iaudio or kenwood?
Mar 22, 2008 at 11:03 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 68

afternoon025

100+ Head-Fier
hi,you guys
i'm considering to get one of them(iaudio and kenwood with big capacity)instead of my old ipod.i wanna know which one can work better with UE triple.fi,without a portable ampli,and with grado rs1 (probably must have a portable ampli)
i mainly listen to some rock with some ape,flac
so can any of you give some suggestion?
thanks

Mar 22, 2008 at 11:13 AM Post #2 of 68
I would say the kenwood is better,personally I think Iaoudio is not worth that price. One more thing is the kenwood goes really well with the tf10. But for rs1, I do not think any of them can do a good job without an amp.

Mar 22, 2008 at 11:58 AM Post #3 of 68
Doesnt the kenwood use a different type of flac though? Similar to apples version of alac?

Mar 22, 2008 at 3:14 PM Post #7 of 68
If the op is going to use ape or flac the D2 is the only choice, iirc the kenwood does not play these formats. BTW the D2 plays: MP3, Ogg Vorbis, WMA, FLAC, APE, WAV, AAC (but some only on older firmware versions). Other bennies: almost instant on, SQ, JetEffect - various EQ and Sound Effect settings (BBE), UMS/MTP user selectable, ID3 or File browsing, Battery life, etc. etc……….

Mar 23, 2008 at 1:45 AM Post #9 of 68
kenwood doesn't do flac
kenwood hisses

Mar 23, 2008 at 1:56 AM Post #10 of 68
If you want to spend 10+ minutes on each album to convert to KLS (Kenwood proprietary) and retag every file, by all means go for the Kenwood.

I'd say it's one of the DAPs that benefit more with a portable amp. In my experience it cleans up the sound and completely eliminate the hiss. If you're planning to use it with an IEM/highly revealing headphone, I suggest you look otherwise, however.

Mar 23, 2008 at 2:10 AM Post #11 of 68
Quote:

Originally Posted by afternoon025 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
thx.but i prefer a hd player with bigger capacity than a flash player.does rockbox can let D9 play ape and flac?

Sounds like you need a 5.5 generation ipod, then just rockbox it. I don't think it can play ape but it will play flac.

Mar 23, 2008 at 6:27 AM Post #12 of 68
Quote:

Originally Posted by Culverin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
kenwood doesn't do flac
kenwood hisses

Have you tried the newer 60GB EC model? I didn't think it had a hissing issue.

Mar 23, 2008 at 9:28 AM Post #13 of 68
Kenwood D9/D9ec

16 hrs WAV Playback,AAC,KLS supported

Mar 23, 2008 at 10:32 AM Post #14 of 68
Quote:

Originally Posted by Assorted /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you want to spend 10+ minutes on each album to convert to KLS (Kenwood proprietary) and retag every file, by all means go for the Kenwood.

I'd say it's one of the DAPs that benefit more with a portable amp. In my experience it cleans up the sound and completely eliminate the hiss. If you're planning to use it with an IEM/highly revealing headphone, I suggest you look otherwise, however.

serious?i've heard mostly said it's one of the best daps who can play beautifully without a portable amp?i just don't wanna get into imod+portable amp that way,it looks not that portable.

Mar 23, 2008 at 10:35 AM Post #15 of 68
Quote:

Originally Posted by MadDog /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Have you tried the newer 60GB EC model? I didn't think it had a hissing issue.

i wish not too. a damn beautiful 700USD thing should not hiss
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back