iBasso D10. .UPDATES 1st page, with Current Opamp Choices by HiFlight . . . images page 1, 12, 13, 14, 15, 21, 71
Jan 21, 2009 at 1:41 PM Post #122 of 4,153
Chinese New Year is the biggest festival in mainland China, it will start from coming Sunday as New Year eve (25-Jan-2009) when everyone has to return home for family reunion dinner and stretch up to 09-Feb-2009 on 15th day of Lunar calendar.

So if you order D10 from iBasso right now, expect to receive delivery around Valentine day.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ypoknons /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Chinese New Year is huge on the mainland so they're probably all trying to crowd onto incredibly packed trains to get back to their families for the holidays, letting the office slide a little.

Jan 21, 2009 at 2:23 PM Post #123 of 4,153
eek.gif
Oh Well, Happy Chinese New Year!

Edit:...Wait a minute, I've been given a tracking number already so mine must have shipped. Here's hoping it hops out of China superfast on top of a celebratory firework or something.

Jan 21, 2009 at 2:58 PM Post #124 of 4,153
Does anybody have any thoughts on whether I can *get by* using the D10 to pair with D7000s. Or would I be completely wasting my time. I'm not looking to get 100% out of the Denons right now, just fairly nice sound.

I was researching home amps that I was going to go ahead and get. But, some last minute bargains turned up and I opted to get those instead as well as the D10 which a bit of an impulse buy. Any thoughts?

Jan 21, 2009 at 4:08 PM Post #125 of 4,153
Thank you for your blessing though the New Year festival last only 2 days in my country.

I suggest rolling opamp once you have received D10 to match with D7000 headphone. I have done opamp rolling with iBasso P3 Heron for AKG K701 headphone, the result is quite satisfactory and the rolled P3 even equal some of desktop amps I have auditioned.

In case when you could not find appropriate opamps to drive D7000, then consider other home amplifiers.

Jan 21, 2009 at 5:33 PM Post #127 of 4,153
wondering how will the dac compare to y1 dac.

Jan 21, 2009 at 5:55 PM Post #129 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kon-Masti /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does anybody have any thoughts on whether I can *get by* using the D10 to pair with D7000s. Or would I be completely wasting my time. I'm not looking to get 100% out of the Denons right now, just fairly nice sound.

I was researching home amps that I was going to go ahead and get. But, some last minute bargains turned up and I opted to get those instead as well as the D10 which a bit of an impulse buy. Any thoughts?

Denons do well out of high current SS amps, and most portables drive them well. Synergy is not the same with all of them, and some do a better job than others. The D3 Python is better than D2 Boa for example.

Jan 21, 2009 at 6:30 PM Post #130 of 4,153
They will have more D10's in the middle of Feb.

Jan 21, 2009 at 6:41 PM Post #132 of 4,153
I wondered that about another amp they sold out on and they told me they sell a lot in Japan and other countries so as they get better known and their product gets more appreciation, which it seems to get, they sell at greater numbers. I think in general testing the water for a product is also smart.

Jan 21, 2009 at 8:11 PM Post #134 of 4,153
Contact Joseph at Sys.concepts. You need a right angle toslink to toslink and a toslink to mini (for the iRiver). The length is determined by the bend, which is about 3cm tip to tip. The length of the cable is figured out by this. Just tell Joseph you will be using it with an iBasso D10 and an iRiver h120. I also got mine without the metal ends, just heat shrink on each end. He knows the size as I just ordered from him.

So you need a right angle toslink to toslink and a toslink to mini and then the cable.

Jan 21, 2009 at 10:14 PM Post #135 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by jamato8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Contact Joseph at Sys.concepts. You need a right angle toslink to toslink and a toslink to mini (for the iRiver). The length is determined by the bend, which is about 3cm tip to tip. The length of the cable is figured out by this. Just tell Joseph you will be using it with an iBasso D10 and an iRiver h120. I also got mine without the metal ends, just heat shrink on each end. He knows the size as I just ordered from him.

So you need a right angle toslink to toslink and a toslink to mini and then the cable.

Since we don't have an actual D10 to measure the exact distance (yet), I ordered a 4 cm tip to tip cable..since I don't mind a little extra slack. The old D1 was a 2.5 cm tip to tip length to get to the iriver (with the iriver on top).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back