iBasso D-zero crashing my Samsung S3 t-1999 in ICS Touchwiz
Mar 25, 2013 at 9:08 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

sevens906

New Head-Fier
Now I know i am first time poster, never had an issue i couldn't figure out, but as a novice audiophile i can't seem to figure this out. I recently bought, well stated above an iBasso D-zero for my s3 at first it worked flawlessly but now i can't seem to prevented it from killing my smartphone. Now by killing it i mean that i have to plug it into the wall before i can boot it up again (which boots like if it was low in battery but isn't and then turn it off and on to boot back to android) and i have tried having the smart phone both and off before plugging it in, having the d-zero, on and off when plugging it in, and yes i made sure not to have the charge switched on. Finally i was wondering if anyone has come across a particular issue were this happened to them. either way i sent an email to ibasso and hopefully they can fill me in and i'll let you guys know. 

Mar 26, 2013 at 1:19 AM Post #4 of 10
yeah i completely cleared my devik/cache/system restore used a new rom and updated it to latest legitimate update and it still causes my device to crash

model no. t999
android version 4.1.1
baseband version t999uvdljc
kernel version 3.0.31-274808

Mar 26, 2013 at 3:33 AM Post #8 of 10
Turns black, buttons non-responsive? Try it in a dark room. Then you'll be able to see if the screen shuts off or if the screen goes black. 2 different things, kinda.

I still think some of the brilliant developer minds have an idea what is happening, even if they don't have the solution.

Reboot into recovery, make a backup, and try a different son ROM that uses a different kernel. With a backup, reverting is easy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back