iBasso D-Zero USB-DAC and AMP, for only $109
Aug 31, 2011 at 11:40 PM Post #17 of 28
I think I'm going to order one. The price isn't bad at all and I've got a company trip coming up at the end of the month, and if I have to put up with the sound out of my laptop I'm going to go crazy. 

Might pick up a LOD as well and see how well it pairs with my iPod too!

Sep 1, 2011 at 6:46 PM Post #18 of 28

Quote:
^ thanks for the picts, looks slimmer than I thought. and not square as the uHA4. 

what other DAC+AMP would you be comparing it, Mrarroyo?

Well, lets see 
confused.gif

wink.gif

iBasso P4 w/ TopKit
iBasso PB1/DB1 Combo fed from iRiver H120 w/ 80 GBHD
Leckerton Audio UHA4

I could use a bunch of other portable amps I have like MiniBox-ES, Xin's Reference (last version using modules C5 or D5).

Sep 4, 2011 at 11:39 AM Post #19 of 28
Earlier today I realized I had not used the D-Zero as a DAC only. So about 3 hours ago I started feeding a Graham Slee Solo SRGII w/ PSU1 using the 1/8" out of the D-Zero.  I am using a copper Kimber Kable 1/8" to RCA interconnect. For headphones I am going back and forth between a HiFiMAN HE300 and a Sennheiser HD580.

Sep 8, 2011 at 1:37 PM Post #23 of 28
I just received mine, thanks iBasso! I've done some very quick ABX tests and I think I prefer this to my E7 already. While it has almost the same internals as the E7, everything simply sounds a little cleaner and open so far. I feel that the amp, similar to the one in the E7, is a bit stronger. I'll hold the rest of my thoughts for my full review sometime next week.

Sep 8, 2011 at 8:07 PM Post #25 of 28
Sorry guys but I have been swamped with work and have not had an opportunity to truly devote the time needed to compare the D-Zero. From informal listening I am more than impressed by both the DAC and the Amp sections. The AD8656 op-amp is a very nice sounding unit which I really liked with the Xin's amps. Actually I preferred the 8656 over the 8616 op-amp.

Sep 10, 2011 at 12:23 PM Post #27 of 28

Quote:
I finished my review of the D-Zero! Come see my impressions on it here.

thanks for the impression. now I'm very tempted to buy 1....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back