I woke up scared half to death last night
Dec 9, 2005 at 6:13 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 27

BowerR64

1000+ Head-Fier
A few months back there was some links posted in the headfi sectioin of 3D recorded files of fireworks and some other ones. There is one where a guy walks threw the woods and goes fishing. For some reason i fell asleep and i was in that kinda awake kinda sleeping state and i was dreaming i was in the woods sleeping and the dude was walking up looking for me or somthing. I woke up and threw the blanket off yelled and threw my arms around then realized i what i was listening to.

Those 3D files are great man!
eek.gif

Ive been listening to them for months there are a few i found with music that sounds cool i usualy fall asleep to those. E3s, my rio and those files wheeeew i get some good sleep, sept for the nightmares.
eek.gif

Dec 9, 2005 at 6:30 AM Post #2 of 27
I had a weird "nightmare" last night too.

Woke up feeling a high level of anxiety.

The dream was about being in school and forgetting to show up for a final exam.

Weird. It's been over ten years since I've been in college and at the end of it, I didn't really have any exams so to speak, as I was a design major and had critiques/reviews instead. Was pretty difficult to forget a deadline, since I was not really sleeping much anyways.

-Ed

Dec 9, 2005 at 6:47 AM Post #3 of 27
Heh, I've been out of college nearly 5 years, and I have a recurring dream where I forget that I'm in a class (usually something like English/Lit, which I suck at) for nearly the whole semester - and then suddenly, in the last week or two (way past the deadline for dropping a class), I'll remember about it. Then I panic, thinking about all the assignments I've probably missed and the upcoming final. Usually I do remember attending the first 1 or 2 sessions of the class, though. The scary thing is that something like this isn't that far-fetched for me in real life - which makes the dream all the more realistic.

Anyways, as far as recurring dreams go this is pretty lame. I dream about college and this is all my brain can come up with?? LOL.

Dec 9, 2005 at 7:08 AM Post #4 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by mulveling
Heh, I've been out of college nearly 5 years, and I have a recurring dream where I forget that I'm in a class (usually something like English/Lit, which I suck at) for nearly the whole semester - and then suddenly, in the last week or two (way past the deadline for dropping a class), I'll remember about it. Then I panic, thinking about all the assignments I've probably missed and the upcoming final. Usually I do remember attending the first 1 or 2 sessions of the class, though. The scary thing is that something like this isn't that far-fetched for me in real life - which makes the dream all the more realistic.

Ha, I've actually had that same dream a couple times. And sadly, it isn't too far-fetched for me either.

Sort of off topic, but that reminds me of the time I was extremely worried about an exam I had the next day. That night, I had a dream that I took it and did really well. Well, when I woke up, not only did I think I had taken and done well on the exam, but I also thought that meant I didn't have to wake up and study for the three hours before my exam; so, I happily went back to sleep. I was lucky to wake up 15 minutes before the exam and realize it had been a dream. Yeah, I didn't do well on that exam.

Dec 9, 2005 at 7:22 AM Post #5 of 27
Quote:

Anyways, as far as recurring dreams go this is pretty lame. I dream about college and this is all my brain can come up with?? LOL.

Heheh, yeah, noe "Gone Wild" with the College dreams. Heheh.

Oh, and on a side note, I've only been out of college for 6 years my wife informs me. We first met 10 years ago, so I guess I've been focusing on that date instead.
tongue.gif

-Ed

Dec 9, 2005 at 7:48 AM Post #6 of 27
Quote:

That's hilarious, I've had that exact dream several times; and similarly, I've pretty much done it in real life a few times.

Dec 9, 2005 at 8:00 AM Post #7 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by AndyRx7
That's hilarious, I've had that exact dream several times; and similarly, I've pretty much done it in real life a few times.

I've had the dream, too, but I've never done it.

Dec 9, 2005 at 9:14 AM Post #8 of 27
Never had that dream, but I've done it
mad.gif
One of the reasons why I'm still getting my bachelor's
rolleyes.gif

Dec 9, 2005 at 9:57 AM Post #9 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by AndyRx7

Oh no, now I'm going to have to chime in...
Now I don't expect to have to explain this necessarily and I totally understand any skeptiscism, but here's something wierd about me I don't think anyone at HeadFi will believe about me, and I don't care if anyone does or not:
Ever since I was a kid, I've had dreams of very realistic circumstances that would within a couple of years actually happen, although it was more of a deja vu effect. But lately, this has been happening more and more frequently, and I'm taking it quite seriously because as of the last few years the subject of these odd dreams have become very personal, and that which I dreamt actually happened, and it wasn't exactly a good thing either. I won't get into the specifics though, because it's a personal matter, but it seriously freaks me out.

I was talking with my sister on my way to work and she was talking about how similar stuff happened to her, like she could see things ahead of time. It's very odd, IMHO.

It's a shame that I don't have any headphone related dreams though, as I could totally see myself owning some HE60's with a sweet tube amp to push them to their limits while listening to the awesome Wolf's Rain soundtrack
orphsmile.gif

580smile.gif
Abe

Oh, and ooheadsoo, I can see the Berserk in your avatar, nice! I actually enjoyed that anime quite a bit, but still have undying love for Wolf's Rain and Cowboy Bebop
biggrin.gif

Dec 9, 2005 at 11:13 AM Post #10 of 27
The last well-remembered nightmare I had revolved around me losing my son as an infant. One of those "in the elevator, someone else comes in, and I realize that I don't have the stroller with me" stuipid dreams. But you wake up with a very scared feeling.

Now I have actually had some AMAZING dreams that foretold of music purchases! I remember years ago, I had this dream that my friend and I were in our favorite record shop, and I found a Syd Barret bootleg. Plain white cover, with smaller black and white photo center-mounted on it.

Within one week, we were both there, and what do I find but a Syd Barret bootleg with a white cover and a B&W photo glued on (OK, it wasn't a smaller B&W, but covered the whole front). I said "Holy Sh**" fairly loudly, and Bob (who I had told about my dream) repeated that nicely for me.

I only wish my "finding money" dreams would come true! THOSE have only happened since I joined Head-Fi
tongue.gif

Dec 9, 2005 at 3:31 PM Post #11 of 27
To the first poster, yeah, binaural recordings will do that to you hehe. I fell asleep to music for the first time in a while at 11pm last night doing a cable comparo listening to the unplugged Layla. I dreamt about how each cable actually was the personification (or cablefication) of a signature headphone sound...

then i woke up. i guess the cable that was in there was a Sennheiser-type!
evil_smiley.gif

Dec 9, 2005 at 4:08 PM Post #12 of 27
Damn, I'll trade you guys... When I have dreams they are always whacked!

I've had dreams of being eaten by sharks, torn apart by a werewolf, and watching a huge asteroid coming towards earth as the end of times. It totally sucks cause I wake up all freaked out. Fortunatly it's only once in a while but when it happens man does it suck!

Dec 9, 2005 at 5:30 PM Post #14 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood
I had a weird "nightmare" last night too.

Woke up feeling a high level of anxiety.

The dream was about being in school and forgetting to show up for a final exam.

Weird. It's been over ten years since I've been in college and at the end of it, I didn't really have any exams so to speak, as I was a design major and had critiques/reviews instead. Was pretty difficult to forget a deadline, since I was not really sleeping much anyways.

-Ed

Haha, I had a similar experience, except I didn't actually make it to the exam!
rolleyes.gif

Dec 9, 2005 at 6:14 PM Post #15 of 27
Quote:

Deinitely had that dream myself a couple of times. Scarier than getting hit by a car or falling out of the sky in my opinion!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back