1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

iBasso D-zero crashing my Samsung S3 t-1999 in ICS Touchwiz

Discussion in 'Portable Headphone Amps' started by sevens906, Mar 25, 2013.
  1. sevens906
    Now I know i am first time poster, never had an issue i couldn't figure out, but as a novice audiophile i can't seem to figure this out. I recently bought, well stated above an iBasso D-zero for my s3 at first it worked flawlessly but now i can't seem to prevented it from killing my smartphone. Now by killing it i mean that i have to plug it into the wall before i can boot it up again (which boots like if it was low in battery but isn't and then turn it off and on to boot back to android) and i have tried having the smart phone both and off before plugging it in, having the d-zero, on and off when plugging it in, and yes i made sure not to have the charge switched on. Finally i was wondering if anyone has come across a particular issue were this happened to them. either way i sent an email to ibasso and hopefully they can fill me in and i'll let you guys know. 

2. SetiroN
    I would update the phone's software before anything else.

3. sevens906
    Thanks I'll try that

4. sevens906
    yeah i completely cleared my devik/cache/system restore used a new rom and updated it to latest legitimate update and it still causes my device to crash

model no. t999
    android version 4.1.1
    baseband version t999uvdljc
    kernel version 3.0.31-274808

5. jRi0T68
    What type of crash? Any Apps FCing? I'd try running a logcat and posting a help thread in the Q&A of your device forum on xda.

6. jRi0T68
    Or switch to a different kernel and see if it continues. Kernel, basically, controls hardware.

7. sevens906
    Ok oh it isnt any apps the phone just turns black

8. jRi0T68
    Turns black, buttons non-responsive? Try it in a dark room. Then you'll be able to see if the screen shuts off or if the screen goes black. 2 different things, kinda.

I still think some of the brilliant developer minds have an idea what is happening, even if they don't have the solution.

Reboot into recovery, make a backup, and try a different son ROM that uses a different kernel. With a backup, reverting is easy.

9. sevens906
    Yea I just heard it cant be a custom rom or it wont work but I guess it wont hurt to try

10. jRi0T68
    It can't be an AOSP ROM, at least right now. Custom ROMs based on original Samsung source should be fine, I think.