I would like my Sony MDR-EX71 to break "unexpectly"
Apr 11, 2007 at 10:35 AM Post #17 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spare Tire /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Guys, stop giving bad life advice to the kid.
If you break them to get new headphones, because you don't have the means to get new ones yourself and need your parents to pay for new ones, then you are frauding them, you're stealing from them.
Be a man, suck it up. Respect your equipment. They'll break when they break. Buy new ones yourself if you want, if you can't then you'll just have to wait and get new ones when you deserve them.

I guess I didn't think properly, I was thinking his parents wouldn't let him spend his own money... doesn't really sound right now I think about it. So although I wasn't encouraging breaking them, I take back my suggestion of faking it.
Patience is a good thing, and if you don't earn much money, just spend a lot of time thinking about what to buy rather then buying. Works for me, only gets a little annoying when you spend 6 months or so deciding, but then you have more money to spend
wink.gif

Apr 11, 2007 at 10:42 AM Post #18 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMarchingMule /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Dude, who honestly does that kind of typing? Bugs me to no end...you better be a pre-teen girl, or else you have no excuse for your lack of manliness.
plainface.gif

That was uncalled for...especially coming from a guy who has got a "cute" cartoon donkey for an avatar.

Apr 11, 2007 at 11:12 AM Post #19 of 31
I guess head-fi is spoiling all the kids
tongue.gif
. Sony ex-71sl sounded perfectly good to me before they broke down and i went looking for new headphones on minidisc.org's forum. The guys there did warn me not to go look at head-fi, they said it was a dangerous place full of crazy people. Alas!
Head-fi should be one of those "adults only" place, hahaha, it would just spoil the virgin ears of the young men.
I don't know, even if i did have my own money, i don't know if i'd like to be turned into a consumer whore at a too early age if i think about it.

Apr 11, 2007 at 11:22 AM Post #20 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by vegaman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Patience is a good thing, and if you don't earn much money, just spend a lot of time thinking about what to buy rather then buying. Works for me, only gets a little annoying when you spend 6 months or so deciding, but then you have more money to spend
wink.gif

Good advice works for me too! I usually spend about six months between purchases myself. More fun, I think, to take ones time and have fun studying and make good decisions with fewer mistakes.....unless one has a very good budget! Then it can be fun no matter what!!

Apr 11, 2007 at 3:10 PM Post #21 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by rhythmicmoose /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I had a pair that went through the washer and dryer and survived, so I wouldn't recommend that method.

I had a pair that went through the washer and dryer and only one channel survived. I'll swap you even for them. Let's see if they survive the US Mail in a standard first class envelope!

Apr 11, 2007 at 5:12 PM Post #23 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruggerio79 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That was uncalled for...especially coming from a guy who has got a "cute" cartoon donkey for an avatar.

*Sigh* Ignorance is bliss...
rolleyes.gif

Apr 11, 2007 at 6:31 PM Post #24 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spare Tire /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Guys, stop giving bad life advice to the kid.
If you break them to get new headphones, because you don't have the means to get new ones yourself and need your parents to pay for new ones, then you are frauding them, you're stealing from them.
Be a man, suck it up. Respect your equipment. They'll break when they break. Buy new ones yourself if you want, if you can't then you'll just have to wait and get new ones when you deserve them.

lol, i actually live in an cheap family.
and i use my own money to buy my things.....but they still won't let me buy things if they think its useless....they will be like "RETURN THEM" lol or i would get in trouble..

and i'm a girl
hhhahahaha

Apr 11, 2007 at 7:30 PM Post #26 of 31
Solution: black market arms trade! You'll be
k1000smile.gif
in no time.

No, but seriously, don't break your phones. Just be patient until you can afford ones you might like more.

Also, for a budget (but AWESOME) phone recommendation... the Koss KSC75 can do no wrong, if you can find them (they're kind of scarce). Many HeadFiers have and love them.

Apr 12, 2007 at 12:20 AM Post #29 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dotdotdot /img/forum/go_quote.gif
lol, i actually live in an cheap family.
and i use my own money to buy my things.....but they still won't let me buy things if they think its useless....they will be like "RETURN THEM" lol or i would get in trouble..

and i'm a girl
hhhahahaha

Anyways, despite what people say ex71 are pretty good, at least good enough if you already have them. They just cost more than the other stuff, but to want to break your ex71 just to buy something that sound the same but cost less doesn't make sense, in the end you'll just end up spending more money without gaining anything. If it reassures you any, the ex71 will break appart pretty fast, so you'll have a reason to buy new ones. But to want to break them to get an excuse for new ones, i just can't stand the idea. Think about the kids in africa.... yeah, that kind of train of thought. Everything has it's worth, respect your equipment.
I suppose you use the ex71 for portable use. You wont get much better with anything else for portable, without spending serious money for big headphones and big headphone amps and then it wont be very portable anymore. It isn't worth it. You'll be dissapointed if you do what you're planning to do. Lie to your parents, waste their money, lose your integrity, not gain much sound quality wise. There's no other way i can put it, whether you're a guy or a girl: be a man, do the right thing!
Check this video out: http://www.youtube.com/v/rF9RBSGI-Gw

Apr 12, 2007 at 2:06 AM Post #30 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by strangemusic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Also, for a budget (but AWESOME) phone recommendation... the Koss KSC75 can do no wrong, if you can find them (they're kind of scarce). Many HeadFiers have and love them.

x2!

I'm about to buy 4 pair of these from Amazon.com and recable at least two of 'em like this guy did: http://www.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?p=2866816

Keep a couple around as presents, keep one or two for backup in case they get misplaced or whatever...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back