I would like my Sony MDR-EX71 to break "unexpectly"
Apr 10, 2007 at 11:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 31

Dotdotdot

New Head-Fier
Lol, Any ideas? I would like them to break. (And no, I'm not old enough to drive so I can't run over them with an car)
I had them since Jan 2005, waiting for the cable to melt.

I can't get an new one until it breaks.

Wanting them to break so I can get an Creative Ep-630 or and V-Moda Bass Freq.

I can't decide which one to get.

Which one is more clear and comfortable and better sound quality?(See thread V-Moda Bass Freq vs Creative Ep-630)
I have small ears.

Also, which one is more durable(can last at least 6 months, perfelly 1 year or +)?

Also, why do people say the ex71 sucks? Is it because of the cable,design, durablity? Or sound, whats missing in it? What is high end and low end?

Also, whats the difference of sound quality between the Sony MDR-EX71 and the Creative EP-630?

I hope its an nice upgrade of Sony ex71.

I think its okay. But then again, I never listened to other good earphones?

Apr 11, 2007 at 12:02 AM Post #2 of 31
Don't break them. Give them to me and say you lost it.
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 11, 2007 at 2:31 AM Post #8 of 31
You could always try putting some type of insulation (maybe glue or clear nail-polish? just make sure it's dry and doesn't scrape off too easy before you plug it into anything) over the ground or whatever you want, then take it back off and they'll work again.
Why break them when you don't need to?

Apr 11, 2007 at 4:07 AM Post #9 of 31
Guys, stop giving bad life advice to the kid.
If you break them to get new headphones, because you don't have the means to get new ones yourself and need your parents to pay for new ones, then you are frauding them, you're stealing from them.
Be a man, suck it up. Respect your equipment. They'll break when they break. Buy new ones yourself if you want, if you can't then you'll just have to wait and get new ones when you deserve them.

Apr 11, 2007 at 4:49 AM Post #11 of 31
I had a pair that went through the washer and dryer and survived, so I wouldn't recommend that method.

If you think they're fine, enjoy them. If you're curious about other earphones, save your money and buy a pair while you still have the EX71 around. That way you can compare them to your new purchase and develop your own understanding of the various nuances of audio (bass, treble, balance, detail, etc.).

Apr 11, 2007 at 7:22 AM Post #12 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spare Tire /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you break them to get new headphones, because you don't have the means to get new ones yourself and need your parents to pay for new ones, then you are frauding them, you're stealing from them.
Be a man, suck it up. Respect your equipment. They'll break when they break. Buy new ones yourself if you want, if you can't then you'll just have to wait and get new ones when you deserve them.

x2

Seriously, if you need to fraud your parents into giving you new headphones, then you are just selfish, impatient, and immature. Don't go around wasting perfectly good equipment. Do some chores or work or something... then buy your own if you don't like your's so much. $5 here and there add up quick. Birthdays/Christmas also work very well...

Plus like the post above, there is no way you can compare the sounds accurately between headphones if you don't have two working pairs. Memory on specific sound details is a very fragile thing among headphones.

Apr 11, 2007 at 7:55 AM Post #14 of 31
Yeah.. the EX-71's do suck. I had the misfortune of throwing away my money on a pair of those. They did sound amazing when compared to the iPod buds though. .. Still doesn't justify breaking them... Give em to someone else that might appreciate it.

Apr 11, 2007 at 8:35 AM Post #15 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dotdotdot /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yay!!!!!

i must do this, when my parents aren't looking *hehe* laughs evily

Dude, who honestly does that kind of typing? Bugs me to no end...you better be a pre-teen girl, or else you have no excuse for your lack of manliness.
plainface.gif

You are going from other people's opinions, and I bet you had no problems with the 71 until you read about them here at Head-Fi.

Just enjoy them! Better to have them than nothing at all. Who is to say that once you break them yourself they don't have the time/money to replace them? That would be the best karma situation, but still; just be glad for what you have at the moment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back