I would like to thank Head-fi for this honor...
Feb 3, 2007 at 12:17 AM Post #16 of 20
Voted.

Feb 3, 2007 at 12:46 AM Post #17 of 20
Congrats! Great picture.

I use a Sigma 150mm macro right now but I think it's a little too long for most applications...I tried to use my art teacher's Sigma 50mm macro today but it didn't work on my camera (kept giving me Error 99). Maybe I'll pick up a Canon EF-S 60mm or 100mm sometime in the near future...

Feb 3, 2007 at 6:51 PM Post #19 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrvile /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I use a Sigma 150mm macro right now but I think it's a little too long for most applications...I tried to use my art teacher's Sigma 50mm macro today but it didn't work on my camera (kept giving me Error 99). Maybe I'll pick up a Canon EF-S 60mm or 100mm sometime in the near future...

Most people I have talked to seem to prefer something around 90-100mm for the added distance from the subject. I can see the appeal from my own use, but size was important to me as I don't carry a large camera bag with me, and it's easier to use without a tripod. It's obvious why photography is another expensive hobby, though I haven't really gotten to that point yet, just playing.
wink.gif

Feb 3, 2007 at 7:30 PM Post #20 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by devwild /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Most people I have talked to seem to prefer something around 90-100mm for the added distance from the subject. I can see the appeal from my own use, but size was important to me as I don't carry a large camera bag with me, and it's easier to use without a tripod. It's obvious why photography is another expensive hobby, though I haven't really gotten to that point yet, just playing.
wink.gif

I am really tempted to finally sell my 150mm to get a Canon 100mm...

But yes, headphones + photography is not a good combo. Luckily the $3,000+ I've dropped into photography has kept me from spending too much on headphone gear...and I'm still only in high school!
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back