iBasso D10. .UPDATES 1st page, with Current Opamp Choices by HiFlight . . . images page 1, 12, 13, 14, 15, 21, 71
Mar 30, 2009 at 2:16 AM Post #1,621 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by qusp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
what do they give you; a toslink to toslink cable or a mini to toslink cable?? apparently mine is with the delivery courier yay

With the courier? It Sunday and evening. :^)

Mar 30, 2009 at 3:30 AM Post #1,622 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by jamato8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
With the courier? It Sunday and evening. :^)

not here it isnt
tongue.gif
I guess you still havent got your head around the fact that this is an international forum hey?? LOL. its 1.26pm Monday here in OZ

Mar 30, 2009 at 3:59 AM Post #1,623 of 4,153
Quote:

not here it isnt
tongue.gif
I guess you still havent got your head around the fact that this is an international forum hey?? LOL. its 1.26pm Monday here in OZ

I have lived a number of places around the world but wherever you go, there you are. Sure I knew where you are. Now get busy and get some of them there toads.

Mar 30, 2009 at 5:17 AM Post #1,624 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by jamato8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have lived a number of places around the world but wherever you go, there you are. Sure I knew where you are. Now get busy and get some of them there toads.

hehe..not so many of them here in Brisbane, but plenty up north. besides I like to lick them, why would I kill them??? jk

Mar 30, 2009 at 5:27 AM Post #1,625 of 4,153
Quote:

what do they give you; a toslink to toslink cable or a mini to toslink cable?? apparently mine is with the delivery courier yay

d10_1.jpg

Toslink-toslink. The D1 also came with a coax cable.

Mar 30, 2009 at 1:22 PM Post #1,626 of 4,153
OMG!!! this little thing rocks; running t via coax from my RME FF400 if this is what my portable rig is gonna sound like once I get the sysconcept, i'm wrapped even before I try with lisa. Blowing my mind with Juno reactor as I type.

a couple of things though; my front panel already had a small scratch on it straight out of the box on the face too. I dont want to pay to send it back and I dont want to be without it while I wait. have asked if they could just send me a new faceplate. I wouldnt mind so much, but the resale value took a hit even before I used it. I just sold my pico after having it for 7 months without one scratch, I look after my stuff.

also a more trivial thing. the mini to mini cable is one of the funniest things I think i've ever seen
tongue.gif

Mar 30, 2009 at 1:28 PM Post #1,627 of 4,153
bass impact is unheard-of for a portable through lisa... just tried now.

should really be burning in the amp, but the dac is so nice. pity I cant run-in the amp at the same time through my IEMs. the dac is still beaten by my RME, but so it should be at over $1300USD the DAC performance of the RME is above the D10, but the headphone out on the D10 is slightly better with low impedance HPs. the RME run to the lisa from lineout is superior, but for portable i'm very happy.

so far I like it straight out of the box, although it really did show quite marked improvements in the bass in the first 5-6hrs of burn-in. when I first plugged it in it was nice, but a little peaky and bass was a bit polite. but just now before I swapped to the lisa the slam was getting there and the rest was opening up a bit. still much better through the lisa though

Mar 30, 2009 at 7:33 PM Post #1,629 of 4,153
I use it with my powered pc speakers when I'm in the home office. My speakers don't have a volume control and the Windows Vista master volume control dont work with the D10 so I plug the cable to the speakers in to the headphone out and so use the D10 as a preamp using the volume control on the D10 and it sounds very good and better than the D1 in the same setup did.

Mar 30, 2009 at 8:01 PM Post #1,631 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by nc8000 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I use it with my powered pc speakers when I'm in the home office. My speakers don't have a volume control and the Windows Vista master volume control dont work with the D10 so I plug the cable to the speakers in to the headphone out and so use the D10 as a preamp using the volume control on the D10 and it sounds very good and better than the D1 in the same setup did.

So since my speakers have a volume control, I would just plug it into the aux out then? If you have speakers and headphones plugged in, would it just default to the headphones then or play through both? Thanks.

Mar 30, 2009 at 9:34 PM Post #1,632 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mystere /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So since my speakers have a volume control, I would just plug it into the aux out then? If you have speakers and headphones plugged in, would it just default to the headphones then or play through both? Thanks.

If you have a separate speaker volume control, then the aux out is the way to go.

Since the D10 has an internal automatic "switch" to determine the proper input/output to use, your unit may be confused by having the aux out and the headphone out both plugged in at the same time. You will have to try it out and see if it's a problem.

Mar 30, 2009 at 9:57 PM Post #1,633 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by wolfen68 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you have a separate speaker volume control, then the aux out is the way to go.

Since the D10 has an internal automatic "switch" to determine the proper input/output to use, your unit may be confused by having the aux out and the headphone out both plugged in at the same time. You will have to try it out and see if it's a problem.

I thought that if both were plugged in, the unit would go to the aux out and turn off the headphone jack...?

Mar 30, 2009 at 10:09 PM Post #1,634 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by HK_sends /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's cool! I didn't realize the D10 would work with speakers.

-HK sends

it'll work with any thing that has a line level input, no way would it work if it had to amplify the speakers, but with anything that works under its own power then its all sweet. aux/line out is def the way to go for this though.

Mar 30, 2009 at 10:37 PM Post #1,635 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by woof07 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I thought that if both were plugged in, the unit would go to the aux out and turn off the headphone jack...?

If headphones are connected they disable line out

Users who are viewing this thread

Back