IBasso Audio IT03
Apr 25, 2019 at 1:23 PM Post #3,316 of 3,344
You know, I didn't care for them. I ended up with the Kanas Pro, which I prefer. Maybe it's because I got the Comply tips. Idk, but I like it for an iem. Didn't care for the DM6.

Apr 25, 2019 at 1:35 PM Post #3,317 of 3,344
You know, I didn't care for them. I ended up with the Kanas Pro, which I prefer. Maybe it's because I got the Comply tips. Idk, but I like it for an iem. Didn't care for the DM6.
The Comply and the IT03 are horrible together. The highs are ruined and the bass is poor. The wide bore medium for me are the only thing that worked until..... the new Comply T-600, which are wide bore but you have to compress them length wise first and then roll them. The Kanas and I tried 2 different ones, I could never get as good of sound with. Just didn't do it for me.

Apr 25, 2019 at 2:29 PM Post #3,318 of 3,344
The Comply and the IT03 are horrible together.

You should have put IMO. In my experience Comply tips work well and sound great. As with any tip if the fit is right everything is good. The comfort is superb too, I can wear IT03 with foam tips for ages without the kind of irritation I sometimes get from silicone.

Everyone's ears are different.

Apr 25, 2019 at 2:58 PM Post #3,319 of 3,344
I tried the included foam tips and liked them better than the silicone ones, for sure, but the sound still just sounded... sharp, like it wasn't full. The Kanas Pro sound full to me.

Jun 19, 2019 at 7:56 PM Post #3,320 of 3,344
Hello,

I currently own the it01's and love them. They pair extremely well with my ha-2se. My wife wants me to buy her a pair too which is what brought me to this question. Would the it03's be a nice upgrade over the it01's that I currently own? Should I upgrade to them?

Jun 20, 2019 at 2:58 AM Post #3,321 of 3,344
Hello,

I currently own the it01's and love them. They pair extremely well with my ha-2se. My wife wants me to buy her a pair too which is what brought me to this question. Would the it03's be a nice upgrade over the it01's that I currently own? Should I upgrade to them?

Do you mean the IT01 or the IT01s? The IT03 being a hybrid design does sound different to both the IT01 variants. It is IMHO an upgrade from the IT01, but from the IT01(s) I would say more of a different flavour of sound.

If you are happy with the IT01 then I would say stick with it because we can't say for sure if you would prefer the sound from a hybrid design over a single dynamic driver.

If you can, either try the IT03 yourself before you buy, or buy it from somewhere where you can return it if its not for you.

Jun 20, 2019 at 4:34 AM Post #3,322 of 3,344
Do you mean the IT01 or the IT01s? The IT03 being a hybrid design does sound different to both the IT01 variants. It is IMHO an upgrade from the IT01, but from the IT01(s) I would say more of a different flavour of sound.

If you are happy with the IT01 then I would say stick with it because we can't say for sure if you would prefer the sound from a hybrid design over a single dynamic driver.

If you can, either try the IT03 yourself before you buy, or buy it from somewhere where you can return it if its not for you.

I had the IT03 and thought it was great...until I heard the IT01. I prefer the latter...but, yes, it's a matter of taste and preference. I'm trying to remember, but i've a feeling the IT03 is more natural sounding. The IT01 has greater depth and is quite bassy, beautifully so imo...but I removed the filters and it seems to have opened things up a bit. The soundstage is very high and wide where many other IEMs I have can be just wide.

But I agree. Try IT03 out first. I'm not convinced it's an 'upgrade' per se, despite the price difference. Everything's changed in the market now. All I'll say is, from a personal perspective, my IT01 is one of my top 3 IEM's.

Jun 20, 2019 at 7:07 AM Post #3,324 of 3,344
i have both IT03 and It01, and IT03 is definitely an upgrade.. its individual preferrence i guess It03 is cleaner, great subbass, and soudstage. im i treble headed and love details, and IT03 is good for that

Jun 20, 2019 at 7:14 AM Post #3,325 of 3,344
i have both IT03 and It01, and IT03 is definitely an upgrade.. its individual preferrence i guess It03 is cleaner, great subbass, and soudstage. im i treble headed and love details, and IT03 is good for that
And fair enough. Yep, individual preference...and source, tips etc. For some reason my IT01 (which I got back from repair) is better than another IT01 I bought and sold. Strange...but true.

Jun 20, 2019 at 7:49 PM Post #3,328 of 3,344
What is the best way to remove the filters?

I had the IT03 and thought it was great...until I heard the IT01. I prefer the latter...but, yes, it's a matter of taste and preference. I'm trying to remember, but i've a feeling the IT03 is more natural sounding. The IT01 has greater depth and is quite bassy, beautifully so imo...but I removed the filters and it seems to have opened things up a bit. The soundstage is very high and wide where many other IEMs I have can be just wide.

But I agree. Try IT03 out first. I'm not convinced it's an 'upgrade' per se, despite the price difference. Everything's changed in the market now. All I'll say is, from a personal perspective, my IT01 is one of my top 3 IEM's.

Jun 21, 2019 at 5:03 AM Post #3,330 of 3,344
What is the best way to remove the filters?

I removed the mesh from the end of the nozzles - using a pin. They came out quite easily. But be careful. You won't be able to put them back as easily!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back