly.

Jun 20, 2008 at 4:38 PM Post #47 of 116
Quote:

Originally Posted by hockeyb213 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
nice nice yeah I can't wait I just wish ibasso would improve their website and customer service a tad so when you buy they send an invoice along with tracking info after it is sent. But as long as it gets here I don't mind
smily_headphones1.gif

well this is a new website - the opened it up a few weeks ago, so it still needs work.

kinda bad planning to release the boa and a new site at the same time.

Jun 21, 2008 at 2:49 AM Post #49 of 116
I was thinking of buying an Ibasso amp to increase the bass quality/quantity of my Zune 80 with RP-21 headphones. Would this amp be a good choice for that or is this the wrong kind of amp for what I'm looking for?

Jun 21, 2008 at 4:06 AM Post #50 of 116
Quote:

Originally Posted by Casca /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nah, I have my ibasso now. Seems they have to handwrite the shipping info from anything outside of the USA and the UPS guy was telling me he thought the "U" was an "A"...I looked at it, looks like a "U" to me, but whatever, I have it now. Why it has to be handwritten, I don't know and looks like the guy that got my ibasso delivered to his door opened it as well, which I think is pretty messed up to do. If I got a shipment from UPS to my front door that I was not expecting and it doesn't have my name on it, I would not open it, because I know damn well it's not mine.

On the bright side, everything is there, looks great and sounds even better. I only have a really crappy headphone right now till either the Denon D2000 or Grado SR80 comes in, but running it off the ibasso with USB has improved the sound on the crap headset tremendously compared to using my X-fi soundcard. I am liking it.

That wasnt UPS that opened it that would be USA Customs. Everything I have ever ordered that came from outside the USA is always very carfully opened and re-packaged. The D2 Boa was the same the packing tape was very carefully cut with a razor and then retaped on the sides to reclose it. Gotta make sure none of them Terrorists be sending anything to us =P

Jun 21, 2008 at 11:15 AM Post #51 of 116
they do the same in the uk and australia i think for anything that looks 'suspicious' when it gets x-rayed. Most electrical things can hide drugs so they open them up.

In fact every time i go through airport security i have to demonstrate that my reference is a headphone amp and not some trigger or dastardly radio or something.

Jun 22, 2008 at 6:29 PM Post #52 of 116
Quote:

Originally Posted by MentalEclipse /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was thinking of buying an Ibasso amp to increase the bass quality/quantity of my Zune 80 with RP-21 headphones. Would this amp be a good choice for that or is this the wrong kind of amp for what I'm looking for?

my friends got some rp-21's and ive used the zune 80 --> boa --> rp-22x combo and it tightens up the bass (22x's are really bassy) i would imagine it would do the same with rp-21's, and for the price you really cant beat it.

next time i see him ill try out the 21's with the boa

Jun 22, 2008 at 6:42 PM Post #54 of 116
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nihility /img/forum/go_quote.gif
my friends got some rp-21's and ive used the zune 80 --> boa --> rp-22x combo and it tightens up the bass (22x's are really bassy) i would imagine it would do the same with rp-21's, and for the price you really cant beat it.

next time i see him ill try out the 21's with the boa

Thanks a lot. This amp is looking really great so far.

Jun 23, 2008 at 6:53 PM Post #55 of 116
After spending the weekend with my new boa, using it with my 225's and PK2's (simply awesome). The question has come, will it drive those HD650's, or the HD600's, how about the AKG 701's. I have some D2000's closed cans coming which should be no problem for the boa, but how about the hard to drive cans. Any boa owners out there been using it to with the hard to drive cans. Thanks for your input.

Jun 23, 2008 at 7:08 PM Post #56 of 116
Tried among others the Denon d2000 and akg 701 last friday. In respect to the 701's, I had to push my nano/boa to 2 o'clock for my normal listening level.

Jun 23, 2008 at 7:14 PM Post #57 of 116
Quote:

Originally Posted by Geir /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Tried among others the Denon d2000 and akg 701 last friday. In respect to the 701's, I had to push my nano/boa to 2 o'clock for my normal listening level.

Were the 701's driven up to their potential? Thanks

Jun 24, 2008 at 3:55 PM Post #60 of 116

Users who are viewing this thread

Back