iBasso D10. .UPDATES 1st page, with Current Opamp Choices by HiFlight . . . images page 1, 12, 13, 14, 15, 21, 71
Jan 10, 2009 at 4:59 PM Post #31 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by dazzer1975 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Gonna be a tough decision which configuration to go for.

Unless, the dac/amp combo unit is able to bypass the amp section if wanted?

Looks like others are making the same mistake I made. The original post's first sentence or two is describing the features of a single unit to be offered. There is only one configuration...the (reputedly $275) model that has an amp and DAC. It is then the user's choice to use the amp only, DAC only, or both at once.

On a separate note, it would be great if this unit had all connections on the front (which I doubt), and used a mini-toslink optical port.

Jan 10, 2009 at 6:45 PM Post #32 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by wolfen68 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Looks like others are making the same mistake I made. The original post's first sentence or two is describing the features of a single unit to be offered. There is only one configuration...the (reputedly $275) model that has an amp and DAC. It is then the user's choice to use the amp only, DAC only, or both at once.

The op's post is ambiguous, but good to know it can be used as a dac, amp or both.

Jan 10, 2009 at 8:26 PM Post #33 of 4,153
I should be getting one in about 2 weeks if everything goes well. I am really excited at the improvements achieved since the D1 first came out.

If the rest of the iBasso product line is any indication this should be a very good product. Time will tell, I can't wait.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 11, 2009 at 1:05 AM Post #34 of 4,153
On power, most phones require around 10 to 20mW of power, it is the heavy bass that soaks up current. For most listening, and phones that aren't real inefficient, 100mW's is normally more than enough. Just like speakers, most of the first 5 watts is all that is required and often just a couple of watts. Loud and heavy bass will take more, without a doubt, unless something efficient, which is where I have normally stayed.

Jan 11, 2009 at 5:59 AM Post #36 of 4,153
Time to move to optical lineout for my iriver =). Is D10 opamp rollable?

Jan 11, 2009 at 6:13 AM Post #37 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by theory_87 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Time to move to optical lineout for my iriver =). Is D10 opamp rollable?

I don't think so. They feel they have optimized the sound. Actually I am tired of rolling opamps and prefer the manufacture to figure it out. I still do some with my new Xin Mini but have it running with a AD8656 and like the sound.

Having a small amp/dac with optical like the D10 is exciting to me again. I liked the D1 ok but wished it was smaller and now. . . it is with improvements.

Jan 11, 2009 at 5:35 PM Post #38 of 4,153
jamato8 I really like the AD8656 in the Mini and in the LE. It has lots of punch and retains an open/airy detail not possible w/ the AD8616. IMO it is also nicer than the AD8397.

BTW, iBasso confirmed the inputs/ouputs on the D10.

Quote:

Hello, Mr.Arroyo,
Yes, the D10 has USB, optical, coaxial, and AUX inputs.
Yes, the has a line out function, it can work as a standalone DAC.

Sincerely
iBasso Audio

Jan 11, 2009 at 5:44 PM Post #39 of 4,153
Yes, done right the AD8656 is the most 3D and musical, to my ears. I have used them on and off for some time. I am using one in the seminewest Mini right now.

Jan 11, 2009 at 6:18 PM Post #40 of 4,153
The D10 is to have sockets for opamp rolling.

Jan 11, 2009 at 7:38 PM Post #41 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by HiFlight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The D10 is to have sockets for opamp rolling.

That would be nice as I know what i would use but it was indicated to me that it was fixed.

Jan 12, 2009 at 4:56 AM Post #42 of 4,153
Not necessary ibasso had done all it work to make it the best sound. P3 is a very good example. After caps and opamp rolling, it sound better that sr71a to my ear.

Jan 12, 2009 at 12:08 PM Post #43 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by slwiser /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Jamato8, do you know how the D10 is going to be different in design and construction from that other project that you are to get a preview amp called fi.Quest? I know the DAC itself is not in the fi.Quest.

From what I know the amp section is different than the fi/Quest. Well in fact I know it is different. The D10 operates at a little less than 5 volts and the fi.Quest will operate at much higher voltages and current output.

Edit:

Great, they will have sockets on the D10, which they weren't going to do but only certain defined opamps can be used or you will blow the circuit. They weren't going to have sockets but will see how it goes.

Jan 15, 2009 at 5:31 PM Post #45 of 4,153
The D10 will also come with extra opamps in kit form, like the P3, so you can roll opamps. Pretty nice.
There are a few sensitive chips so always ground yourself before changing opamps to get rid of any static electricity or you will fry the chips.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back