iBasso D10. .UPDATES 1st page, with Current Opamp Choices by HiFlight . . . images page 1, 12, 13, 14, 15, 21, 71
Feb 27, 2009 at 8:05 PM Post #1,141 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I reported in my review that early in the burn-in, via optical DAC is was not as smooth as the Pico and Predator, with a sound signature and detail that were more like the D3 (although the D3 was smooth). That all got better with time.

Ah, so you guys aren't using the coax; you're using the optical input.

Feb 27, 2009 at 8:12 PM Post #1,142 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by woof07 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I don't have anything portable that has coax out except a portable Akai DVD, but the kids use it so I don't have it as a portable source most of the time.

Feb 27, 2009 at 8:40 PM Post #1,143 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by woof07 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I've been testing all inputs except for the normal line in, and I have to say I like coax best.. so far, it hasn't reached 100 hrs yet. Coax seems to give a slightly more 'tuby', warmer & wider feel as optical from this 1 source - a digital TV/Radio receiver/HD recorder (UPC Mediabox HDTV).

Would be nice to have some sort of portable (prefab) source with coax & optical, same size as the D10 max..

Feb 27, 2009 at 9:17 PM Post #1,144 of 4,153
You can convert to any optical to coax but you have to know how to wire it. It isn't hard but on portable stuff I don't want to have the extra connection to worry about.

Feb 27, 2009 at 9:37 PM Post #1,146 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have had no change in sound charging while listening or when listening while touching it. 95% of my listening has been with the amp running 24/7 and with the charge switch flipped on, and a small portion has been to run the battery down for a test.

I meant I could hear a strong hiss by touching the dap like if I became the ground when the d10 was charging, taking off the usb cable from d10 everything was normal!

Feb 27, 2009 at 10:08 PM Post #1,147 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by jamato8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I guess the silver is more of a champagne. It is my lack of refinement that sways me to to say silver rather than "champagne". I used to drink wine and 7up together as a kid, and got drunk on Ripple when in dry dock in San Pedro while in the Navy due to boredom. What do I know of this champagne stuff? :^)

In "defense" of immtbiker, champagne was the official name for that color and it was used for units sold in Europe (and maybe other places). All the retail units in the US were black.

I own both colors, but it doesn't matter to me as they all look the same wearing an iskin....

Feb 27, 2009 at 10:11 PM Post #1,148 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by wolfen68 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
In "defense" of immtbiker, champagne was the official name for that color and it was used for units sold in Europe (and maybe other places). All the retail units in the US were black.

I own both colors, but it doesn't matter to me as they all look the same wearing an iskin....

Color of what?

Feb 27, 2009 at 10:16 PM Post #1,150 of 4,153
Oh he doesn't need to be defended. I feel much better now that I identify mine as champagne rather than silver. I feel like I have taken a step up in the hierarchy or scheme of things.

Also, I was joking but then I have been accused of having a rather dry sense of humor to a questionable one. :6)

Feb 27, 2009 at 10:16 PM Post #1,151 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by Luca T /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I meant I could hear a strong hiss by touching the dap like if I became the ground when the d10 was charging, taking off the usb cable from d10 everything was normal!

I dont get hiss but low level hum. This is clearly a grounding issue as my electrical installation is not grounded. I had a similar problem in my main rig when going single ended but that was solved by using an IsoTek power unit

Feb 27, 2009 at 10:26 PM Post #1,152 of 4,153
Yeah John!

Get off my case, toilet face.
wink.gif

I'll see you in court
biggrin.gif

Feb 27, 2009 at 10:27 PM Post #1,153 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by nc8000 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I dont get hiss but low level hum. This is clearly a grounding issue as my electrical installation is not grounded. I had a similar problem in my main rig when going single ended but that was solved by using an IsoTek power unit

Yes, sorry I mistook with english, it was a hum/rustle like an electrical one!

What is IsoteK unit?

Feb 27, 2009 at 10:30 PM Post #1,154 of 4,153
Oh he doesn't need to be defended. I feel much better now that I identify mine as champagne rather than silver. I feel like I have taken a step up in the hierarchy or scheme of things.

Also, I was joking but then I have been accused of having a rather dry sense of humor to a questionable one. :6)

Strange, this posted twice. I must be nervous. I hate court dates.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back