iBasso D10. .UPDATES 1st page, with Current Opamp Choices by HiFlight . . . images page 1, 12, 13, 14, 15, 21, 71
Mar 10, 2009 at 6:52 AM Post #1,336 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by npcraig /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I contacted iBasso and they sent me 3 questions/steps to try. These were my responses, maybe you guys may know something.

1, does the optical output jack has dust on it, if so, clear it please.
---I have used compressed air to clear any dust, the D10 is only a week or so old and I keep it very well kept.

2, are you using other optical cable? try another one please.
---I have tried both the cable that came with the D10 and a mini->toslink cable with my Macbook both produce static sounds. I have also tried different headphones.

3,, If you have any other device that has the optical out, pleae try it as well.
---I tried the other device with the other cord with static still the case. I also tried the USB through my Macbook and it also has static now. Only the AUX IN produces no static.

I forget, are you using the stock opamps? Has it been opened? Are you positive the battery is full?

Mar 10, 2009 at 7:00 AM Post #1,337 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I forget, are you using the stock opamps? Has it been opened? Are you positive the battery is full?

I have tried the stock opamps but right now I have the 8656 opamp and stock buffers (both stock and 8656 setups have static eventually). Currently I have turned it off to fully charge the battery. The battery was at 100% 13 hours ago and I have been charging it up since the static started too.

The static starts off very minimal but grows until it is incredibly loud, usually just being present in the left or right side only (left side currently).

Mar 10, 2009 at 7:20 AM Post #1,338 of 4,153
I know I got static with my OPA627, and assumed it was a battery issue. Then it happened the first time I tried the AD746, but when I went back to the AD746 a second time a day or two later I didn't have the static.

Could it be a poorly seated opamp?

Also, you didn't break off the ground spring under the PCB when putting it back together, right?

Mar 10, 2009 at 7:29 AM Post #1,339 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by TopQuark /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just place an order even if the site shows out of stock. Some here are getting them in 5 days!

X2. I placed an order and paypaled them the money on March 9, and today, I received DHL Tracking ID. Their website might be no being updated for some time.

Mar 10, 2009 at 7:53 AM Post #1,340 of 4,153
Quote:

I know I got static with my OPA627, and assumed it was a battery issue. Then it happened the first time I tried the AD746, but when I went back to the AD746 a second time a day or two later I didn't have the static.

Could it be a poorly seated opamp?

Also, you didn't break off the ground spring under the PCB when putting it back together, right?

I tested it again and no static.. yet. I opened it up again the spring is still in place and the opamps seem to be alright, I checked everything and put it back together again and no static yet still.

iBasso has said that I can send in the D10 back to them and just scan the post office receipt and email it to them and they will send a new one once they get the email. The service really is amazing. I'll let you guys know if the static starts up again.

Mar 10, 2009 at 9:57 AM Post #1,343 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by Anouk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hello, hmmm there seem to be some quality control issues with the d10, although because it is opened such a lot by so many people this might be a cause too. I think ibassos warranty is great though.
Greetings, Anouk,

I've only heard of a couple of D10 going bad, and that has to be out of at least 100 sold.

Mar 10, 2009 at 12:16 PM Post #1,344 of 4,153
Quote:

I've only heard of a couple of D10 going bad, and that has to be out of at least 100 sold.

I have been following this thread since the start, and i have a feeling the bust D10's are still in the below 5% range, which is quite ok for any kind of electronics.

Mar 10, 2009 at 12:31 PM Post #1,345 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by coolbluewater /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is the D10 currently available? I'm totally on board with op-amp rolling but Ibasso's website is saying it's still out of stock.

HeadphoneAddict, great reviews and dedication; I'm getting alot from your efforts - many thanks! But it'll be your fault re: my wallet
icon10.gif

as somebody else said. they are currently not in stock, but they are making them very quickly. So they won't ship out the day you order it, but probably in a week.
they should probably explain that so some people don't wait, or lose potential customers

Mar 10, 2009 at 1:03 PM Post #1,346 of 4,153
I ordered mine yesterday from there website. The only kind of confirmation I received was the usual PayPal money transfer receipt. Is this typical? I'm just hoping my order went through correctly since I didn't receive any sort of automated confirmation from iBasso.

Mar 10, 2009 at 2:02 PM Post #1,347 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by bakhtiar /img/forum/go_quote.gif
X2. I placed an order and paypaled them the money on March 9, and today, I received DHL Tracking ID. Their website might be no being updated for some time.

hmm - now im wondering! i ordered and paypaled on the 7th, and havent heard back from them
frown.gif
however, my credit card sure has heard from them...

Mar 10, 2009 at 2:26 PM Post #1,348 of 4,153
How about email your problems to service@ibasso.com. They replied my emails in 1 or 2 days.

Mar 10, 2009 at 2:57 PM Post #1,349 of 4,153
dont stress about receiving your orders from ibasso, they are just a touch tardy at times when it comes to updating their website or replying via mail on occasion.

Everyone who has paid for any item from ibasso will receive it, and usually within a weeks time frame.

as every one keeps saying, they are making orders as they come in, so there isn't some huge backlog and a month waiting time.

I agree though, updating the website to in stock wouldn't hurt if they more or less are up to speed with everything after their new year hols.

Mar 10, 2009 at 3:01 PM Post #1,350 of 4,153
Thanks for the email address. I sent them an inquiry just to make sure they received my order correctly. Now to play the waiting game...
beyersmile.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back