iBasso D10. .UPDATES 1st page, with Current Opamp Choices by HiFlight . . . images page 1, 12, 13, 14, 15, 21, 71
Jan 24, 2010 at 4:36 PM Post #3,798 of 4,153
Sorry if this has been covered but my head is spinning with all the opamp numbers (I am new to portables).
I have RE0's and want the combo from the stock opamps that give the RE0's a chance at sounding fuller (more bass, warmer, etc.).
Which stock combo does this best? When answering, assume I know nothing about opamps other than how to put them in.
Thanks

Edit: Current setup is 8656 with dummy buffers

Jan 25, 2010 at 12:04 AM Post #3,799 of 4,153
I just completed modifying my D10 to Black Gates under Super E configuration. The initial listening experience sucks. Well, I only have about 8 hrs now. There is that airyness around each note and pleasing punch on the bass but, overall, it sounds like a tin can. I have the TopKit installed. When I had the caps that came with D10, it sounds wonderful.

It looks like a long shot to make the Black Gates change their sound signature. Will they really change that much after 500-1,000 hrs?

Jan 26, 2010 at 6:44 AM Post #3,802 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by toads /img/forum/go_quote.gif
oh jesus, mary and joseph YES...!!!

Ok, made me feel better.

I noticed that turning off the gain setting in the D10, iZotope, and QO Labs Studio Sound Effects improved it a lot. The sound signature is now totally different from what it was. Perhaps I don't need the software tweaking anymore. That will be great.

Jan 27, 2010 at 2:54 PM Post #3,803 of 4,153
Can someone tell me what kind of USB cable we need with the D10? lost my cable while traveling and now trying to figure out if it makes a difference between usb and usb 2.0 cable.
I have a usb 2.0 cable, would that work? also would it be OK to use it with the charger that comes with the D10?
I know it's a pretty lame question to ask but really have no idea, so thanks in advance.
also, any recommendations for a good, decent usb cable for sound quality? thats not going to cost a fortune..

Jan 27, 2010 at 3:20 PM Post #3,805 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by goebish /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Any USB mini-B cable should work.

thanks goebish!

Jan 27, 2010 at 9:12 PM Post #3,806 of 4,153
HEllo,
I just got my new d10 with topkit and I must say that I prefer it over the d4, that is with my sennheiser ie8 which is the only thing I intend to use it with.
I must say htough its a nightmare to uncover the optical plug. How are you supposed to get the plug out. For the life of me I cant remember how I did this last time I had the d10.
Greetings, Anouk,

Jan 27, 2010 at 9:54 PM Post #3,807 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by Anouk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
HEllo,
I just got my new d10 with topkit and I must say that I prefer it over the d4, that is with my sennheiser ie8 which is the only thing I intend to use it with.
I must say htough its a nightmare to uncover the optical plug. How are you supposed to get the plug out. For the life of me I cant remember how I did this last time I had the d10.
Greetings, Anouk,

What do you mean by uncovering the optical plug? Just insert and pull out. I didn't understand, I am sorry.

Jan 27, 2010 at 10:10 PM Post #3,809 of 4,153
Quote:

Its just when i try to insert an optical cable there it wont stay put.

Are you trying to plug a TOSLINK optical plug or a mini optical (3.5mm) ?
The D10 requires TOSLINK plug for optical.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back