iBasso D10. .UPDATES 1st page, with Current Opamp Choices by HiFlight . . . images page 1, 12, 13, 14, 15, 21, 71
Aug 31, 2009 at 2:06 PM Post #3,227 of 4,153
depends on which version, the 250 ohms might be a bit much, will be driven ok, but you are better off using more efficient headphones with portables IMO. only portable i've heard that can drive these type of cans is my Lisa III and even then they could be powered better. the ibasso OEM amp will have enough power, but no dac.

Aug 31, 2009 at 4:41 PM Post #3,228 of 4,153
Quote:

thanks! I see the fiber optic cable connector but I don't see the coaxial connector... and another thing... on the ibasso instructions paper it comes with, it says the ibasso usually takes only 6 hours to charge. Under what voltage? On the adapter plug it comes with it says input:ac100v-240v 5060hz/0.1a An from what I understand a friend of mine in korea said that their voltage there is 240v. I know we don't do 240v in the Us....Because I have been charging it for the last day and it isn't charging for very long. Got any solutions?

Aug 31, 2009 at 5:38 PM Post #3,229 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawaiiancerveza /img/forum/go_quote.gif
thanks! I see the fiber optic cable connector but I don't see the coaxial connector... and another thing... on the ibasso instructions paper it comes with, it says the ibasso usually takes only 6 hours to charge. Under what voltage? On the adapter plug it comes with it says input:ac100v-240v 5060hz/0.1a An from what I understand a friend of mine in korea said that their voltage there is 240v. I know we don't do 240v in the Us....Because I have been charging it for the last day and it isn't charging for very long. Got any solutions?

My solution is to use one of these
shop.brando.com
It also charges my iRiver H140, Sansa Clip, Nokia N800, iPhone, Fiio E5. Up to 5 items at the same time and all through the use of 1 wall outlet. It also includes swappable travel adapters.

Aug 31, 2009 at 6:36 PM Post #3,230 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by qusp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
depends on which version, the 250 ohms might be a bit much, will be driven ok, but you are better off using more efficient headphones with portables IMO. only portable i've heard that can drive these type of cans is my Lisa III and even then they could be powered better. the ibasso OEM amp will have enough power, but no dac.

Ahhh, I was hoping someone would at least lie to me so I could just finally buy this thing
wink.gif
. Are there any desktop dac/amps under $400 that'll do the job for me then? HD555, Phonak PFE, SR60, DT880. Wrong place to ask probably, I'll post in the desktop amp section.

Edit: The idea of having the D10 seems to be growing on me quite a bit. I hear that the D10's DAC is pretty damn good for the price and I was wondering if a D10 as a DAC + something like a Little Dot MKIII would be a suitable solution for something like the DT880's. Then using the D10 by itself for portable use or even with the other cans. I was also looking at the Corda Cantate.2.

Aug 31, 2009 at 7:43 PM Post #3,231 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by rebski /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My solution is to use one of these
shop.brando.com
It also charges my iRiver H140, Sansa Clip, Nokia N800, iPhone, Fiio E5. Up to 5 items at the same time and all through the use of 1 wall outlet. It also includes swappable travel adapters.

Thanks for the help Rebski. Only one problem...lol we were banned from receiving via UPSP...lol my mother in-laws dog attacked the mailman. I don't see any options for sending.

Aug 31, 2009 at 10:47 PM Post #3,234 of 4,153
thats insane, I am curious about these opamps that make it replicate a predator. Is that identical sound?

Aug 31, 2009 at 10:58 PM Post #3,235 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by DoYouRight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
thats insane, I am curious about these opamps that make it replicate a predator. Is that identical sound?

The stock opamps are very similar to the Predator, but it's still a little less aggressive or energetic than the real thing. When I used the D10 optical DAC with internal amp, and then switched to using the D10 optical DAC feeding the Predator, there was more detail and space vs the Predator DAC, but very little change in sound between the two amp sections with the same source.

Aug 31, 2009 at 11:54 PM Post #3,236 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by csommers /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't see how they can ban you from receiving mail. I'm pretty sure that not delivering mail is a punishable offense.

Sorry but they have the right to refuse delivering mail via UPSP if the host has been warned and not complied. On top of that the dog attacked the mailman. My father is also a post office worker and he warned us that it would happen if we didn't take action. To bad my in-laws are too stubborn to listen thus resulting in the ban. We can still get packages via FedEx and UPS but the post office has banned us and forced us to get a P.O. Box or forward our mail to another address. Not many places send to P.O. Boxes too.

Sep 1, 2009 at 9:07 AM Post #3,238 of 4,153
So I've been without good audio for quite a while, and while I wait for my HF-2's to arrive, I started to get antsy to try out the D10 that I've had sitting in it's box for the last few weeks.

Only problem is that all I have for headphones are a pair of earbuds that came with my Sansa Clip. However, feeling desperate for music, I figured I'd give the D10 a whirl anyways, even though I'm having a helluva time trying to get my computer configured for audio.

So I plug in the crappy earbuds and...you've got to be kidding me. I may have to re-evaluate my perception of the varying importance of components in the audio chain. I am shocked by the sound I'm getting out of these earbuds. Quite a ringing testament to the D10. I am biting my nails for the chance to use it with a real set of headphones.

The difference between the headphone out of the Clip and the D10's headphone out is 'shocking'. I guess I expected it to be better, but in no way would I have predicted that there would be so dramatic a difference.

Makes me wonder about some of the folks that are running really nice custom IEM's straight out of a DAP. I've heard some folks talking about how "all you really need for high end monitors is a DAP". I'm sure it's adequate for truly portable situations, but I fear those people may be cheating themselves.

Very impressed with the D10!!

Sep 1, 2009 at 10:08 AM Post #3,239 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawaiiancerveza /img/forum/go_quote.gif

i thought ibasso was chinese :S

Users who are viewing this thread

Back