iBasso D1 new revision Op-Amps
Dec 8, 2007 at 11:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

n00bler

100+ Head-Fier
I recently ordered an iBasso D1 and it arrived with LT 6241 on dac, LT 1364 L/R, and LMH6643 for buffers.
All smt with soic-dip adapters, and yes, there are still dip sockets perfect for op-amp rolling underneath.

Thought some curious minds might like to see what the new iBasso D1's ship with.
roll.gif

ibasso_d1_rev2.jpg

Still looking for buffers to match the AD797's, might bypass them altogether.

Dec 9, 2007 at 12:16 AM Post #3 of 11
The AD797s sound great with bypassed buffers.

Dec 9, 2007 at 1:19 AM Post #4 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by HiFlight /img/forum/go_quote.gif

what does that mean?
confused.gif

i'm n00b to this opamp rolling world

Dec 9, 2007 at 1:26 AM Post #5 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bozz_Keren /img/forum/go_quote.gif
what does that mean?
confused.gif

Buffer is something like a gain 1 op-amp (not quite but general gist) that stabilizes the output/input impedance (depending on where it is positioned). Generally aim is to make output impedance as close to 0 is possible. Not necessary since op-amps usually already have an integrated buffer circuit as part of the design, but could be beneficial =]

Dec 9, 2007 at 1:39 AM Post #6 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bozz_Keren /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Quote:

Originally Posted by HiFlight /img/forum/go_quote.gif

what does that mean?
confused.gif

You remove the op-amps used as buffers.
wink.gif

You can get a dummy op-amp from Dr. Xin (transit time
frown.gif
)

Alternatively, I believe you can just short pins 1-3 and 6-8, could someone verify?

Dec 9, 2007 at 4:59 AM Post #7 of 11
ah, so i just don't put opamps in the buffer pin? and put some dummy instead?

Dec 13, 2007 at 3:14 PM Post #8 of 11
Hi n00bler -

I am considering the pruchase of a D1. How long did it take for delivery from time of order to your door? Did you order from the iBasso site? Also - were you happy with the service

Many thanks,

John

Dec 13, 2007 at 3:21 PM Post #9 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by n00bler /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You remove the op-amps used as buffers.
wink.gif

You can get a dummy op-amp from Dr. Xin (transit time
frown.gif
)

Alternatively, I believe you can just short pins 1-3 and 6-8, could someone verify?

You short pins 1-3 and 5-7 for dual opamps.

Remember, pins are numbered like this:

I use a Radio Shack dip socket and just use small jumper wires in it, rather than trying to install the jumpers directly into the amp socket.

That makes the jumpers much easier to remove and replace.

Many opamps output enough power that they can be used without buffers. Often the sound is better with fewer devices in the signal path.

Just try it both ways and decide which you like better.

Dec 21, 2007 at 8:56 PM Post #10 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by jpstereo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi n00bler -

I am considering the pruchase of a D1. How long did it take for delivery from time of order to your door? Did you order from the iBasso site? Also - were you happy with the service

Many thanks,

John

I ordered directly from the iBasso website, and from order date it only took a week
biggrin.gif

I didn't have any questions or problems for/with iBasso, so I can't comment on customer support other than how speedy the international shipping was.

The power adapter is a bit cheap, and does cause noticeable noise in my D1 at certain volumes. It hasn't bothered me enough yet to buy a replacement though (read the big D1 thread, other owners have had success with a new wall wart), plus I typically run off the battery anyway.

Dec 21, 2007 at 9:10 PM Post #11 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by n00bler /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I ordered directly from the iBasso website, and from order date it only took a week
biggrin.gif

I didn't have any questions or problems for/with iBasso, so I can't comment on customer support other than how speedy the international shipping was.

The power adapter is a bit cheap, and does cause noticeable noise in my D1 at certain volumes. It hasn't bothered me enough yet to buy a replacement though (read the big D1 thread, other owners have had success with a new wall wart), plus I typically run off the battery anyway.

I charge and run mine from my Tekkeon battery. Works great (I use two in parallel).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back