Ibasso D-Zero vs. D2 Boa
Aug 22, 2011 at 4:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

hma101

New Head-Fier
Hey everyone,

I just recently bought the D2 Boa from Ibasso's website. A few days after my purchase I saw that Ibasso has released the D-zero, which appears to have the same guts as the D2 only it's cheaper.

I emailed the company to see if they could tell me the what's the difference between the two. This was their response:

"Hi,
Thank you for your email.
Actually, both of the DAC section and AMP section on the D2+ are better than the D-Zero's. On the DAC sectoin, the D2+'s is better tuned. On the AMP section, the D2+ has buffer section but the D-Zero doesnt have.
Other than this, the D2+'s case is solider.

Sincerely
iBasso Audio"

Anyway, just thought you might like to know...

Aug 23, 2011 at 11:03 AM Post #2 of 4
Yeah, there are lots of amp options from iBasso -- guess they are trying to fill all the niches.

Not to hijack your thread, but I'm interested in a comparison of the D2+ with the Fiio E11, whether the SQ difference is discernable enough to justify the increase in price.  (BTW, I use the Ety ER-4P, so I'm hearing nearly every detail possible!)

Aug 23, 2011 at 12:41 PM Post #3 of 4
I actually had the e11 for a while. They were very good, but were not neutral. They were too dark sounding, overemphasizing the lower midrange. Soundstage was lacking. Bass boost only emphasized the lower end of the spectrum and caused my M50s to rumble against my ears without making any extra sound (kinda cool). I ended up returning them and getting the D2. I'm still burning it in but so far they're fairly neutral with slightly recessed highs. Imaging is good, but soundstage is about average. They're definitely an upgrade from e11, though.

Aug 24, 2011 at 7:39 PM Post #4 of 4
Though the AD8656 puts out a respectable amount of power, so the buffer isn't exactly required unless you're pushing less efficient cans.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back