iBasso D10. .UPDATES 1st page, with Current Opamp Choices by HiFlight . . . images page 1, 12, 13, 14, 15, 21, 71
Aug 6, 2009 at 6:51 PM Post #3,076 of 4,153
The very first Bling Bling Mod on the D10

Blue LED
BlueLED.jpg

How does it sound ? It is just bluer, and more Beautiful
Tested with Bluer than Blue by Livingston Taylor, Chesky Records

Wounder would they void my warrenty.

Aug 6, 2009 at 7:41 PM Post #3,077 of 4,153
Just wanted to chime in! My D10 came in on Monday (six days shipping to Alabama). Quality piece of gear. Loving it attached the the computer via USB and my W3s. Really, really like what it's done using the CB03 LOD from my 2G Touch. It is thoroughly enjoyable again (I had sort of soured on the Touch after comparing it to my Clip, both un-amped).

Wish I had some sort of optical source to play with (besides the Xbox 360, which is in a media cabinet and hard to access).

Now on to my search for full-size headphones. Always open to suggestions, this place (especially Headphone Addict
atsmile.gif
) has been dead on so far.

Aug 7, 2009 at 11:44 AM Post #3,079 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by Paddy855 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I only so far use the D10 with my Westone 3's and among all the opamps provided stock by iBasso I found that with the AD8656 in LR and LMH6643 as buffers the D10 sounds best with the W3: Extremely fast, tight and articulate throughout the whole spectrum with the mids slightly forward (possibly due to boosted upper mids) and crisp clean detail with excellent instrument separation. Soundstage is also considerably wider than with the D10's stock configuration. I will receive new opamps from HiFlight soon and I am sure to find other lovely options in them.

I have just tried this combination and it works much much better with the Shure srh840's than the 8656/bypass that I was using earlier... that combination had too much midbass bloat and the vocals sounded veiled. The AD8656/LMH6643 also seems to improve the tightness of the bass and lifts the veil. In fact, this combination brings the phones closer to the MS1's that I have, but with much added bass.

EDIT: 8656/8532 is even better!! More bass, but still crispy highs

Aug 7, 2009 at 1:34 PM Post #3,080 of 4,153
Double Bypass buffers

For user who like the sound of AD8656 and Bypass buffers you should try this

Double Bypass buffers.
BoubleBypass.jpg

It sound warmer and there are less sibilance and bass is tighter as well, compared to the bypass buffers that comes with the amplifier.

This one is really easy to make as well just solder a small wire joining pin 2 and 3, and another joining pin 5 and 6 on an empty socket.

Using the single buffers supplied by the factory The output resistance between the L/R amp and the headphone is about 6 ohm. Using the double buffers it is reduce by half or about 3 ohm. Allowing the L/R amp better control of the phone.

This combination sound really good. It is very good for battery life as well.
But is only suitable if you have an easy to drive IEM or headphone.

Aug 7, 2009 at 3:13 PM Post #3,081 of 4,153
Oooo.. another nice mods
smily_headphones1.gif
... I think I can use the RJ45 CAT 6's cable core for the purpose
smily_headphones1.gif

Thank you, my friend.

Aug 7, 2009 at 8:47 PM Post #3,082 of 4,153
I am discovering new sound now with my new Topkit AD744 rolled in in my BGNX modded D10 and ESW10. Very nice. I find the sound very close to RSA P-51; much improve as compared to when I had my AD743 in it. Though the bass is deeper with P-51 but not by much. I have no motivation of setting up iRiver -> D10 -> P-51 -> ESW10. I am not sure if it is the AD744 or the BGNX mod or all the above that made the difference. I hate to put the AD743 back in as I will scratch my BG caps. even more.

Aug 7, 2009 at 9:54 PM Post #3,083 of 4,153
File off the inside lip that is digging into the BG's as you slide the board in and out. By filing this protruding inner section everything will slide in and out very easily and the caps won't come to harm. The Black Gates do make a difference in the ultimate quality of sound.

Aug 9, 2009 at 3:41 PM Post #3,085 of 4,153
Distortion largely depends upon the voltage of the input signal. Try using a line-out from your player into the D10. It should easily handle the standard voltage from a line-0ut source.

Aug 9, 2009 at 4:10 PM Post #3,086 of 4,153
okay so I play around with the d10. I plug usb->d10->headphone out and turn the knob pass 12 o clock and then I hear distortion. Then I plug my source to the aux in/out and my headphone to headphone out then turn the knob again and I start hearing distrotion after 1 o clock. That is a little better.

Aug 9, 2009 at 4:45 PM Post #3,087 of 4,153
How full is your battery?
I get distortions esp. at higher volume when the battery drops under a limit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back